Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 01:27 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Israel is an aggressive country that has become the bully of the middle east thanks to US support.

Aid to Israel should be cut and any military backing ended.

If Israel ended it's aggression and tried to get along with its neighbors just maybe the region would become peaceful.
They are as dumb as the US government is thinking they can achieve their goals through "sticks and vinegar" rather than "carrots and honey". It is ultimately unsustainable and really does make everybody else in the world despise you (and understandably so.)

Old 05-22-2019, 01:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
I support Israel. Not enough to send them money or force others to.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Israel is an aggressive country that has become the bully of the middle east thanks to US support.

Aid to Israel should be cut and any military backing ended.

If Israel ended it's aggression and tried to get along with its neighbors just maybe the region would become peaceful.
fyi, not that it matters, but Israel has peace treaties and diplomatic relations with two of its neighbors, Egypt and Jordan. Syria [Iran] and Lebanon [Iran] don't want peace.

With all the wars among and within middle east countries, with hundreds of thousands killed and displaced, somehow Israel is the villain

Old 05-22-2019, 05:42 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
fyi, not that it matters, but Israel has peace treaties and diplomatic relations with two of its neighbors, Egypt and Jordan. Syria [Iran] and Lebanon [Iran] don't want peace.

With all the wars among and within middle east countries, with hundreds of thousands killed and displaced, somehow Israel is the villain
That’s why I thought it was a satirical post. Or maybe that poster is really Mel Gibson.

Muslims killing each other all over the Middle East, is Israel’s fault? Maybe the reason Assad gassed his own people is because of Israel too.

If Israel stopped being such a “bully” the Middle East would be the most peaceful place on earth. The statement is comical.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:36 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:

You have it backward. If Israel's neighbors such as Gaza, Syria, etc. and Iran indirectly ended their aggression towards Israel and offered Israel a permanent peace treaty that included the acceptance of Israel's existence, then there would be peace in the region.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:46 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
You have it backward. If Israel's neighbors such as Gaza, Syria, etc. and Iran indirectly ended their aggression towards Israel and offered Israel a permanent peace treaty that included the acceptance of Israel's existence, then there would be peace in the region.
The reason so many are "at each other's throats" in this region is beyond return and by no means a case of anyone innocent of wrong-doing...

Said before and I'll say again, the best can be done going forward is to choose the path of less aggression and friction. Less needless aggravation. Those guilty of fostering more violence rather than peace in these regards is the "villain." If not the villain entirely, then in the wrong and part of the current-day problem in any case.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Not gonna click on a "make lots of money from my BS" link......

But, heck, I love all people everywhere. I support freedom for all.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't think so for MANY reasons, including these as being the most obvious......

Let's pretend there was zero agression and the Palestinian matter was solved. OK, peace in our time.

Iran and Iraq and Syrian and other countries have the perfect right to align with each other and also with Russia (assuming they do it willfully to some degree). And so you will have 200-300 Million people with lots of money and access to nukes and Iran being the Regional Power.....and lsreal there with 10 million or fewer people.

Would Israel be comfortable with that and consider the "Peace Treaty" (the type that Trump regularly breaks by tweet) enough?

I say no They have a desire - which is completely impossible going forward - for those 100's of millions of people to not have too much power or influence.

I don't think they have gamed it all out - they are just making it up as they go and delaying the inevitable. Russia, despite their rhetoric, hates the Jews and chased millions out of their country (whoever they didn't kill, ship to camps, etc.). Putin is still blaming world problems on Jews..and Tartars (his own people!).....

Putin is an authoritarian...and so are, by and large, the Russian people. They are cheering as Putin cracks down on dissidents, etc.

I don't see any solution based on treaties. I don't see any solution based on wars. If we took all the emotion out of it, the solution would be for Jewish folks not to have established their states surrounded by Fundamentalists and then....even after that. make them mad as heck.

You can't solve that.

If we were playing King, we'd say "Heck, PLEASE come to the USA and we'll give you a state (like the Mormons have Utah and Evangelicals have some S. states"....AND, we will make up all the money for you too. It would be a drop in the bucket.

If that were the case or truth, then it can be said the real fight is over scripture. And...it is!

The USA would seem the only first world "Democratic" place where a religion other than Christianity would be fully accepted.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
I can only support one nation at a time.

My own.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can only support one nation at a time.

My own.
So if Nazi Germany spring up again and they were exterminating Jews by the millions based solely on their religion, you would just shrug and say "not my problem"? Same attitude if the white man started rounded up every black African, also by the millions, and started executing them?

Jsut trying to figure out if you have a double standard when it comes to bigotry, or just don't care about others in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies