Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 09:18 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
What is it that you don’t like about her statement? That Palestinians gave sanctuary to Jews during WW II?
That is a complete LIE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 09:35 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
That is a complete LIE!
In this era when all the human knowledge is 3 clicks away, how people can lie like that and expect to get away?
Just unbelievable.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:48 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
There’s another representative from Michigan of Palestinian descent - Justin Amash. He’s never made the sort of public comments that Tlaib has.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:03 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
The Jewish illegal immigration was about 10% of the legal one. The Brits caught most of the illegals and sent them to camps in Cyprus.
The Arabs were offered a state along with Israel, but they wanted all the land to themselves, and lost. "Palestine" was never an Arab state and the struggle for Jewish state there was a fair game.
All quite true, and lost in the anti-Semitic garbage. They lost four wars and want a mulligan.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:09 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Default Celebration of the Holocaust? Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
AND, two days later, the editor of JTA published a retraction of that ^^ previous statement and admitted they got sucked into the Republican distortion of her words.
Read: What did Rashida Tlaib say about the Holocaust? It’s probably not what you think | JTA

Personally, I don't like Tlaib either. But false claims of antisemitism are just as bad as antisemitism and neither are acceptable.
Here's the verbatim quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashida Tlaib
Absolutely. Let me tell you — I mean, for me, I think two weeks ago we celebrated, or took a moment I think in our country to remember, the Holocaust. And there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust in the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways had been wiped out, and some people’s passports — I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right?, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them.
The bolded words are discordant at best, horrific at worst. One does not "celebrate" the Holocaust - ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The actual context of Tlaib's revisionist diatribe was the "one-state solution" and how wonderful it would be for the Jews.
That would result in another slaughter, but with death by rape, bludgeoning, stabbing and shooting to some extent supplanting the cold, clinical efficiency of the gas chambers.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
There’s another representative from Michigan of Palestinian descent - Justin Amash. He’s never made the sort of public comments that Tlaib has.
It's possible he's NOT an anti-Semite. So vote out the ones who are.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D54cK_lW4AAdwFL.jpg

Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Here's the verbatim quote:
The bolded words are discordant at best, horrific at worst. One does not "celebrate" the Holocaust - ever.That would result in another slaughter, but with death by rape, bludgeoning, stabbing and shooting to some extent supplanting the cold, clinical efficiency of the gas chambers.
Wow, did she actually say "celebrate"?

Freudian slip.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wow, did she actually say "celebrate"?

Freudian slip.
She was wrong but not a terrible error. She was using it in terms of a holiday celebrating something. Bad usage for the Holocaust which is a day of remembrance rather than celebration.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:23 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Today's Democrat Party for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies