U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:18 PM

16,826 posts, read 8,660,562 times

Advertisements

Yeah, right.

Great economy
Historically low unemployment
Great stock markets
Low Energy prices
Great housing markets
Lower taxes
Less regulations
Trying to secure the border
Consumer confidence at an all time high
More disposable income
Low inflation

Don't mess with all that by electing a Social Engineering Democrat in 2020.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 PM

4,998 posts, read 1,989,352 times
Republicans have put our country on a path of warp-speed decline

Looking outward, over the smoldering remains of the Democratic Party, I can see how some may hold this sentiment!

Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM

5,785 posts, read 2,694,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Demoicrats would put on a warp speed to copy Venezuela....I'll take the Republican adventure please.
No Dem is trying to copy Venezuela so stop with the hyperbole.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:46 PM

441 posts, read 838,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The UK already offers its citizens quality single-payer healthcare and near-free college. If you want to disagree with policy, fine. But don't paint it to be an impossible dream when other countries have already realized it.
There's less people in the UK and they don't have a huge surge of illegals coming through their border to support. It seems the Baby Boomer generation will be getting screwed if the Democrats have their way. If I wanted to send my children to pre-school and college, I had to pay for it myself. Now I pay for EEE through my tax dollars. The taxpayers fund education for another 18 years and now they want us to pay for college educations also. I have my own health insurance, which I am very happy with but the Democrats want to take that away from me and force me to pay for the whole Countries, including illegals. Sounds like something I should be jumping up for joy about.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:49 PM

8,754 posts, read 4,028,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
No Dem is trying to copy Venezuela so stop with the hyperbole.

Republicans are trying to copy Iran, only with the Bible as the supreme law of the land instead of the Koran.

Conservatives are so anti-Islam but they want the EXACT same type of society.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
The Green New Deal is supported by 81 percent of registered voters, but, Republicans tell us, Americans just aren’t as smart as Norwegians (who have 60 percent of all car sales electric now and will totally phase out gas and diesel cars in eight years) or Germans (who produced more than 100percent of the electricity their country needed a few days last year from renewable sources). We have to keep digging coal and drilling for oil and gas, polluting the planet, causing tens of thousands of cancers, and destroying the biosphere, because, after all, we wouldn’t want to cut the revenue to a vital industry, would we?

Old 05-16-2019, 03:55 PM

7,105 posts, read 5,376,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And it goes on to discuss the corruption and lies of the GOP concerning other issues such as a woman's right to choose, taxes, wages and the environment.
Agree. It's in the numbers. The GOP is losing women and young voters. Americans are waking up and leaving faster than under any GOP administration.

Last edited by KayAnn246; 05-16-2019 at 04:04 PM..

Old 05-16-2019, 04:01 PM

35,064 posts, read 19,171,984 times
Lightbulb "He's a con man, he's a racist, he's a cheat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
How the Republicans in Congress and the White House brainwashed ordinary blue collar Americans into believing they represent them and not the 1% business and social elites who own and control just about everything in this country is one of the greatest con jobs in our political history.
And now the GOP is led by the most brazen con man to ever take up residence in DC.

Karma will catch up to them.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:06 PM

14,642 posts, read 3,878,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Right, while ignoring "promises" such as "wonderful, great health care for all," infrastructure improvement and tax cuts for the middle class.
Read an article today about the GOP paradise in Florida where the Sewer systems are expelling literally BILLIONS of gallons into the rivers, gulf and bays. They have zero intention of fixing it. Why? Because people don't want higher sewer fees...according to "them".

And so we will have algae blooms, no fishing and completely ruination of the water-world.

DeSantis said that we should fix the environment in Florida. Notice the word "said". He then just finished the legislative session where ZERO was done. Nothing. Well, they spent a few million on experts...you know how that goes.

It doesn't take too many experts to conclude that dumping poo in the water makes it full of poo. But, apparently, they need a decade or two to study it.

When asked if he should slow or stop development until Florida gets a handle on this pollution, traffic and other major problems (crimes, vehicle and pedestrian deaths, poor health care, etc.) he said "there is no need to slow development. We can have it all....".....except we can't.

This is the new "progressive" Republican. They look at Trump lie and figure "hey, he gets away with it - I'll just say things...and then not do them".

Meanwhile, he goes against the will of the people in voting rights, etc - trying to squeeze just one more election cycle out before he lets too many of the wrong people vote.

IMHO, these people are criminals. The country has went from "we" to "me" (me, being the developers, corporations, billionaire, etc.)....

Old 05-16-2019, 04:11 PM

4,998 posts, read 1,989,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Green New Deal is supported by 81 percent of registered voters, but, Republicans tell us, Americans just aren’t as smart as Norwegians (who have 60 percent of all car sales electric now and will totally phase out gas and diesel cars in eight years) or Germans (who produced more than 100percent of the electricity their country needed a few days last year from renewable sources). We have to keep digging coal and drilling for oil and gas, polluting the planet, causing tens of thousands of cancers, and destroying the biosphere, because, after all, we wouldn’t want to cut the revenue to a vital industry, would we?
Not anymore it's not... THANKS AOC!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies