Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:39 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Haven't listened at all in the last decade, have you?

I listen when he interviews a guest that I like. Like Sammy Hagar and Paul McCartney or some celebrity that I find interesting. Howard Stern is a good interviewer, a lot better than Dan Rather and others. Other than that I don't listen to the show. It's not funny and sometimes they spent too long talking about sex or gay sex or some sexual topic that you feel you are in high school again. It was fresh in the '90s but now is boring and old plus he sells out to the liberal celebrities just to be accepted in their inner circle and kisses up to them sometimes....the Howard of the '80s and '90s didn't do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 02:11 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
I appreciate the interview. Stern feels the way most New Yorkers and Americans voters feel about the election. New Yorkers know Trump and his history of divisiveness better than the rest of the country. Time to move forward and election a new moral, unifying and strong president that will help the country return to dignity and respect around the world.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Did you even listen to the video you linked? lol Stern said what he always says. "If Hillary was on my show she could have won. I'm Howard Stern and I can influence elections. People listen to me." It's unthinkable whats going on I this country." That's all he said. He didn't elaborate.
Sorry, not buying it. Trump's personality is the typical Stern show listener. Sorry for the stereotype, but I use to watch the E! shows and sometimes listened in the mornings, and honestly I find Hillary wouldn't be a fit to that listener base, Trump is. I get the numbers, but Trump has been on Stern's show a lot and they would discuss his trysts and his ***** grabbing. Stern fans love that. Anything Hillary said would be wrong. She talks about some lesbian trial phase she had at some point, the Christian right attacks her. She talks about some use of marijuana, the Christian right attacks her. She talks about how she and Bill have an open marriage, the Christian right attacks her. She does a normal interview with Stern, meh...

Old 05-19-2019, 05:44 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Remember how he bragged about walking in on naked teenage girls in his talks with Stern? And was fine with his daughter being referred to as a piece or a$$? Repulsive.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I appreciate the interview. Stern feels the way most New Yorkers and Americans voters feel about the election. New Yorkers know Trump and his history of divisiveness better than the rest of the country. Time to move forward and election a new moral, unifying and strong president that will help the country return to dignity and respect around the world.

We really do need to regain our respect that we once had around the world and here at home. We now have a low class, unintelligent, loud mouthed, crass , immature man that we hold up to the world as who we are as a country. That needs to end, and I hope the next guy/gal will be able to undo a lot of the damage this one man wrecking crew has imposed on us.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sorry, not buying it. Trump's personality is the typical Stern show listener. Sorry for the stereotype, but I use to watch the E! shows and sometimes listened in the mornings, and honestly I find Hillary wouldn't be a fit to that listener base, Trump is. I get the numbers, but Trump has been on Stern's show a lot and they would discuss his trysts and his ***** grabbing. Stern fans love that. Anything Hillary said would be wrong. She talks about some lesbian trial phase she had at some point, the Christian right attacks her. She talks about some use of marijuana, the Christian right attacks her. She talks about how she and Bill have an open marriage, the Christian right attacks her. She does a normal interview with Stern, meh...
Your stereotype is spot on. It was about his fan base and the influence he has over them. The Christian right won't come into play imo.

His thought process is if he can show the non stiff human side it may have boosted her popularity. I disagree as I don't think his fans would have been impressed for the very reasons you stated. Bill Clinton, yes, he could have him on the show and it would come off well, but not Hillary.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We really do need to regain our respect that we once had around the world and here at home. We now have a low class, unintelligent, loud mouthed, crass , immature man that we hold up to the world as who we are as a country. That needs to end, and I hope the next guy/gal will be able to undo a lot of the damage this one man wrecking crew has imposed on us.
Since when do people respect a country that ruins the economy and incites hatred around the world for their invade and occupy foreign policy? If you think others respected America before Trump I have a bailout to sell you.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:39 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Since when do people respect a country that ruins the economy and incites hatred around the world for their invade and occupy foreign policy? If you think others respected America before Trump I have a bailout to sell you.

Is that something like the billions Trump has been forced to feed to farmers and others to supplement what damage his tariffs have caused them ?

Old 05-19-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Is that something like the billions Trump has been forced to feed to farmers and others to supplement what damage his tariffs have caused them ?
Exactly right. Tariffs and manipulating the economy has never worked in we the peoples favor. Just the hand picked winners benefit.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think Stern was Anti Trump or Pro Hillary in the interview. He walked a thin line without committing to either.

What bugs me about Stern though is that he made his name by exploiting women and now suddenly he is on a high horse telling us how to think. He is like that other Lefty hypocrite Jimmy Kimmel that made his name on "The Man Show" which exploited women and turned them into sex objects.

Oh well they are Democrats that are allowed to pivot and flip flop.
Didn't watch this whole interview but he is on record -- and in his book saying he voted and supported Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies