Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If you are going to maintain a shred of credibility, you've always got to have a token voice for some balance. At least try.

I read Fox News every morning along with more than a few other news sites as part of my effort to "triangulate for the truth," and aside from the obvious tilt toward what pleases a conservative audience, Fox News is very unique in that Fox ALWAYS features articles about women; in bikinis, revealing dresses, "sizzling bod" at the beach, "jaw-dropping" gowns...

Today for example, "Ireland Baldwin puts chest on display while getting eye-popping makeup done"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...display-makeup

Not just one today but several -- every day, and by articles I mean pictures too of course. Lots of pictures that can hardly be described as other than titillating, no doubt to class up the day's news presentation for an above average discerning audience. I think this that is uniquely Fox News is also part of their effort toward balance and to reach a "wider audience." As an older white male, I appreciate the effort though sometimes I have to admit feeling as if I'm no longer following the news...
Fox News employs lots of Lefties. I listed some for you in my previous posts. Plus they always have a guest from the Left to spout their message.

So you have something against good looking, attractive women? Are you a misogynist?

Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Cnn-“we dont need white men ...”
Msm- “russia collusion conspiracy”
Now what was warren saying again?

Old 05-16-2019, 11:47 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Fox News employs lots of Lefties. I listed some for you in my previous posts. Plus they always have a guest from the Left to spout their message.

So you have something against good looking, attractive women? Are you a misogynist?
There are news organizations that do a pretty good job of presenting opposing view points while others not so much. After following the likes for an awful long time now, I can honestly say Fox News not so much or as well as others. There is much that goes into presenting an overall unbiased presentation of what is happening around us. Quite frankly, I don't think average Fox News viewers really want that sort of balance. They want to hear what they want to hear, and that's why many ONLY listen to Fox News and no other sources of news let alone liberal ones. I happen to know a few personally...

But don't get me wrong about having "something against good looking attractive women." I married one! Asking whether I am a misogynist simply because I point out how unique Fox News happens to be in this respect is what I might call typical Fox News logic, but I'm hoping you are kidding. Please?

Like the "balance" of news, the titillation is plain to see and pretty easy to understand from the standpoint of what Fox News is really all about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies