Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,678,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are 50 +/- homicides per day in the US. How many are covered by national news?

Local network news, CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox Vegas covered it, as they tend to do.
It's the hypocritical fact that if it really were a white woman pushing an elderly black man to his death, then CNN and MSNBC and NYT and every other alt-Left news outlet like them would have been all over this story -- back in March when it actually happened. They would still be shrieking and crowing about "overt racism." Remember how the absolutely pounced on the Covington High School kids complete non-story, proceeding to ruin the lives of a bunch of minors that did nothing wrong? Just imagine how much bigger this would be made out to be! This would be the biggest money-maker for those people since Charlottesville! Never let a good tragedy go to waste, am I right? We all know they'd do it if the races were reversed, and that's what so distasteful.

Truth is, this story doesn't merit national coverage. Some black woman was being a tool, was told to be nice and lashes out. She's not trying to kill the guy. Probably just some woman having a really bad day who made a supremely stupid decision. She did what she did and she'll do the time for manslaughter or second degree murder. Lesson learned: Don't physically attack people. Not ever. Keep your hands to yourself.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 AM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If she was white, wearing a MAGA hat, and the elderly man black......it would make breaking news nationwide on MSM. And Trump would specifically be blamed for it.
Exactly. Obviously a Black woman pushing an elderly White man. She needs to go to jail for assault and battery, murder, and anything else in which they can charge her. Pathetic human being.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:03 AM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I don't know why their color was even brought into your question?
What I saw had nothing to do with color.
That woman should be charged with manslaughter if nothing else....
Hard to believe there are people like that..I hope her life is ruined for what she did to that old man.
Color was brought into question to highlight MEDIA BIAS. They suppress anything negative about the Black community because it doesn't fit their Far Left Progressive (Democrat) narrative.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 AM

18,412 posts, read 15,113,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
OP is just pointing out the hypocrisy of the leftist fake media CNN and MSNBC. We already knew that, but thanks for the reminder.
I didn't watch the vid.
The thought of someone doing something so evil to an elderly person or child is something I can't watch.
It was difficult to watch. Truly evil.

I think the jury will feel the same when they see it.

Hopefully the prosecutor doesn’t give a plea deal. She needs to do more than 4 or 5 years for this.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 AM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The media pendulum of yellow journalism has swung.

You and I are both old enough to remember when "black criminals" was a top ratings getter.
These days, they've learned from that shameful era and tend not to do that, perhaps even going too far the other way in some instances.

Now is the era of "white person does something racist" so if anything good can come from this it's going to be that maybe some people recognize whom the media hasn't been fair to in the past when it's they that are getting unfair coverage.

However, the bottom line is that the media has all the ethics of a street walker. They gotta make their dollar and that means ratings. They'll serve up all the garbage it takes if it keeps the doors open and the lights on and these are desperate times for a lot of media outlets.

There is even a term for this, it's called "The year of the Shark" where the media went bonkers over-reporting after a couple shark attacks. For profit yellow journalism. *shrug*.
I don’t know...I mean, no one seems to be making a big deal outta the fact that these synagogue terror attacks have all been committed by white Christian males. Meanwhile, the guys on the right are still talking about how bad anti-semitism is in Europe, and how American Muslim children wanted to cut the heads off Jews.

Either folks are being intentionally diversionary or they’re just obtuse. One or the other.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:03 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,810,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
OP is just pointing out the hypocrisy of the leftist fake media CNN and MSNBC. We already knew that, but thanks for the reminder.
I didn't watch the vid.
The thought of someone doing something so evil to an elderly person or child is something I can't watch.
There is no hypocrisy.

There is no national story.

This is not a racist story.

It's a tragedy.

Horrific.

No national agenda.

Not every murder warrants national coverage.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM

29,921 posts, read 18,483,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
White woman pushes elderly black man to his death, media silent...

Nah. You know that would never happen.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/police-release-video-of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_XUcc7-eI

It's "white nationalism" at work. That old man was flaunting his "white priveledge", thus needed to be killed.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:46 AM

23,306 posts, read 16,987,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The article says the man died as a result of his injuries. This sounds like a manslaughter charge vs. murder! I question if it was race-related but I don't put it past some people will see any or nearly all physical confrontations a White person has with a Black person as racially-motivated.
the media always claims race related when W on B.

given the media and social justice warriors claim racism can only be in the direction of W on B, this death is considered something just short of an accident and is presented that way.

glaring how the media treats W on B crime as racist and then reverts to common sense logic when it is B on W as if everything is normal and social justice took a holiday.

All the charges of racism by social justice warriors, liberals and democrats inflame the conversation and elicit an out of balance response which they point to as a rise in racism.

"Mom like you best!"

Old 05-15-2019, 11:54 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are 50 +/- homicides per day in the US. How many are covered by national news?

Local network news, CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox Vegas covered it, as they tend to do.
My guess is two, maybe three on a busy day. The criteria that gets them reported is if its a white killing a non-white. Narrows the choices way down out of the 50 + / - homicides to two, maybe three.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:57 AM

48,269 posts, read 34,391,475 times
"Media silent, and here is a link to the story.... in the media."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies