U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:10 AM

5,130 posts, read 2,599,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Have you ever been to a drag show? They aren't about sexual stimulation. It's lip sync performances.
My theory on why straight people always think drag shows are about sexualizing the performer is because that's what straight guys do when they see girls singing and dancing. They superimpose how they secretly feel onto a subculture they don't understand. Every straight buddy of mine has made sexual comments about cheerleaders. So, naturally they'd think that we do the same to drag queens. Except WE DON'T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 11:12 AM

24,777 posts, read 9,650,976 times
Don't buy the shoes?

*shrug*

Old 05-08-2019, 11:13 AM

5,130 posts, read 2,599,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't. This particular incident, however, is.

Did you watch the video with the child and Michael Alig? You know, the 'club kid' who with a buddy smashed his drug dealer's head in with a hammer, shot him up with Drano, and left the body in his bathtub for a week?

Then they chopped up the body into bits, hailed a taxi and dumped it into the river?

Think these parents have the child's best interests at heart letting Michael Alig intrview their child while under a painting that CLEARLY has the word rohypnol on it? And let them dress the child up like a PANDA?

You know what all that means. Stop making excuses. This incident? Is what it appears to be.
Again, sorry I don't see anything sexualized about it. All I see are right-wingers trying to superimpose sex onto something that isn't. It's like saying look at that rock it is so sexy...

Old 05-08-2019, 11:17 AM

24,777 posts, read 9,650,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Again, sorry I don't see anything sexualized about it. All I see are right-wingers trying to superimpose sex onto something that isn't. It's like saying look at that rock it is so sexy...
Some people are sexually attracted to rocks.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:17 AM

3,798 posts, read 972,336 times
Opinion:

Sadly,...... half of those kids won't make it into adulthood.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:18 AM

7,578 posts, read 2,225,450 times
Quote:
You don't see any sexual connections:
between 2 older males interviewing a male child while seated underneath the word ROHYPNOL?
between 2 older males dressing a male child like a panda while seated underneath the word ROHYPNOL?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

Sadly,...... half of those kids won't make it into adulthood.
This child is in danger. But all around him people are cheering him on.

It's like watching a train headed for a cliff.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:23 AM

3,459 posts, read 938,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
What the parents are doing to that CHILD is child abuse. Converse is jumping on board with it and endorsing it. No child understands something like transgender mental illness at such a young age. He should be taken away from those "parents" of his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
an 11 year old dancing in drag for tips at a gay nightclub where alcohol is presumably being served at 3 a.m. is child abuse. do you disagree?
Believe me, that kid knows way more about transgender than you. I'm sure he's studied it beyond your comprehension. He has Autism. Einstein disease. If it were math I suppose you'd be saying the opposite.
Thankfully, he has parents like that and not someone like you who'd fight his Autism with your false sense of control.

An 11-year-old got an opportunity to perform in drag at a bar because that's where they perform. You act as if he was drinking. Do parents not drink around their children at home? Should they all go to jail? It's legal to drink alcohol in front of minors, you just can't give them a drink. So no, I don't agree. I think it was awesome they gave him a chance to feel good. As an Autistic he probably has way more moments of sadness dealing with people like you than he does "feel good" moments.

It doesn't look like he'll join the many Autistics we have that are homeless because he'll make plenty performing drag. A lot more than bagging groceries under the "handicapped" act at the grocery store.

Different strokes for different folks. Learn to appreciate the differences because it will make your life easier.

There are kids here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMG-KL2PXMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeTtIq1io3w

Old 05-08-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Believe me, that kid knows way more about transgender than you. I'm sure he's studied it beyond your comprehension. He has Autism. Einstein disease. If it were math I suppose you'd be saying the opposite.
Thankfully, he has parents like that and not someone like you who'd fight his Autism with your false sense of control.

An 11-year-old got an opportunity to perform in drag at a bar because that's where they perform. You act as if he was drinking. Do parents not drink around their children at home? Should they all go to jail? It's legal to drink alcohol in front of minors, you just can't give them a drink. So no, I don't agree. I think it was awesome they gave him a chance to feel good. As an Autistic he probably has way more moments of sadness dealing with people like you than he does "feel good" moments.

It doesn't look like he'll join the many Autistics we have that are homeless because he'll make plenty performing drag. A lot more than bagging groceries under the "handicapped" act at the grocery store.

Different strokes for different folks. Learn to appreciate the differences because it will make your life easier.
His parents?

Have no problem letting their child hang out with a man who murdered someone in cold blood. Bashed his head in with a hammer over drug money. Chopped up his body and took a taxi so he could dump the pieces in the river.

Oh? AND the guy -- Michael Alig -- interviewed the child under a painting that had ROHYPNOL painted on it.

But, yeah. These are STELLAR parents.

If this was any other kid? People would be screaming about it. But since the kid is TG? Anything goes, parents are PROFITING THE CRAP out of this child.

All I can do is SMH. People are BLIND as to reality. They truly see what they want to see.

No parent I know would EVER let their child near a murderer like that. No one.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:33 AM

26,624 posts, read 19,039,583 times
Quote:
My theory on why straight people always think drag shows are about sexualizing the performer is because that's what straight guys do when they see girls singing and dancing. They superimpose how they secretly feel onto a subculture they don't understand. Every straight buddy of mine has made sexual comments about cheerleaders. So, naturally they'd think that we do the same to drag queens. Except WE DON'T.
11-year-old cheerleaders? really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

There are kids here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMG-KL2PXMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeTtIq1io3w
he doesn't have to deal with 'people like me'. i'm an anonymous poster on the internet

if it were math he wouldn't be at a strip joint at 3 a.m.

i didn't say anything about him drinking. i'm sure the patrons were, though.

'false sense of control', my ass. this is an 11 year old we're talking about here, not a late teenager.

only a 'prude' could possibly find anything wrong with this situation...

https://i.ibb.co/bs5RppQ/queenl.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or