Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times

Advertisements

I believe abortion is murder but that is not the only reason RoevWade should go. Like the recent gay marriage edict from the bench it is a violation of the 10th amendment. Really the states should never have obeyed either ruling. The Supreme Court has NO RIGHT to make law like that. Time for states to revisit 19th century tactics like nullification and secession if necessary. The states need to reassert their constitutional rights in a forceful and demanding manner. Until that happens the leftists will continue to use the federal club against the Red States. Time we all stand with our southern brothers in Alabama and tell the feds to stick it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I believe abortion is murder but that is not the only reason RoevWade should go. Like the recent gay marriage edict from the bench it is a violation of the 10th amendment. Really the states should never have obeyed either ruling. The Supreme Court has NO RIGHT to make law like that. Time for states to revisit 19th century tactics like nullification and secession if necessary. The states need to reassert their constitutional rights in a forceful and demanding manner. Until that happens the leftists will continue to use the federal club against the Red States. Time we all stand with our southern brothers in Alabama and tell the feds to stick it.
Wow sounds like insurrection talk to me

Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
To paraphrase Richard Mourdock, if a woman gets pregnant after being raped, she should bear the child because it’s “God’s Will”.
A number of Republican legislators actually believe that is true along with incest as proven in this video. So no wonder why rape and incest are not allowed as exceptions in anti-abortion bills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57aWGJW0XbA

Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What about the large proportion of women who are pro-life? They don't care about women?

Women not caring about other women's livelihood. Such a foreign concept isn't it? I guess it was all men that voted for Trump because women always support each other.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:53 PM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I never made the distinction. I said "pro-lifers" don't care. That means any gender.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Women not caring about other women's livelihood. Such a foreign concept isn't it? I guess it was all men that voted for Trump because women always support each other.
Put it to the test.chemical castrations for sexual predators - what be these women’s votes? You have to understand these zealots will not stop there - spilling your seed to the ground ? They will make masturbation illegal next...

Old 05-16-2019, 10:08 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I never made the distinction. I said "pro-lifers" don't care. That means any gender.
So your position is that almost half of all women (according to credible polls) do not care about the life of women?

What is wrong with these women? Are they stupid?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:09 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Well here we have it folks.

A guy who went through the school system and apparently everything he was taught in Civics went over his head.

One of the first things we are taught in Civics is that state and federal laws are subject to judicial review by the US Supreme Court when those laws implicate the U.S. Constitution.

Its how we keep the Constitution a viable, living document. We make states and Congress obey it. We set up--what in theory--is the least political branch of government, our Judicial Branch, to do the reviewing. When the Supreme Court holds a law unconstitutional than that is it. Unless, someone can organize a movement and succeed in amending the Constitution.

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus and the Supreme Court has a right to issue a decision like Roe v. Wade. It has the right to declare both federal and state laws unconstitutional.

If you want to believe abortion is murder you can do so. What you don't have a right to do is impose your beliefs on the rest of us. That is what our Supreme Court said.

And while we are at it, there is no legal doctrine of "nullification" by the states. The Civil War and subsequent supreme court decisions put that to rest. The same is true for secession. Bleating like a sheep won't change that.

Some people really get nothing out of public education and it is a damn shame.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:29 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think it IS possible a 5-4 vote could overturn Roe v Wade. How would the women in this country react to such a reality--a return to back-alley butchers?
It won't be illegal nationwide, but states rights will be respected. We only ask that we here in Louisiana for example be able to ban it in our state. We're not trying to demand that New York, New Jersey, California and other liberal states ban it too. But they want US to accept abortion even though it goes against OUR culture and religion here.

Though honestly once Roe vs Wade is repealed it will be quite difficult for someone from Louisiana to get an abortion as all of our neighboring states are also likely to have this ban, and even most of the second ring of states around us too.....

Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
They are anti-choice not pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies