Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:46 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,041,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Don't be distracted by the nonsense and garbage thrown out there by the staunch Trump disciples on this forum. Mueller explains exactly why he investigated Trump's actions. Its right there on pages 1-2 of Volume II where Mueller states as follows:

"[w]hile the OLC opinion concludes that a sitting President may not be prosecuted, it recognizes that a criminal investigation during the President's term is permissible. The OLC opinion also recognizes that a President does not have immunity after he leaves office. And if individuals other than the President committed an obstruction offense, they may be prosecuted at this time. Given those considerations, the facts known to us, and the strong public interest in safeguarding the integrity of the criminal justice system, we conducted a thorough factual investigation in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary materials were available."

On Mawrica, to be convicted of a crime
You need to be charged

Mueller didn’t charge Trump with anything
So Trump is not “guilty and won’t be removed from office because of a temper tantrum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 10:47 AM

25,403 posts, read 9,673,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
On Mawrica, to be convicted of a crime
You need to be charged

Mueller didn’t charge Trump with anything
So Trump is not “guilty and won’t be removed from office because of a temper tantrum
Mueller thought a sitting president couldn't be indicted. So he punted to Congress to make a decision. Mueller did not exonerate Trump from obstruction. Let's hope Mueller can still come to Congress to testify.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:47 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,498,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And when Mueller fails to deliver the “smoking gun” that causes Trump to be removed from office, then you will turn on him as well
I can't "turn" on someone I never supported in the first place, and I'm not assuming any "smoking gun," but I sure as Hell believe in full transparency regardless. Watching Trump and Barr preside over the information in this report, after listening to Trump and Barr's testimony, I don't don't know what is in the report that Trump wants so badly to keep under wrap, but I don't get the feeling it has anything to do with anything other than Trump.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Nadler and the Democrats failed to view the Mueller report that the DOJ made available with only Grand Jury testimony redacted ...... now that has been withdrawn and they won't be able to view it at all.

Their choice - to not look at the accommodations Barr gave them and now to not look at it at all.
Barr has made all the accommodations and Nadler has refused ALL of them.

Less than 20 days, in the Holder case over 250 days .... this is Political Theater.
Their choice to not interview Barr last week also.
This all staged to bring discredit Barr and bring charges against Trump.

They couldn't even wait a week to talk to Mueller March 15.

I hope this motivates Barr and Trump Company to go full throttle on declassifying documents.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,812,715 times
Wait a minute, didn't Trump say a few weeks ago that he welcomed the entire report being released? What happened to that? Some staffer actually read it and briefed him on how damaging it actually is to him?

There can be no other reason why this "transparent" president is working so hard to make sure this report never sees the light of day. And of course, the cultists are ignoring this reality, but you can be certain the American public will not.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,367,018 times
Clown show. Honk Honk!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,512,077 times
After this proceeding today A.G. Barr should be a future recipient of the Medal of Freedom.

Refusing to break the law at the request of democrats who are using maximum pressure and intimidation.

This is a highwater mark in his long history of service to the country.

The democrats on this committee have achieved something notable today.

They normally put on a dog and pony show but today the went with the full Punch and Jude show.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:59 AM

58,392 posts, read 26,740,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I can't "turn" on someone I never supported in the first place, and I'm not assuming any "smoking gun," but I sure as Hell believe in full transparency regardless. Watching Trump and Barr preside over the information in this report, after listening to Trump and Barr's testimony, I don't don't know what is in the report that Trump wants so badly to keep under wrap, but I don't get the feeling it has anything to do with anything other than Trump.
"but I sure as Hell believe in full transparency regardless."

Even it BREAKS EXISTING LAWS?

No surprise!

If he BROKE the law, you and the rest of the dems in congress would be HOWLING!

Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM

25,403 posts, read 9,673,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

No surprise!

Trump himself wanted the report made public a week or two ago. What happened? What law is being broken if Congress gets the report?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,498,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

No surprise!

I guess for those needing more remedial qualification, no. Not even if it "breaks existing laws," but like I also tried to explain, it seems what Trump and Barr are trying so hard to keep under wrap doesn't qualify as such...

And "if he BROKE the law," you wouldn't be "HOWLING?"

No surprise is right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies