Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 01:50 PM

45,317 posts, read 26,871,946 times

Advertisements

There were claims that the freedom of the press would be compromised during the Trump Administration.

They were right.

Liberal fascism on display...

San Francisco police raid home of journalist to find who leaked Adachi report

Police raided the home and office of a freelance journalist Friday morning as part of an ongoing investigation into a leaked confidential police report containing salacious details about the death of late Public Defender Jeff Adachi.

Freelance journalist Bryan Carmody told the San Francisco Examiner that his home and office were raided by police and FBI agents because he had obtained a copy of the police report, and sold information from that report to the press following Adachi’s death on February 22.

They confiscated his cell phones, computers and a copy of the police report from within his office safe.

Carmody said that police and FBI agents attempted to enter his home at 8:30 a.m. using “a sledgehammer.”

“They were in the process of breaking my gate down at which time I woke up and let them in,” said Carmody, adding that the authorities entered his home with guns drawn and searched “my entire house from attic to garage.”

Carmody said that he was detained in handcuffs for more than seven hours and asked to be released several times, but that authorities refused his request. He said he remained in handcuffs as police brought him along with them to his Western Addition office, where they found the police report in a safe.

I may have to dig into who this guy was and what happened. Anyone know offhand? Add links please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 01:51 PM

16,950 posts, read 12,503,876 times
Too early to tell but following.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:10 PM

So here's the deal...

When a reporter would not betray his source, police came to his home with guns and a sledgehammer

Initial reports said the 59-year-old public defender had been traveling when he suddenly had a heart attack.

Carmody remembers his goal as a reporter on the story was to figure out where exactly Adachi died. But soon, salacious details emerged that were difficult to confirm. “There were leaks happening all over the place,” he recalled. He ultimately obtained an incident report that detailed Adachi’s final moments.

The document, as reported by KGO-TV in San Francisco, detailed that shortly before his death, Adachi had dinner with a woman named “Caterina” who was not his wife, then returned to an apartment he arranged to use for the weekend. The woman called 911 for emergency medical help, and Adachi was taken to the hospital, where he died. Later that night, officers went to the apartment and found “alcohol, cannabis-infused gummies and syringes believed to have been used by the paramedics,” the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Photos of the apartment circulated online by KTVU and other outlets. The city medical examiner would later conclude Adachi died of an accidental overdose of cocaine and alcohol.

Amid a public mourning, city officials chastised police for allowing the details of a confidential report to end up in the headlines. The police launched an internal investigation into the report’s leaking, which led to Friday’s raid at Carmody’s home.

Apprently they did not want the truth out that he was cheating on his wife and overdosed on cocaine and alcohol.

How dare they allow the truth to get out...

Old 05-13-2019, 02:14 PM

15,696 posts, read 9,435,531 times
I don't know what if anything this has to do with Trump, but it is disturbing. It's not a new trend unfortunately. Hopefully the folks behind the raid get what is coming to them

Old 05-13-2019, 02:17 PM

5,214 posts, read 2,975,632 times
Question, how does President Trump have anything to do with this?

Old 05-13-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't know what if anything this has to do with Trump, but it is disturbing. It's not a new trend eventually. Hopefully the folks behind the raid get what is coming to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Question, how does President Trump have anything to do with this?
Re Trump... Just my sarcasm in ANOTHER example of liberals doing in real life what they accuse others of doing. In this case, they claim on occasion that Trump threatens the freedom of the press.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,886,729 times
Seems to me some law here would have been broken by the journalist. Knowingly receiving then possession of stolen property then selling and distribution of stolen property. A double edged sword also, by not naming sources you by default become the source, or source one.

I mean if one knowingly receives a stolen gun, then sells said gun...felony.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Seems to me some law here would have been broken by the journalist. Knowingly receiving then possession of stolen property then selling and distribution of stolen property. A double edged sword also, by not naming sources you by default become the source, or source one.

I mean if one knowingly receives a stolen gun, then sells said gun...felony.
Who said he stole something? He's a freelance reporter and someone gave him the report. The second link above also stated the the SF Chronicle had obtained the report - but not from this reporter.

If anybody stole anything, it was the police.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:32 PM

40,929 posts, read 48,922,470 times
But the NYT and Wash PO can Publish Secret Leaked (stolen) Govt FBI Information or Private Tax records (stolen) of a US Citizen and it's all OK ?

Old 05-13-2019, 02:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times
Apparently the US Constitution is suspended in San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies