Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times

Advertisements

A mom goes to her kid's psychologist crying.

"My kid colors all over the walls and over the furniture and over the appliances. There's hardly any surface in our house he hasn't marked up. My car is completely colored over.

I've tried everything! Mental health and depression counselling, suicide prevention and anger management classes, putting him on meds, taking him off meds - nothing seems to work.

I've even considered taking away his crayons!"

"Oh, you can't do that," the Dr. declared.

"Why can't I?" asked the incredulous and exasperated mother.

"Kid's got the right to color."

Last edited by Corvette Ministries; 05-11-2019 at 06:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 01:04 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
It's a metaphor for Red Flag Laws.

No children were harmed in the making of this analogy.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:23 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post

"My kid colors all over the walls and over the furniture and over the appliances. There's hardly any surface in our house he hasn't marked up. My car is completely colored over.

I've tried everything! Mental health and depression counselling, suicide prevention and anger management classes, putting him on meds, taking him off meds - nothing seems to work.
TRANSLATION: I've never tried what has worked for centuries: Spank him the instant I caught him, while telling him why he's being spanked.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:28 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Public Education Bad...................Homeschooling Good.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:30 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:

One of the worst jokes I've heard. Punch line was DOA.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I've never tried what has worked for centuries: Spank him the instant I caught him, while telling him why he's being spanked.
Or, yanno, just buy the kid an easel and an art set?

Old 05-11-2019, 02:34 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
I read all I needed to when it said "the mom goes to her kid's psychologist." Not everything is a mental disorder.

To be quite blunt, many children are just plain ol' BeBe's Kids and need to be disciplined accordingly. If your kid won't listen to you when you tell them not to destroy hard-earned property you paid for, and if you won't take away the stuff they're using to destroy your property, you've failed as a parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies