Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 04:19 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not all substance abusers use heroin
Fine, let’s thin the herd and reassess the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 04:31 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Fine, let’s thin the herd and reassess the situation.
Let's quit the fantasizing and come up with some workable solutions? Nothing you have contributed to this thread hasn't already been said at least a dozen times elsewhere in these forums, and what you suggest still isn't legal and no cops or mayor or county supervisor is going to be willing to deal with these people in an unlawful way just because they 'disturb' you. At times these arguments start to feel like ones I have with my grandchildren.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
I know what it is, but it does not give anyone the right to involuntarily confine of people who are deemed mentally ill or substance abusers unless they meet the criteria outlined in O'Connor V Donaldson - how could you NOT know that?
I'm well aware of O'Connor, since I quoted previously on another thread.

The point remains those people are incompetent and incapable of managing their own lives, regardless of what the law says or doesn't say.

Placing those incompetents under the supervision of another is the only possible way to resolve the problem.

Left to their own devices, those people will do nothing very slowly.

Throwing money at the problem has never worked, does not work now and will never work.

Why? Because those people are incompetent.

Unless you're willing to place those people under supervision, there is no point in having a discussion, because there is nothing to discuss.

Quote:
Nope..the 'elements of proof' you listed are from the U.S. Code defining requisite probable cause to make an arrest for possession of drugs - not for drug use.
No, you're wrong. You never even knew Elements of Proof existed, until I mentioned it on this forum.

I've applied for more search warrants and arrest warrants and made more drug arrests for use, possession, control, intent to distribute, sale or distribution, or possession of drug paraphernalia than you ever will in your entire life.

A few days ago, a man was huffing an aerosol can while driving on Interstate I-75. Other drivers witnessed it and call 911. As police were entering the interstate to locate him, he wrecked.

He was charged under this statute:

Ohio Revised Code 2925.11 Possession of controlled substances.

(A) No person shall knowingly obtain, possess, or use a controlled substance or a controlled substance analog.

[emphasis mine for the inept]

Quote:
Why would you conflate the two? Where is it illegal to have drugs in your system unless you are driving a vehicle or operating a train or airplane?
Under US Code, the UCMJ and the statutes of many States.

Quote:
Are you serious? The only time you get high on marijuana is the first time you use it?
I never said that, but you did.

You've never arrested drug users, never interviewed them, never conducted undercover drug investigations and lived in the world of drug users and never been exposed to drug users on a regular basis.

It's comparable to your first kiss. There's never anything quite like that again. Same with drugs. The first high you get is the best most exciting euphoric high, and while you do get in high from continued use, you never experience that state of being from the very first high ever again.

It's called "chasing the high." There are other regional colloquial euphemisms for it.

You wouldn't know that, because you pontificate from on high in your Ivory Tower.

Quote:
Actually homelessness is always more of a problem in large urban centers with a high cost of living most of which happen to be in blue states.
Then they can emulate Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Heidelbergensis and Homo Neanderthalis and migrate to a better area.

So, how stupid are those people? Apparently, they're dumber than earlier hominids.

The simplest most cost-effective solution is for those people to move, not take money from me just because they're too damn lazy to move.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:20 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
It's the liberal cities that are full of homeless. The "Seattle is Dying" video states that 100% of them are on drugs, alcohol, and/or are mentally ill. They don't bust the drug dealers if they have less than so many grams of product on them, it's asinine!
Even in my hometown it's become a huge problem, our police report used to be 1-2 pages long, maybe 50-60 issues in a week, now there is 14-17 pages of theft, fighting, vandalism, rape, car prowl, 90% of it centered around the homeless camps.
Then, we spend millions on "studies" and handouts and the money just seems to "disappear".
Agree that is a huge problem. You and I have discussed the crime increases. And, some are quite serious. Our friend was murdered by a homeless guy who was out to lunch, obviously. This was after he had njured 2 other people, one to the point of brain bleed. Our friend was stabbed 32 times. Another incident was the crazy who was living in a county park who wielded a machete and shot a crossbow at responding officers. The last offense was the burning down of Hohl Feed, an institution. The SJWs commented that the poor man was cold. Shelters were available but he didn’t want to follow their rules.

I am done with these criminals. And, what they did was criminal. I will not go downtown anymore. I am tired of being harassed. We had a neighbor who allowed a friend to stay at his home to caretake it. This man was flaming nuts and harassed us to the point of our having to get two anti-harassment orders against him. He would run around in his skivvies, defecate in a bucket and throw it in the creek, etc. Later, I found out that our neighbor was growing marijuana (before it was legal) and would invite these crazies over who would literally howl all night. No, thank-you. They are useless to society. Someday, the ultra- liberals will get tired of the filth and crime. I am not holding my breath.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:38 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Here’s the Lib principals that create the problem:

1) Its a basic human right to live wherever you want regardless of the cost of living. If you cannot afford a home in a high cost area, one should be provided at a price you can afford and free if necessary.

2) Vagrants should not be clustered in low cost, undesirable areas if this is where the vagrants do not want to live. Vagrants need to be distributed throughout middle and upper class residential areas. Exposing the vagrants to the finer things in life will help them rejoin society as a productive person.

3) Drug addiction is a disability that happens to victims

4) Most addicts can be saved and turned back into normal, productive people.

5) Most vagrants are good people who want to work and are just “down on their luck”

Until Liberals understand this is absolute garbage, progress will never be made and the problem will only get worse.

You cannot bear to face this reality, so arguing with you is a total waste of time.

I’ll say it again....eventually the problem will get so bad that most everyone will be totally fed up with it and the laws will get changed to deal with it.

Its basic common sense that expensive liberal ideas are not solving the problem.
Oh, yeah, our local SJWs, several who are running for office are tight with the first one on your list. Their new slogan is “My City is for everyone”. No, it is not. Boy, would I love to live in Sausalito but in reality couldn’t even afford a broom closet.

The second one was actually uttered by a city councilwoman: “Those of you who own single family homes are priveleged.” Seriously, I am not making this up. They also say that zoning is racist and classist. They want to mix up the rich and poor in all neighborhoods.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:07 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Oh, yeah, our local SJWs, several who are running for office are tight with the first one on your list. Their new slogan is “My City is for everyone”. No, it is not. Boy, would I love to live in Sausalito but in reality couldn’t even afford a broom closet.

The second one was actually uttered by a city councilwoman: “Those of you who own single family homes are priveleged.” Seriously, I am not making this up. They also say that zoning is racist and classist. They want to mix up the rich and poor in all neighborhoods.
Usually the working class live on busy thoroughfares in apartments above the storefronts while the quieter residential streets house the middle class working class single family homes or duplexes. Rich have their own neighborhoods and storefronts with no one living on top of stores. Like Beverly Hills.

Too many people want to live in already crowded cities. And the big cities that people are fleeing are either too geared for the working class or middle class, ie Cleveland or Detroit.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:50 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I saw a weird AP article shaming Google for the plight of its workers in Silicon valley. Now I know it was an unfair slanted hit piece on Google which is what I found interesting. But fake news going after them, whats with that? Facebook, Amazon and Google have run afowl of the puppet masters and are being taken down a notch. No loyalty among the uber elite world controlling rich or maybe they just don't want anybody else joining their ranks.
They got blamed for the ridiculous housing prices in Silicon valley. But they showed photos of illegals living in RVs and cooking outdoors in public parks. Wherever these people work, its not for Google or in the computer industry.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:19 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:

OK then. I'm waiting for the homeless shelters and low income apartments to be placed in the high income areas where elites live. How bout right on the beach, or let some liberal billionaires buy mansions and turn them into rooming houses.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Agree that is a huge problem. You and I have discussed the crime increases. And, some are quite serious. Our friend was murdered by a homeless guy who was out to lunch, obviously. This was after he had njured 2 other people, one to the point of brain bleed. Our friend was stabbed 32 times. Another incident was the crazy who was living in a county park who wielded a machete and shot a crossbow at responding officers. The last offense was the burning down of Hohl Feed, an institution. The SJWs commented that the poor man was cold. Shelters were available but he didn’t want to follow their rules.

I am done with these criminals. And, what they did was criminal. I will not go downtown anymore. I am tired of being harassed. We had a neighbor who allowed a friend to stay at his home to caretake it. This man was flaming nuts and harassed us to the point of our having to get two anti-harassment orders against him. He would run around in his skivvies, defecate in a bucket and throw it in the creek, etc. Later, I found out that our neighbor was growing marijuana (before it was legal) and would invite these crazies over who would literally howl all night. No, thank-you. They are useless to society. Someday, the ultra- liberals will get tired of the filth and crime. I am not holding my breath.
Would it be possible for you to move? I don't think I would stay in a place that is as bad as you describe it, but that last paragraph.. it seems your complaint should be with your neighbor, not homeless people in general, dontcha think?

Old 05-28-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw a weird AP article shaming Google for the plight of its workers in Silicon valley. Now I know it was an unfair slanted hit piece on Google which is what I found interesting. But fake news going after them, whats with that? Facebook, Amazon and Google have run afowl of the puppet masters and are being taken down a notch. No loyalty among the uber elite world controlling rich or maybe they just don't want anybody else joining their ranks.
They got blamed for the ridiculous housing prices in Silicon valley. But they showed photos of illegals living in RVs and cooking outdoors in public parks. Wherever these people work, its not for Google or in the computer industry.
This article? https://apnews.com/9309128222ab4c4f92b0d0022e1ec133 Not everyone with a hispanic surname is an "illegal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies