Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:27 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The white people at the top created apartheid.

One needs to understand that the slave trade transpired
with Central and West Africans being sold by West Africans
to Western Europeans with some captured by coastal raids.

It is bad to drink poison but far worse to create it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I wonder how many of the White minority want to get the heck outta dodge, but can't????
I don't know if the same translates to South African whites but I've read and heard the accounts of a number of farmers who were chased out of Zimbabwe. They left as a last resort not because they had no choice -- Zambia and Mozambique for instance have rolled out the welcome mat for fleeing white Zimbabweans -- but because they loved Zimbabwe and considered it their home. Every one of the accounts hope for a day when they can return.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:08 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Would the Netherlands and Britain "take them back" if they wanted to emigrate?
How many millions of white SAns are there?

Old 05-08-2019, 02:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That is the problem with oppressing a population for centuries, they tend not to forget and forgive so quickly.
How could they be so quick to forget?

People are obviously forgetting what happened under apartheid. The murders, the humiliations, the daily degradations that black South Africans had to endure. The police and army abuse. The rotting townships with few services. Men being forced away from their families for months at a time to work in mines for little money. I guess some people don’t think that black people are proud too. We don’t like being stepped upon and marginalized anymore than white folks do. But it’s obvious that we aren’t seen that way. We’re seen as naturally servile.

This is why so many people are shocked that many black South Africans feel as if a little payback isn’t due. What did they expect them to do or feel? Look at what happened POST-WW2 in Europe. Untold millions were killed in revenge murders. But blacks are supposed to be different somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Laws and the constitution also apply to whatever is going on on private property.
I don’t know the laws in SA. Maybe you can set up a town that discriminates as long as it’s on private land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Attributed to LBJ :

“ When you put your boot on a man’s neck and hold him down for 300 years and then you let him up, what’s he going to do? He’s going to knock your block off.”
People somehow seemingly forget this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
One needs to understand that the slave trade transpired
with Central and West Africans being sold by West Africans
to Western Europeans with some captured by coastal raids.

It is bad to drink poison but far worse to create it.
This isn’t about the slave trade.

Quote:
Would the Netherlands and Britain "take them back" if they wanted to emigrate?
How many millions of white SAns are there?
I think something like 5 million. And the Netherlands and Britain are definitely not eager to take in a population of people that are aggrieved because they lost a historic privilege due to their own failure to recognize the writing on the wall. Many if not most of these people are frighteningly militant racists, and Britain and Holland have multiracial societies with people that won’t tolerate being referred to as “kaffirs” or worse. There will be blood in the streets.

Not only that, these people will be ripe for courting by far right nationalist parties. Hundreds of thousands of extra voters is enough to tip the political balance in those countries. A balance that’s already highly combustible.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:21 PM

623 posts, read 233,814 times
Funny how people ALWAYS say set up your own town etc and then someone does it and the anti white racists sue to stop him from setting up HIS LAND how he wants to. Amazing. Diversity just chasing down the last white person and FORCING it down their throats. This is how wars are started by not leaving people alone.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Funny how people ALWAYS say set up your own town etc and then someone does it and the anti white racists sue to stop him from setting up HIS LAND how he wants to. Amazing. Diversity just chasing down the last white person and FORCING it down their throats. This is how wars are started by not leaving people alone.
Well, setting up an all-white town in Sub-Saharan Africa is racist no matter how you look at it
I have never heard of blacks trying to set up a purely black town in Europe or China.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Well, setting up an all-white town in Sub-Saharan Africa is racist no matter how you look at it
I have never heard of blacks trying to set up a purely black town in Europe or China.
No its not. Afrikaaner's have been in South Africa for centuries.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:47 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I think something like 5 million. And the Netherlands and Britain are definitely not eager to take in a population of people that are aggrieved because they lost a historic privilege due to their own failure to recognize the writing on the wall. Many if not most of these people are frighteningly militant racists, and Britain and Holland have multiracial societies with people that won’t tolerate being referred to as “kaffirs” or worse. There will be blood in the streets.
I am very certian you are making the wrong assumptions here. I lived in SA for nearly 4 years, it seemed pretty obvious the militant white racists were a small fringe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not only that, these people will be ripe for courting by far right nationalist parties. Hundreds of thousands of extra voters is enough to tip the political balance in those countries. A balance that’s already highly combustible.
I ecountered more far left types among Afrikaaners than far right types. Many were of the high tax, mother govt takes care of everything mindset also. Seems they would fit right in to western/northern Europe for the most part.

The universities were also infected with far left nut jobs in SA (just like elsewhere).

Meet an "artist" and "professor" from SA:

Old 05-08-2019, 03:12 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Remember this episode of Oprah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErjPmFulQ0

HWITE!

Old 05-08-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Remember this episode of Oprah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErjPmFulQ0
Have you been there since that episode aired? Its a disgusting cesspool. I am 2 counties over from it and I hope to god we NEVER become what Forsyth county has become. Its disgusting like a mini Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies