Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 12:28 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
It’ll be nice some day not to reference states as blue and red. Talk about tribalism. Such are the times.
America has been very tribalist from day one. Whether or not this changes, I'm not confident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 12:29 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's too bad you don't understand, but I suppose your garden variety conservative wouldn't understand why blue states are better.

Governments in blue states, and people in blue states, tend to value things more that will help make their state (and their own personal well-being) better. For example, because they value education more, they achieve higher educational levels and spend more money on education. They tend to value good health more (such as smoking less and being less obese) so they achieve higher health scores and spend more money on health. They value technological innovation more and resource extraction less, so, since technological innovation creates more wealth than resource extraction, they will be wealthier and have healthier economies. There's a good reason why most technological innovation in the US happens in blue areas.

It's unfortunate I have to actually explain that, but I suppose such concepts are over some people's heads.
Typical liberal "I'm better than you" attitude.

Nobody can ask you a question without being stupid. I just wanted to know where you are coming from.

You need lists from supposed "experts" to validate yourself so you can claim superiority. Whatever makes you feel good. Meanwhile - people from blue states are fleeing and moving down here.

Do you know what's missing in your list of values above? Freedom. Reasonable levels of government. So we may allow people smoke and eat more than they should, and we make a living drilling for energy resources. So what? We are OK with it.

You do what you do... we do what we do... work together and make the country better.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:35 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Typical liberal "I'm better than you" attitude.
I figured you would say something like that.

When somebody is being obtuse or otherwise playing dumb, then yes, I'm going to reply condescendingly. You reap what you sow when you converse with me.

Quote:

Do you know what's missing in your list of values above? Freedom. Reasonable levels of government. So we may allow people smoke and eat more than they should, and we make a living drilling for energy resources. So what? We are OK with it.
Yes, you have the freedom to lead an unhealthy and uneducated life if you want. But as I just said above, you reap what you sow.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:43 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
It's too bad you don't understand, but I suppose your garden variety conservative wouldn't understand why blue states are better.

Governments in blue states, and people in blue states, tend to value things more that will help make their state (and their own personal well-being) better. For example, because they value education more, they achieve higher educational levels and spend more money on education. They tend to value good health more (such as smoking less and being less obese) so they achieve higher health scores and spend more money on health. They value technological innovation more and resource extraction less, so, since technological innovation creates more wealth than resource extraction, they will be wealthier and have healthier economies. There's a good reason why most technological innovation in the US happens in blue areas.

It's unfortunate I have to actually explain that, but I suppose such concepts are over some people's heads.
With the exception of Massachusetts, Vermont, Washington and New Hampshire (which is only blue because it is becoming a Boston suburb), all those states lean conservative.

Of course I don't expect a reply from you because you won't be able to type a stutter.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247016/....S.%2520States

Old 05-14-2019, 12:46 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:49 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Desireability is in the eyes of the beholder. Its very subjective. Lots of folks I know would never consider living in Wa. MA. NY. CA. Most of the dont even want to travel there.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:54 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
With the exception of Massachusetts, Vermont, Washington and New Hampshire (which is only blue because it is becoming a Boston suburb), all those states lean conservative.

Of course I don't expect a reply from you because you won't be able to type a stutter.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247016/....S.%2520States
Did you even look at your own link?

No you didn't.

From your link, here are the colors on your map of my list below:

1. Washington - dark blue
2. New Hampshire - dark blue

3. Minnesota - average
4. Utah - dark red
5. Vermont - dark blue
6. Maryland - light blue
7. Virginia - average
8. Massachusetts - dark blue
9. Nebraska - average
10. Colorado - average

In your own list there is only ONE conservative state!!! (Utah). Heck, even Nebraska is average.

I don't know WHAT you were looking at, but it sure wasn't your own link.

Quote:
The list, color-coded politically:

1. Washington
2. New Hampshire
3. Minnesota

4. Utah
5. Vermont
6. Maryland
7. Virginia
8. Massachusetts

9. Nebraska
10. Colorado

Old 05-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
apparently you dont have enough diversity in those dark blue states

Old 05-14-2019, 01:02 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Did you even look at your own link?

No you didn't.

From your link, here are the colors on your map of my list below:

1. Washington - dark blue
2. New Hampshire - dark blue

3. Minnesota - average
4. Utah - dark red
5. Vermont - dark blue
6. Maryland - light blue
7. Virginia - average
8. Massachusetts - dark blue
9. Nebraska - average
10. Colorado - average

In your own list there is only ONE conservative state!!! (Utah). Heck, even Nebraska is average.

I don't know WHAT you were looking at, but it sure wasn't your own link.
Scroll down for the numbers.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:03 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Minnesota 3 for natural environment and Alaska 45th? how does that make sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies