Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

I was happy to see the good guys get the majority of coverage. Hopeful that will be the new trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 11:25 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Something tells me you and the other two limit your source for information and I hate to tell you but it doesn't add up.

Yes the media is not glorifying these shooters by making them the star of the story.

The students that attacked the shooter, the survivors are the focus.

Sad that you and your sources feel the need to focus on some right leaning bias that serves your political bias. Very sad.
The fact that leftist gun grabbing enemies of our nation even exist is what is sad. The enemy should not be taken seriously nor should he be tolerated. I live that those students walked out on the enemies efforts to capitalize upon the shooting. The boys who stopped them are the heroes and those students who interrupted the leftists efforts to capitalize upon it are real Americans. This all gives me a sliver of hope for our youth. Maybe this post millennial generation will produce a few Americans after all.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Let's see...maybe because:

Both are lefties
One was a F2M trans

No AR
Guns stolen from locked cabinet
One's father was an illegal immigrant twice deported domestic abuser and felon
Toxic masculinity helped stop them
The students walked out of an event by two Demwit politicians when they started spewing anti-gun crap.
Lefties?

The bio father of the minor who identifies as a male, has a history of drug and alcohol abuse as well as domestic violence. Nonetheless, the minor’s mother had three children by him and married him. He was deported. The minor had expressed missing her father on social media.

The 18 year old shooter was a known bully who had a history of spooking kids with claims the school would go down like Columbine.

Both broke into the gun cabinet of the older boy’s parents and took pistols.

The vigil was organized by Team Enough, a National student led initiative supported by the Brady Campaign.

The organizer and affiliation with Brady were disclosed on the flyers and social media, promoting the event.

Two politicians chose to try and make it political. It did not go over well.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Shooters should be ignored. They seek glory and fame.
If only.....

The public has in insatiable demand for information. Names, the race, ethnicity, religion, political ideology, family history, medical history and more seem to be important to a lot of people as they seek validation of their own perceptions.

Social media typically identifies and misidentifies suspects, before LE discloses.

Conspiracy theories spread like wildfire before the bodies have been removed.

People blame guns, mental health, parents, schools, medications and more. Seems like that’s easier than holding the shooters responsible for their actions.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:56 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
One of them is a minor and they own't release his name.

I'm surprises you haven't seen it . Checked CNN updated their story this morning at 8:00 AM...and ABC News has a story from yesterday talking about the older shooter and showing his picture.

But yes some of the MSM anchors/hosts have vowed not to say their names -- minor or not.

There is a trend to minimize the coverage of the shooters to not give them the attention they may have been seeking.
One is transgender and one is the son of a mutli-deported Illegal Alien, who is a Felon.
Not only that - the parents and kids threw the Leftist Gun Grabbers & Politians out of their school.

None of the Colorado Shooting fits the Leftist Media Agenda & Narrative.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:00 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
One is transgender and one is the son of a mutli-deported Illegal Alien, who is a Felon.
Not only that - the parents and kids threw the Leftist Gun Grabbers & Politians out of their school.

None of the Colorado Shooting fits the Leftist Media Agenda & Narrative.
On the flip side, are you suggesting that we cover the school shooters, because it would fit the Rightist Media Agenda & Narrative? Because that's equally as problematic.

I think it's a conscious decision after the New Zealand mosque shootings to prevent copycat incidents. We didn't really hear about the UNC Charlotte shooter either. And I'd much rather hear about heroes like Kendrick Castillo and Riley Howell than those that do evil.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:03 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
In a mass shooting, the more people that the shooter killed during the event is one factor might increase the media coverage. Also, since we have been getting so many mass shootings the last few years, sometimes a few happening with days from each other, we might be cases of news agencies getting worn out of telling so many stories about mass shootings.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
On the flip side, are you suggesting that we cover the school shooters, because it would fit the Rightist Media Agenda & Narrative? Because that's equally as problematic.

I think it's a conscious decision after the New Zealand mosque shootings to prevent copycat incidents. We didn't really hear about the UNC Charlotte shooter either. And I'd much rather hear about heroes like Kendrick Castillo and Riley Howell than those that do evil.
I agree - we haven't heard a lot about those shooters and I think that's the way the media should handle this.

These mass shooters crave attention and fame for their evil deeds.

We absolutely should not give it to them.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
This is sort of an 'American' thing imo, they have 'memorabilia' from criminals of the past, like Bonnie and Clyde, and others, where their material possessions are in museums and people desire to buy things related to the cases, I have no doubt in the future, people will probably be doing the same thing with these mass shooters, they will be buying and selling things they owned or used, etc, just like is done today with criminals of the past who were extremely violent.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies