Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He needs to win Florida, so I have to think there is some greater plan here.
Yeah, Trump's plan is to p*** off Floridians. Yeah, sounds like a Trump plan.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
He's dumping them to the sanctuary cities in Florida.
You people love illegals so much...then take them.
Not only that but many in Florida speak Spanish so they'll fit right in.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:37 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
I live in a small non-sanctuary city near the border and we have 5,000 LEGAL refugee applicants. They didn't sneak in and didn't steal anyone's job picking lettuce. They are fleeing a horrible, dangerous situation where they are powerless to change it at home, in order to try and give their kids a better life. That's what these people are too.

He's a **** poor manager and has allowed this situation to get out of hand and become the crisis he made up. And like the arrogant tool he is, never accepting responsibility for his own actions, he's putting the problem off onto local and state government.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well Trump offered to send the "migrants" to the Sanctuary cities of NYC, LA and San Fran where the dearly elected leaders claim to love them but he was threatened with law suits so where can he send them?

We are talking approx. 100,000 people per month that need housing, jobs, welfare, healthcare, education, etc.. Where are they supposed to go?

I don't know why Trump is sending them to the purple state of Florida. What is he trying to prove and since when is he afraid of lawsuits? I say send the "migrants" to the sanctuary cities and states and let them deal with them.
Alaska would be my choice for these people.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but many in Florida speak Spanish so they'll fit right in.
Sanctuary cities are illegal in Florida.

By this action Trump demands FL cities to become sanctuaries for the illegals.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:47 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That’s not a bad idea. Let the Canadians deal with them for a change when they try crossing their border.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:49 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Back to El Salvador or Guatemala would be my choice.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:04 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Initially I thought he might house them at Mar a Lago resort or other Trump properties, but no, they are simply dumping them to Florida with the expectation that FL tax payers will shoulder the cost. Trump never asked if Florida was ok with this, and not even the governor was told about the plan.

And no, Florida does not have sanctuary cities.

The last word is, they they will simply be released into the community since there are no facilities for them.

I think they should build a camp right next to Mar a Lago, and house them there.

Broward and Palm Beach counties bracing for planeloads of immigrants from crowded U.S. camps

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/po...5rm-story.html

The Trump administration is preparing to move hundreds of immigrants from overcrowded camps along the U.S. border to Broward and Palm Beach counties, local officials said Thursday.

Broward Mayor Mark Bogen and Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said they were told to expect two planeloads of immigrants each week, starting in about two weeks. The 270 weekly passengers — about 1,000 each month — would be split, with half going to Palm Beach County and half to Broward.

Local members of Congress, Florida’s two Republican senators and even Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said they didn’t know about it.

“The governor’s office was not informed of this decision,” his spokeswoman said in an email. “Florida counties do not have the resources to accommodate an influx of illegal immigrants.”

The federal government isn’t offering to help, he said.
It would be better if he sends them to Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Let the Dem voters live with the consequences of voting in Dem politicians at the federal level.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
what difference does it make where Trump places them. These are harmless people looking for a fresh life. At least thats what the democrats have been peddling for 10 years now.
Yep. Let the Dems put their money and public resources where their mouths are.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Bad move. Send them all to San Francisco until they beg for mercy in prime time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies