U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:33 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,791 posts, read 1,974,557 times
Reputation: 3428

Advertisements

This is hilariously stupid. SNAP person buys soda and junk and they get criticized for wasting their benefits on food with low nutritional value. SNAP person buys lobster and steak and they get criticized for using their benefits on things that have too high cost.

Damned if u do

Damned if u don't

This is just another way of bullying poor folks.

Trumpers are in here jumping for joy because they assume this will only affect blacks and latinos...nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,085 posts, read 13,614,329 times
Reputation: 22147
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly, which is why women in that income range have a LOWER obesity rate than women with less income.

Can you NOT read the CDC's info or chart? Your post on this is like your insistence that 2010 was 12 years ago.
Just stop. The group with income between 130 percent and 350 percent of poverty level had a 2% higher rate of obesity than the group with incomes below 130% of the poverty level. It is only that group with income OVER 350% that had a significantly lower rate of obesity, and even that was pretty damned disgusting @ 31%, especially given that people how earn over 350% have a higher educational achievement level than the other two groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:39 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,846 posts, read 9,671,662 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
This is hilariously stupid. SNAP person buys soda and junk and they get criticized for wasting their benefits on food with low nutritional value. SNAP person buys lobster and steak and they get criticized for using their benefits on things that have too high cost.

Damned if u do

Damned if u don't

This is just another way of bullying poor folks.

Trumpers are in here jumping for joy because they assume this will only affect blacks and latinos...nope.
Voluntarily receiving ill-gotten booty from an armed robbery makes one a victim of bullying?

Somewhere a public school is proud of your assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:42 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,846 posts, read 9,671,662 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Just stop. The group with income between 130 percent and 350 percent of poverty level had a 2% higher rate of obesity than the group with incomes below 130% of the poverty level. It is only that group with income OVER 350% that had a significantly lower rate of obesity, and even that was pretty damned disgusting @ 31%, especially given that people how earn over 350% have a higher educational achievement level than the other two groups.
These numbers are impressive. Social engineers throughout history (Mao, Hitler, Trump, Obama etc) would be quite proud of this charade solution to an imaginary problem at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:42 PM
 
66,529 posts, read 30,350,225 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Geezus what does that have to do with what I said? In 2016 39% of adults in the US were obese, that number is going up every year, there is no way that anyone would consider 39% of all adults to be poor.
Seriously? 45% of US 1040 filers pay NO federal income tax whatsoever. And 27% of all US 1040 filers have a zero sum federal income tax AND payroll tax obligation, with many of them getting additional income paid by the federal government (ACTUAL US taxpayers) in the form of refundable tax credits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:45 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,791 posts, read 1,974,557 times
Reputation: 3428
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Voluntarily receiving ill-gotten booty from an armed robbery makes one a victim of bullying?

Somewhere a public school is proud of your assessment.
Imagine calling food stamps armed robbery.

I can guarantee you have zero issue with Trumps weekly golf trips that almost cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:45 PM
 
66,529 posts, read 30,350,225 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Just stop. The group with income between 130 percent and 350 percent of poverty level had a 2% higher rate of obesity than the group with incomes below 130% of the poverty level. It is only that group with income OVER 350% that had a significantly lower rate of obesity, and even that was pretty damned disgusting @ 31%, especially given that people how earn over 350% have a higher educational achievement level than the other two groups.
Women? Look again. You apparently CAN'T read charts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:46 PM
 
66,529 posts, read 30,350,225 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Voluntarily receiving ill-gotten booty from an armed robbery makes one a victim of bullying?

Somewhere a public school is proud of your assessment.
Sadly, too true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:50 PM
 
66,529 posts, read 30,350,225 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Imagine calling food stamps armed robbery.
Tell me what happens if you don't pay the federal income tax you owe? Al Capone, Wesley Snipes, Lauryn Hill, Nicolas Cage, etc., know. Prison, bank account draining, direct confiscation of assets, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 02:54 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,846 posts, read 9,671,662 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Imagine calling food stamps armed robbery.

I can guarantee you have zero issue with Trumps weekly golf trips that almost cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.
In the words of Biff Tannen..."You thought wrong, dude".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top