U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 04:49 PM

9,254 posts, read 6,185,434 times
https://www.meforum.org/58405/colleg...eid=c4daadbb14

Quote:
Students at Emory University awoke last month to find flyers posted in their dorm rooms informing them they would be evicted in the coming days. Intended to intimidate Jewish students on college campuses, these mock eviction notices are a common tactic of Students for Justice in Palestine, an antisemitic group with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

What distinguished this year's annual week of harassment of Jewish students on Emory's campus from other SJP events was that the eviction notices were officially sanctioned by the Emory Office of Campus Life, replete with a stamp of approval indicating that a faculty member or administrator had approved of the notice.
It's getting worse. There was a report in the news last night about the sharp decline in Jewish students at Ivy League schools because of policy changes and harassment!

And here is more: The Vanishing Ivy League Jew

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...ivy-league-jew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 05:31 PM

3,199 posts, read 1,095,115 times
Anti-Semites are terrible people.

I'd hate to see how they'll react if America elected a Jewish president in 2020.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:49 PM

12,560 posts, read 4,743,906 times
To some degree the problem is automatic with the existence of a Jewish state. In the general western democratic view and the underlying structure of the US the state and government is inherently secular. But Israel requires that the state be religious. It may tolerate other creeds but, in the view of the state, they are inferior to the Jews.

And in order to maintain the Jewish State the state takes actions designed to prevent any erosion of the superiority of the Jew.

If the western natlions wished to have a Jewish home land it would clearly have been better to establish a reservation in Europe with those displaced by the Jews given equivalent resources elsewhere in Europe. But that is not what was done. Instead the Europeans gave the Jews a reservation taken from the Middle Eastern Arabs...and the Europeans did not properly buy off those who were deprived of their resources.

It would be nice if the rest of the world stepped up and bought off the deprived arabs. It is quite clear the Jews of Israel will capably defend themselves...the world's smallest atomic power.

But we need to keep in mind that the religious state is a non democratic institution. And perhaps we and the rest of the western democracies should fix what we have created. There will likely never be a good solution but simply always coming down on the Israeli side is not our proper role.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:41 PM

9,489 posts, read 4,843,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
To some degree the problem is automatic with the existence of a Jewish state. In the general western democratic view and the underlying structure of the US the state and government is inherently secular. But Israel requires that the state be religious. It may tolerate other creeds but, in the view of the state, they are inferior to the Jews.

And in order to maintain the Jewish State the state takes actions designed to prevent any erosion of the superiority of the Jew.
[snipped the remainder of the anti-West/Israel diatribe.]
Never let an opportunity to wish for the eradication of Israel go to waste, can you

With 20 or so nations with Islam as the official state religion and 20+ more with Islam as the de-facto state religion, you claim it's the one Jewish state that considers other people [non-Jews] as inferior.

As for the notice itself, I'm fine as long as the school would permit notices re the killing of Palestinians by Hamas and atrocities committed by Muslims. imo, neither is helpful to anyone, but free speech has to work both ways.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:49 PM

10,765 posts, read 10,122,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Never let an opportunity to wish for the eradication of Israel go to waste, can you

With 20 or so nations with Islam as the official state religion and 20+ more with Islam as the de-facto state religion, you claim it's the one Jewish state that considers other people [non-Jews] as inferior.

As for the notice itself, I'm fine as long as the school would permit notices re the killing of Palestinians by Hamas and atrocities committed by Muslims. imo, neither is helpful to anyone, but free speech has to work both ways.
I’m no lawyer, but I dont think this would be considered protected speech. They hung the flyers on students doors. It is intimidation and harassment.

Can you imagine if they hung eviction notices on the doors of black people, saying that they are evicted because they are black?

Old 05-09-2019, 06:52 PM

12,560 posts, read 4,743,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

The standard response of those who do not have a good argument is to edit the item responded to. I will be glad to discuss this at length but only after you restore the edited portion.

Classical bigot behavior. Cannot deal with truth so they edit it.

I would also note that your view that I may agree with the Muslim religious states simply testifies to your ignorance. I think they are far more repulsive than Israel. Unfortunately though for the same reason Israel is bad. Just a much worse degree.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:23 PM

27,179 posts, read 17,504,476 times
...and why aren't those thugs being investigated and prosecuted for hate crimes?

Old 05-09-2019, 11:30 PM

1,069 posts, read 375,962 times
The students and selected posters on this forum aren't anti-semites, they are just anti-zionists.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:22 AM

10,561 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It's getting worse. There was a report in the news last night about the sharp decline in Jewish students at Ivy League schools because of policy changes and harassment!

And here is more: The Vanishing Ivy League Jew

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...ivy-league-jew
And by "vanishing" they mean not quite as wildly overrepresented as in the past.

I did learn one thing from the article:
Quote:
In 1925, Jewish students were over 25 percent of Harvard.
1925?! I had no idea Jewish domination of that institution went back so far.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:44 AM

10,765 posts, read 10,122,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The students and selected posters on this forum aren't anti-semites, they are just anti-zionists.
If you are targeting Jewish students for intimidation, it is anti semitism. I would bet most of those students have never even been to Israel.

As I said, try putting eviction notices on the doors of random black students. It is the same thing.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 05-10-2019 at 04:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or