U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 11:05 AM

21,241 posts, read 11,472,179 times

Advertisements

Question to you idiots who cannot control your own sex life (I thought YOU were responsible for YOUR own body?) Why not take the morning after pill and then shut up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 11:07 AM

7,059 posts, read 8,549,756 times
BC pills change a woman's reproductive cycle in that her ovaries no longer produce & then release a mature egg. If she doesn't ovulate there's no egg and thus no fertilization of an egg can occur. There's no 'killing' of anything involved. How is it that so many (especially "pro-lifers") do not know this? I'm embarrassed for them; they're too uneducated to be embarrassed at their own lack of basic reproductive knowledge. And some of them are senators sponsoring these bills. No excuse.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:18 AM

253 posts, read 103,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
No conservatives will
Dispute that the court has a constitutional duty to interpret law. However interpret does not mean change the meaning and intent of said law and make a new one. Leftists courts have abused the 14th amendment for decades now. I cannot for the life of me find any way to get the right to kill unborn babies out of the 14th amendment. That is beyond a stretch, it is simply unconstitutional action by the court. Activism from the bench is unconstitutional period. You leftists simply fail to grasp such a simple concept. Back in elementary school most of us learned about separation of powers and what each branch of government could and could not do. Maybe all the kids drooling on their desk in civics class grew up to be leftists I dont know.

The 14tg amendment was written to protect blacks from discrimination after the civil war. That is the laws intent.......not baby killing, not special rights for homosexuals, not affirmative action etc. The 14th amendment protects US citizens from institutionalized racism and mistreatment based on race. Itís legitimacy could also be questioned because it was passed without the southern states. You leftists donít even acknowledge that.

Point me to where the word Black, Negro, or equivalent is written in the 14th Amendment. The Amendment was written to apply to all citizens.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:20 AM

6,568 posts, read 4,543,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Question to you idiots who cannot control your own sex life (I thought YOU were responsible for YOUR own body?) Why not take the morning after pill and then shut up?
50% of those who get abortions were using birth control. If you’re on BC, why would you take the morning after pill??

As to the other 50%, yes they should be more responsible. But it’s hard to do so when your state defunds Planned Parenthood and the closest one is 300 miles away or bans the most effective BC methods or doesn’t have programs in place to assist with easily available low cost or no cost BC for those who can’t afford it. Instead they mandate Sex Ed that teaches nothing but abstinence. Super helpful of them.

If states want more responsibility maybe they should stop putting policies in placed that make it as difficult as possible to be responsible.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 AM

6,857 posts, read 2,450,072 times
Missouri joins the Red State Rush, banning abortion after 8 weeks, with no exception for rape or incest. The only exception in when the life of the woman is endangered.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...home-top-story

Old 05-17-2019, 11:28 AM

18,513 posts, read 6,656,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Missouri joins the Red State Rush, banning abortion after 8 weeks, with no exception for rape or incest. The only exception in when the life of the woman is endangered.

This whole movement is sickening, especially if you've ever read The Handmaid's Tale (or watched the TV series)

Old 05-17-2019, 11:37 AM

6,580 posts, read 6,782,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

And they apparently have a surfeit of OB/GYNs, as they plan to imprison the doctors. Let's look at the stats ...

Hmmm. Maternal mortality is ... high.

Quote:
The United Health Foundation’s 2016 Health of Women and Children Report pegged the national average at about 19.9 deaths per 100,000 live births, while Missouri’s maternal mortality rate was 28.5 deaths per 100,000 live births, which ranked 42nd nationally. Kansas clocked in at 19.6 and states like California (5.9) and Massachusetts (5.8) were well under double digits.
Source:
Kansas City Star - Mortality rate for pregnant Missouri women is high. Here's why.

How about infant mortality?

6.2 - high, though not as high as Alabama and Georgia. Seems their priorities are misplaced.

Source: CDC

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 05-17-2019 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Formatting fail

Old 05-17-2019, 11:39 AM

6,580 posts, read 6,782,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
This whole movement is sickening, especially if you've ever read The Handmaid's Tale (or watched the TV series)

I've read the book, and watched the first season of the series. The feeling of dread and recognition was too much for me while we were caregivers for my husband's parents (they were in home hospice), so I didn't watch after that. I don't like the direction we're going, into dystopia.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:52 AM

30,467 posts, read 33,272,526 times
Not in the whole country, no. At worst it may be something only certain states are open to, much like physician assisted suicide is becoming.

What people NEED to understand and accept is that these are not universally accept practices. Life is ending either way and for a large number of people that can never be considered business as usual. Yelling and screaming at them won't change their minds and only makes you look like the unhinged, immoral, death lovers they they see you as.

For the record I'm pro-choice and pro physician assisted suicide...both with HARD LIMITS though. There comes a point, currently with abortion but maybe with PAS later, where we stop thinking or caring about it at all, and we shouldn't let ourselves get there.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:28 PM

20,280 posts, read 10,366,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Some of these new laws ban those too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or