U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2019, 11:48 AM

2,911 posts, read 904,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out in Congress. I don't think they have the stomach for impeachment, but that would be one way they could get the information.
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/LSB10201.pdf
The Dems impeachment dance is the weakest thing I’ve ever seen, they can’t pick one or the other. “Well this could be used for impeachment, teeeechnically we COULD impeach.” Just grow a pair and do it or not, either way, Trump will still be president and the sun will still rise in the east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 12:18 PM

8,665 posts, read 2,705,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The Dems impeachment dance is the weakest thing I’ve ever seen, they can’t pick one or the other. “Well this could be used for impeachment, teeeechnically we COULD impeach.” Just grow a pair and do it or not, either way, Trump will still be president and the sun will still rise in the east.
It's taking time to get to that point. They first want to see if they can get compliance with the subpoenas. They'll go from there according to Congressman Mark Pocan of Wisconsin. Heard him today talking about it.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:50 PM

33,929 posts, read 18,449,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Quit moving the goal posts. Here's what you originally asked:
You got your answer.

What will happen next is anyone's guess. BUT, you now know Congress has legal options to get the Grand Jury testimony.

I'm not moving the goal post, the only thing you did was to show that "something" has to be done to make barr provide the unreacted version of the report.

What is that "Something" the house is doing?

And you are cherry picking that particular paragraph....to get barr to provide that information, they have to do "Something"....again, what's that something?

And you KNOW by what you've provided that the house has to do "something" they are not doing that something, are they?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM

8,665 posts, read 2,705,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm not moving the goal post, the only thing you did was to show that "something" has to be done to make barr provide the unreacted version of the report.

What is that "Something" the house is doing?

And you are cherry picking that particular paragraph....to get barr to provide that information, they have to do "Something"....again, what's that something?

And you KNOW by what you've provided that the house has to do "something" they are not doing that something, are they?
See my above post. The house is hoping people will comply with subpoenas. If not, they'll proceed. Heard a congressman talking about it today. Impeachment is not off the table.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:06 PM

33,929 posts, read 18,449,106 times
Quote:
See my above post. The house is hoping people will comply with subpoenas. If not, they'll proceed. Heard a congressman talking about it today. Impeachment is not off the table.

So, you agree that barr is just up holding the law, yes?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:04 PM

7,605 posts, read 2,208,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
they can't even get Pelosi, their leader, to buy in. it's dead.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:17 PM

12,264 posts, read 11,281,695 times
The landscape is shifting.

McGhan, Barr and others will not testify and will not give up information. The curtain of cooperation has come down and the train heading towards all these former players is running fast on the tracks.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 PM

9,709 posts, read 3,124,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

McGhan, Barr and others will not testify and will not give up information. The curtain of cooperation has come down and the train heading towards all these former players is running fast on the tracks.
what does Barr need to testify for ?

Old 05-20-2019, 08:27 PM

171 posts, read 26,266 times
Quote:
It's taking time to get to that point. They first want to see if they can get compliance with the subpoenas. They'll go from there according to Congressman Mark Pocan of Wisconsin. Heard him today talking about it.
I am not sure what they expect to see from a subpoena, the Legislature and Executive are equal branches, one cannot compel the other to produce anything without showing good cause which the Judicial would resolve. And then there is executive privilege that can be invoked also.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 PM

3,884 posts, read 1,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

lol - Metaphor much? I was taught to avoid them like the plague.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies