U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,631 posts, read 11,080,300 times
Reputation: 37650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Remember how people were admonished for disrespecting the previous crook? I suppose its different now

Why, yes, now that you ask, IT IS DIFFERENT. The world respected Obama, the world is laughing their tails off at Donald Trump. Ask any foreign visitor the question, "So, what do you think of our current President?" and they begin laughing.

We have elected a buffoon and we are looked at as idiots for doing it. America has lost so much face in the past two years, and Trump is not even welcome to visit most other countries.......well, maybe Russia, where Putie awaits with open arms.

Face it Frank, the world thinks the guy you elected is a joke, a yuge joke. And so do most of us here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:28 AM
 
29,587 posts, read 16,337,314 times
Reputation: 13723
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why, yes, now that you ask, IT IS DIFFERENT. The world respected Obama, the world is laughing their tails off at Donald Trump. Ask any foreign visitor the question, "So, what do you think of our current President?" and they begin laughing.

We have elected a buffoon and we are looked at as idiots for doing it. America has lost so much face in the past two years, and Trump is not even welcome to visit most other countries.......well, maybe Russia, where Putie awaits with open arms.

Face it Frank, the world thinks the guy you elected is a joke, a yuge joke. And so do most of us here.
not my guy, in fact I dont have one, but the second half of my quote below applies to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think all politicians should be disrespected, but the double standard at play is curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,631 posts, read 11,080,300 times
Reputation: 37650
Why should we disrespect a politician who actually tried to do good things and who did good things ? Yeah, I like Obama a lot because the man actually worked hard all day and accomplished a lot for this country, ie, pulling us out of the deepest recession in our recent history, Bin Laden, etc. In addition, Obama has class, much unlike the current septic tank dweller in the WH today.

People earn respect, it is not simply handed out because of perceived wealth or success. Most Trump supporters have this twisted idea that Trump is to be respected because of "how rich he is". I could care less about his financial state, I care about who the man is inside, and what he is doing for this country.

So far, Trump has failed on both counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,394 posts, read 3,890,035 times
Reputation: 7064
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why, yes, now that you ask, IT IS DIFFERENT. The world respected Obama, the world is laughing their tails off at Donald Trump. Ask any foreign visitor the question, "So, what do you think of our current President?" and they begin laughing.

We have elected a buffoon and we are looked at as idiots for doing it. America has lost so much face in the past two years, and Trump is not even welcome to visit most other countries.......well, maybe Russia, where Putie awaits with open arms.

Face it Frank, the world thinks the guy you elected is a joke, a yuge joke. And so do most of us here.
I just hope Trump doesn't do an Elvis and die on the toilet, whilst probably eating a Big Mac.

That would be the final humilation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 07:13 AM
 
16,654 posts, read 8,506,818 times
Reputation: 9521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Remember how people were admonished for disrespecting the previous crook? I suppose its different now
The previous adm ag would investigate such a thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
14,558 posts, read 8,386,623 times
Reputation: 29100
Oh the hypocrisy. Chastising Britain for disrespecting Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 07:41 AM
 
Location: USA
16,809 posts, read 8,650,460 times
Reputation: 12672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I just hope Trump doesn't do an Elvis and die on the toilet, whilst probably eating a Big Mac.

That would be the final humilation.
Very classy for posting this with fake outrage on your part. Trump is kicking ass, and the American economy and country is again the envy of the world. How's it feel to be irrelevant on the world stage after having and empire?

The UK hasn't had a decent leader since Margaret Thatcher, and probably never will again. It has become Muslim land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,394 posts, read 3,890,035 times
Reputation: 7064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Very classy for posting this with fake outrage on your part. Trump is kicking ass, and the American economy and country is again the envy of the world. How's it feel to be irrelevant on the world stage after having and empire?

The UK hasn't had a decent leader since Margaret Thatcher, and probably never will again. It has become Muslim land.
I refer you back to post 11.

As for great leaders who have you had in recent years Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama and Trump, and you have the nerbe to suggest we haven't had a good leader.

The UK is not a Muslim Land, and I wouldn't believe everything Donald tweets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 08:03 AM
 
Location: USA
16,809 posts, read 8,650,460 times
Reputation: 12672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I refer you back to post 11.
I have that whack job on ignore as his posts are a real waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,771 posts, read 2,691,577 times
Reputation: 6997
Hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top