U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:01 AM

2,982 posts, read 859,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That chart is for Key West Florida, not the globe...I'm not surprised that you aren't aware of the difference.
The conversation was about Miami, Fl...not the globe...I'm not surprised you don't know the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you live near the shore in Miami you might care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 08:09 AM

2,513 posts, read 538,620 times
Wasn't the coast supposed to be under 12 feet of water by now? Isn't that what Algore said?

Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 AM

21,624 posts, read 14,401,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Wasn't the coast supposed to be under 12 feet of water by now? Isn't that what Algore said?
These threads expose the startling level of scientific illiteracy.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:53 AM

32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The global warming scam is the government's claim they can reverse it by raising taxes.

and loading up on regulations, dont forget the regulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see the market place changing this on their own certainly with cheap energy with gas at over $2 per gallon. If you live near the shore in Miami you might care but I doubt those living in Denver care although they will be footing the bill,

who drives the marketplace? the consumer. if the consumer demands green products and green energy, then you can bet that business will fill the demand, it sin their best interest to do so.

Quote:
We should have been changing decades ago so it could be done gradually but here we are with some still arguing that its not a problem. The growing economies of China are a problem but if for nothing else they can see the downside of their actions purely based on air pollution and shortened life expectancy.

i agree, we have put off for too long converting to alternative sources of energy. at least at the high levels, backyard mechanics have done many conversions to alternate fuels and other forms of energy. some of us even make our own fuels, or can make our own fuels if necessary, and we can tune our vehicles to handle these fuels.

but once again its the marketplace that drives business, and since the consumer isnt pushing for alternative energy, and alternative fuels, business isnt going to jump in feet first until they have reason to.

lets take ethanol for instance, its renewable, and can easily be used in most any internal combustion engine, diesel engines excepted but engine builders still experiment using alcohol in diesel engines, with a few simple changes and a proper tune. in fact with modern EFI systems, there should be no reason that one cant run everything from straight gasoline to straight alcohol and everything in between with a proper fuel sensor.

the drawbacks is less energy per gallon in ethanol than in gasoline, meaning lower fuel economy, and alcohol acts as a solvent, so a few changes need to be made to the fuel system to avoid issues. but these changes are already known, and since the introduction of E10 gasoline, have been done over the years.

so understand that with every different fuel source, there are supporters and detractors, and all to often the detractors scream the loudest, and as such the alternative fuel in question is pushed aside in the market place and left t guys like me that want to use these fuels to power our vehicles to come up with conversions to make them work.

and by the way it isnt the oil companies pushing these issues, its more often the so called environmentalists doing it. the oil companies have been developing alternative fuels over the years, but because there is no real market demand for them, they dont push them that hard.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:56 AM

32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

actually that is true, it exposes the scientific illiteracy of the AGW alarmists like al gore and AOC constantly pushing stupid positions and making claims that are nowhere near being anything even remotely close to the truth.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:00 AM

2,513 posts, read 538,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I didn't say I believed Algore...I was laughing at his claim!

Old 05-10-2019, 09:12 AM

24,123 posts, read 11,990,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Thatís true for cigarettes too. Everyone knows that cigarettes are harmless. Unfortunately, liberal scientists pushed the myth that cigarettes were harmful.

And dope is harmless but liberals ignore scientific evidence that shows otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies