U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:18 PM
 
3,459 posts, read 943,578 times
Reputation: 1738

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fair enough, my mistake. when i think of performers having dollar bills tossed at them, i think 'strip joint.'



sheesh. no one is trying to 'control autism.' i know several autistics who are nothing remotely like this kid. but if they were 11 year olds wanting to perform at a bar at 3 a.m., someone would make sure that didn't happen [[the horror...]].



why on earth would you need a warning? i thought you said this was no big deal?
All Autistics have different interests, they aren't machines. Staying up until late isn't something an 11-year-old kid can't do once in a blue moon. A lot do it.

Your link had nudity with a child, nobody we're talking about on this thread was naked with this child.
I think you really just don't like the drag. I don't really think you care about a bar or staying up til 3 am. You just don't like that he's performing drag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
 
17,074 posts, read 8,665,324 times
Reputation: 9819
If you dont see a problem with a child dressed suggestively, dancing suggestively at 3am in an alchoholic environment, with drunk patrons throwing money at him, I cant take you serious ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:22 PM
 
17,074 posts, read 8,665,324 times
Reputation: 9819
Consider an 11 year old female dressed suggestively dancing promiscuously in front of a pack of hungry howling males at 3am in a bar, having money thrown at her... getting it yet?
Its one giant leap for pedophilia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,332 posts, read 10,464,266 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fair enough, my mistake. when i think of performers having dollar bills tossed at them, i think 'strip joint.'
Drag queens work for tips. The popular ones don't have time to go get the tips from everyone so the money is tossed onstage and collected after the performance. It has nothing to do with stripping, or sex, it is a performer in costume lip syncing to a song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,332 posts, read 10,464,266 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If you dont see a problem with a child dressed suggestively, dancing suggestively at 3am in an alchoholic environment, with drunk patrons throwing money at him, I cant take you serious ever.
Dressed suggestively? Pants, a crop top and sneakers is suggestive? Seriously? The kid is wearing more than kids in beauty pageants, or at the mall, and definitely is wearing more than just about any pop star on TV. 11 year old boys are out playing wearing shorts and no shirt, this boy is more covered up than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
4,348 posts, read 7,435,466 times
Reputation: 6785
I wonder if the people here defending this as just a kid expressing his autism and subsequent OCD and wonderful parents just letting him be who he wants to be would feel the same if this child's passion was instead preaching the Gospel to large groups of people?

Somehow I think we would be hearing a completely different tune. I think we would be hearing about how brainwashed the child is and how his parents should be thrown in jail for trying to push their beliefs on him, even if it was what the child wanted to do.

So incredibly twisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:38 PM
 
7,582 posts, read 2,239,283 times
Reputation: 9139
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Consider an 11 year old female dressed suggestively dancing promiscuously in front of a pack of hungry howling males at 3am in a bar, having money thrown at her... getting it yet?
Its one giant leap for pedophilia
And it's a double standard. Because parents of TG can do anything they want. As long as it supports and promotes TG.

If this was an 11 y old girl, the backlash would be off the charts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:55 PM
 
17,074 posts, read 8,665,324 times
Reputation: 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Dressed suggestively? Pants, a crop top and sneakers is suggestive? Seriously? The kid is wearing more than kids in beauty pageants, or at the mall, and definitely is wearing more than just about any pop star on TV. 11 year old boys are out playing wearing shorts and no shirt, this boy is more covered up than they are.
Were you at the performance?

Quote:
On December 1, an 11-year-old boy dressed in drag danced on stage in a sexual manner at a gay bar in Brooklyn, NY, called 3 Dollar Bill. The child, Desmond Napoles, was dressed as a Gwen Stefani-lookalike — full drag make up, a blonde wig, and crop top included — as he bounced around onstage to No Doubt’s “Like a Girl” and collected dollar bills from male adults viewing the number.
Its just wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 01:00 PM
 
4,615 posts, read 906,661 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Consider an 11 year old female dressed suggestively dancing promiscuously in front of a pack of hungry howling males at 3am in a bar, having money thrown at her... getting it yet?
Its one giant leap for pedophilia
Ephebophilia=15-19
Hebephilia=11-14
Pedophilia=10 and under
Sometimes, there is some overlap between hebe and pedo (some laws define cap 13 for the definition of pedophilia).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 01:04 PM
 
3,459 posts, read 943,578 times
Reputation: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I wonder if the people here defending this as just a kid expressing his autism and subsequent OCD and wonderful parents just letting him be who he wants to be would feel the same if this child's passion was instead preaching the Gospel to large groups of people?

Somehow I think we would be hearing a completely different tune. I think we would be hearing about how brainwashed the child is and how his parents should be thrown in jail for trying to push their beliefs on him, even if it was what the child wanted to do.

So incredibly twisted.
Well, I'm sure you would. Just as you'd hear someone say, which I have, that it's abusive when they're obsessed with math. "Just let the poor kid play like the rest of the kids", "that's abusive, making him do math all the time." They just assume parents have some way to control these kids thoughts and behaviors. If only. lol

My Grandmother got me a basketball set for the holidays because she was sure my parents were just abusive and I never got play time. What she failed to realize that math was my playtime. It was all the time. I loved math. I woke up and did the math, I was doing something math related as I fell asleep. I hated basketball, I hated sports accept the stats, I loved the stats. I'm sure it drove my parents nuts as they liked sports.

There are plenty of Autistic kids into church-related things and they take it too the limit. Their parents really should just be supportive if it isn't hurting anybody. They'll outgrow it or make it a career. They'll find a way, regardless of what the parents do but at least they'll have some emotional and social support from the community if the parents are cool with it.

Last edited by Tokinouta; 05-08-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top