U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:35 AM

26,310 posts, read 24,385,099 times

Advertisements

I'll tell you true, the police held a news conference, this morning, from the Colorado shooting, and one of them started to speak in Spanish. I take great offense to that, I wanted to hear what he was saying and couldn't understand him...why should we have to change and assimilate, to a world of illegals living here...b/c they refuse to learn English...that is thoroughly annoying.

I can understand why Police need to speak other languages however, for a public announcement, this is so wrong, and offensive to the Americans who live here.

I remember my ex father in law, saying how when he was a child, he came here and couldn't speak English, but learned it quickly b/c a girl in his classroom had to raise her hand for him, and tell the teacher he had to use the rest room.

People today coming to this country, don't have enough respect for themselves and Americans to learn the language, except for those who truly deem it a privilege to be here. They are the ones who are true Americans....those who worked hard, learned the language, and went thru the process to become an American Citizen.

All the rest is enabling them to break the law, and I find it appalling and disrespectful to Americans, that a police officer, has to stand up in front of reporters to report on a shooting in a Colorado school, and speak Spanish. Terrible!!!!!! that divides....

At work, we are told, and trained on Unconscious bias....which I also find appalling. All because the company doesn't want to pay better wages and benefits, so they enroll in the foreign work program....to heck with hiring the most capable worker, but hey, the company brags that they are diverse.....to heck with experience.

that creates division.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:50 AM

11,991 posts, read 6,601,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Huh. Where I live, muddy front yards and too many people in a dwelling - or too many unrelated people altogether - is against code, and it's strictly enforced. I also live in a town that's about 20% non-native.

I don't live in an HOA; I live in an older neighborhood in a post-industrial town in Pennsylvania. Where do you live? I'm glad I don't live there if zoning and code violations aren't adhered to.
No one said they people stuffed in the houses were unrelated. If they had nonrelated people who would know, no one is asking for papers. We never needed much in the way of ordinances because people were respectful and take pride in their property. Now we need more police, more laws and less freedom because cultural diversity. With decency you don't need the Gestapo watching you, because it is unnecessary.

I'm sure people in 2 million dollar homes in San Francisco never thought they would dealing with human excrement on their street either. Homeless bring diversity to their boring neighborhoods.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:55 PM

32,309 posts, read 59,540,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No one said they people stuffed in the houses were unrelated. If they had nonrelated people who would know, no one is asking for papers. We never needed much in the way of ordinances because people were respectful and take pride in their property. Now we need more police, more laws and less freedom because cultural diversity. With decency you don't need the Gestapo watching you, because it is unnecessary.

I'm sure people in 2 million dollar homes in San Francisco never thought they would dealing with human excrement on their street either. Homeless bring diversity to their boring neighborhoods.
So your town was too perfect for zoning and code restrictions, and now the chickens have come home to roost - quite possibly a literal statement! Bwah hahahaha.

You're blaming your town's lack of zoning and code protection on diversity, when all the residents should be looking in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies