U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 07:42 PM

50,086 posts, read 26,528,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I went through my implication of the left in the post, and it was about the rise of antisemitism, not the left as anti Jewish, and it had nothing to do with Israel.
I know. However, I have my own suspicions.

BTW...no response from you to a right wing poster saying that Jews invite it. Exhibit one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I believe in non violence unless self defense and am disgusted by these attacks by Arabs or so called white supremacists on Jews....I don't understand the hatred and violence and condemn it in every form, do you?
ďArabs (this thread is about events in the United States ) or so-called white supremacists? Thatís a joke, right?

Again, talk to me when youíre serious. Youíre just wasting my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Jews have been the recipients of many harsh attacks directed at them, whether it be in the US, Europe or elsewhere. Part of the problem is of a religious nature, and thatís something that shouldnít be ignored. Unfortunately, Jews have been targeted throughout history as a result of the events surrounding the death of Christ.

The destruction of the second temple and their expulsion from those lands is viewed as a sign by certain groups that Jews are a cursed people doomed to walk the Earth for eternity, as a result of everything that transpired.

It doesnít help that thereís a book called Elders of the Protocols of Zion which has fuelled a ton of anti-Semitic sentiment due to all the conspiracies espoused in it. Many people, regrettably, actually believe in that stuff.

So they are caught between two extremes.

- Christian evangelists who apply the above mentioned logic
- Muslims who target them die to the controversy surrounding Israel and above logic
Meh...Jews give as good as they get in regard to Muslims. After all, they didnít gain control of Palestine because theyíre nice people.

This thread is about whatís happening HERE. Torchlight parades and synagogue shootings. That had nothing to do with Muslims.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:55 PM

2,707 posts, read 988,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...Jews give as good as they get in regard to Muslims. After all, they didnít gain control of Palestine because theyíre nice people.

This thread is about whatís happening HERE. Torchlight parades and synagogue shootings. That had nothing to do with Muslims.
Yes and thatís precisely what I addressed. Jews get targeted in the US for the same reasons they do in Europe. Thatís from the radical extremist Christians sects.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:23 PM

10,774 posts, read 10,129,555 times
Quote:
I know. However, I have my own suspicions.

BTW...no response from you to a right wing poster saying that Jews invite it. Exhibit one.

ďArabs (this thread is about events in the United States ) or so-called white supremacists? Thatís a joke, right?

Again, talk to me when youíre serious. Youíre just wasting my time.
I donít respond to the vast majority of comments like this, because they are comments that are made to provoke a response. If I were to to respond, I would be doing exactly what the poster wanted me to do. And there are so many of them, that I would be spending most of my time on this board responding to these kinds of comments. And what would come of it? An intelligent exchange of ideas? I doubt it. My time is worth more to me than that.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I donít respond to the vast majority of comments like this, because they are comments that are made to provoke a response. If I were to to respond, I would be doing exactly what the poster wanted me to do. And there are so many of them, that I would be spending most of my time on this board responding to these kinds of comments. And what would come of it? An intelligent exchange of ideas? I doubt it. My time is worth more to me than that.
Hmmmph. Yeah, ok.

You wouldíve responded if Iíd said something half as incendiary. But whatever.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:29 PM

10,774 posts, read 10,129,555 times
Quote:
Hmmmph. Yeah, ok.

You wouldíve responded if Iíd said something half as incendiary. But whatever.
You should take that as a compliment.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 10 days ago)

18,831 posts, read 12,134,015 times
Quote:

Yes- HERE

1. Democrat party platform booing an attempt to recognize the right of Israel to exist

2. Nation of Islam hatred of Jews

3. Jessie Jackson and national black leaders hating Jews

4. Two Muslim democrat congressmen expressing public contempt for Jews

5. The dems fail to censure the anti-Semitic congressmen (women)

6. Obama having members of the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House

7. Hostile foreign policy to Israel by Obama

8. Dem constituents being markedly anti-Israel and pro-Palestine

9. Hillary Clinton making multiple disparaging remarks about Jews

Old 05-18-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
You should take that as a compliment.
Why? I could of course see why youíd feel that way, but you telling me that instead is kind of an insult. Itís condescension at its finest.

But I can look past that since you never fail to answer any questions posed to you. At least you give that courtesy whether or not I agree with you.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:53 PM

51,684 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Quote:
You’re being really magnanimous. Again, before any real physical attacks on Jews in Europe had been going on, folks all over this board were decrying just how terribly anti Semitic Europe was becoming.

But now that the United States has proved to be far more deadly, it’s the media at work?

Okay.
I did not say the media was causing it but rather that they're REPORTING it because tagging each other as anti-semetic has become a political sport in this country of late.
(Have you missed Fox tearing into certain democratic congress critters over their alleged "anti-semetic" remarks? If so, not sure how you can deny the "reporting" surge.)

Here is even a non-racial, non-political, non-religious example of the US media going into a feeding frenzy for ratings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_the_Shark

Heck, I even showed the data. It's been going on in the US for a long time and it hasn't suddenly gotten worse. It's about the same as it has been...but when have facts ever stopped a good political smear job?

Oh and yes, Europe has long been anti-semetic. Hell, as recently as WW2 the Brits even considered white Canadians as "2nd raters". Anyone looking at Europe over the last 100 years or so and thinking they don't have their own racist warts and religious fanatics like the US has a screw loose.

Not sure what I was being magnanimous about. I think I made my points and backed them up on facts and didn't take any political side. If you disagree and want to logically point out where I should reconsider, I'm all ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or