U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:23 PM

18,034 posts, read 11,044,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I appreciate jews got a raw deal, to put it mildly. I'm not so sure I appreciate why the U.S. has to be the teet they suckle from for all eternity.
That's my point. Give me 4 BILLION dollars a year, I'll be pals too. Somehow we are in the role of bankrolling an entire country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Status: "We will fight for self determination" (set 8 days ago)

623 posts, read 121,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Because its government is inherently racist against non Jews,they commit genocide,apartheid and war crimes on a daily basis. If NO other race is allowed a nation of their own why are Jews?

Old 05-14-2019, 07:05 PM

45,587 posts, read 33,860,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I support Israel. However, I don't believe Jesus is returning to Jerusalem and I don't believe that the U.S. has any business in whether the temple mount has the Dome of the Rock or a Third Jewish Temple. Predictions and interpretations of the Book of Revelation have no place in our foreign policy. Treat Israel like any other ally. Many evangelical conservatives are more loyal to Israel than the U.S. sometimes.
Many evangelicals are more loyal to Israel than Jewish people.

I welcome all the people of Israel to relocate to the US. It would likely improve the gene pool.

Last one out, throw in a match.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:17 PM

21,344 posts, read 23,981,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The United States gave $38 BILLION to Israel, almost 4 Billion a year, and Israel's response? They want more. So Trump added another 200 million to Israel in his budget. It's never enough. At the same time, Trump has ended any and all foreign aid to Palestinians. Zero.

There is no middle ground, it's completely one-sided, billions and billions and billions to Israel with millions in increases on top of the billions, and absolutely zero to Palestinians. Do I hate Israel? No, I have no strong opinions about Israel either way. But the way the U.S. is treating Israel is so insanely one-sided, that I would not be surprised if this all turns out badly.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GB2NQ

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrae...-200m-in-2019/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

The U.S. doesn't just support Israel. It feels like the U.S. literally supports Israel.
The funding Israel gets is not aid. If you look up the USAID budget Israel is not listed. The funds Israel gets are part of a Treaty that the US penned itself part of. That Treaty also includes Jordan & Egypt who also gets Billions of dollars (if you would had read your own links it was also listed that they do) each year. That Treaty included numerous trade offs between four nations. Israel had to give back the Sinai to Egypt, got stuck with citizens of Egypt and Jordanians (forget the part after the Armistice of 1949 the West Bank & the Gaza Strip were annexed by them?) in which it's a major headache now for those citizens to cross into those countries for whatever reasons. Those crossing are controlled by those nations and not Israel. Those people as they are called are your Palestinians who named themselves after the Mandate. Nearly all the funds are spent in the US in the military sector to purchase inflated priced armaments, it also pays for two listening sites in Israel, it also pays for a US armament storage site in Israel and it also covers the payroll to protect those sites and the US Embassy. The US doesn't pay for Israel's military budget as it works out to around 25% of Israel's yearly budget. The part of the Israeli budget that is from US funds is used for defensive use only within Israel and the only place it's been used outside of Israel has been Syria. Need an an example? The Iron Dome system is paid for by Israeli citizens, yet the missiles it uses are manufactured in the US at a cost of $50k each. I think you can do the math how much Israel has to spend to replenish their inventory to respond to those 700 rockets that were fired out of the Gaza Strip just a few days ago. As to sending funds to the Palestinians, it's pretty easy to show it wasn't going to the everyday citizens as humanitarian funding. It's going to the pockets of their leaders and their inner circle which works out to around to 10% of their population. No matter what the US intended for the funds to go to, it never got there. How else does it explain Arafat dying a Billionaire and his wife getting $22 Million per year as his widow, Million dollar mansions, high end cars, a private jet, etc.

A little video for you to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=7ttjyGrcz8Y

I AM a US firster as I and both my sons are US Marines and we do support the "existence" of Israel.

When the Palestinians create their own economies, stop being welfare states, stop supplying weapons to the terrorists in Egypt and stop these weekly attacks on the civilians of Israel; I'll support their existence as a country.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 PM

1,679 posts, read 575,936 times
Because Israel isn't worth the trouble to the US. It's a one-sided alliance, where we give more than we get.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:25 PM

21,344 posts, read 23,981,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Supports the U.S.? We send Israel tens of billions of dollars. We buy that support at top dollar. And they have universal healthcare while we do not.
Israeli's pay for it through payroll deductions and has no income cutoff to stop the deductions. The US has FICA which also is paid for through payroll deductions, but it has a income cutoff at $132,900. Get rid of the cutoff in the US then we'll see how much closer we'd get to universal healthcare.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:34 PM

49,965 posts, read 26,499,057 times
I donít support Israel because it ainít my country.

I only support one nation: the United States of America. I like other nations, but I support none but my own.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM

4,598 posts, read 2,263,439 times
America First.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM

18,671 posts, read 6,728,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Israeli's pay for it through payroll deductions and has no income cutoff to stop the deductions. The US has FICA which also is paid for through payroll deductions, but it has a income cutoff at $132,900. Get rid of the cutoff in the US then we'll see how much closer we'd get to universal healthcare.
I've always argued the CAP on FICA contributions should be abolished

Old 05-14-2019, 11:17 PM

11,818 posts, read 15,432,391 times
Israel gets more support than US citizens in Puerto Rico after a devastating hurricane.

Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or