Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are not forced to work more or less. You are taxed on what you make regardless of how much you work.

What you are not forced to do is use your body, organs, tissues and blood to keep another physically alive. You are not forced to give blood or bone marrow even if someone will die without it. You are not forced to give your body over to another for any reason. And women should nto be forced to do so either.
If a woman has a child, is she not tasked with caring for it?

Are you arguing that mothers should not be responsible for the appropriate developmental welfare for their own children? Am I understanding correctly?

That's a HUGE can of worms. Maybe just kill all kids regardless of where they are on the developmental spectrum if it's too inconvenient and costly in the mom's opinion?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:37 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
First, I’m ALL IN regarding the immeasurable joy and pleasure of sex. In fact, I have yet to experience bad sex ... its all good, some better than others . And its pure foolishness to even consider the idea that abstinence could be a viable solution to preventing unwanted pregnancy. Sex is too compelling, and there is a big reason for sex being so pleasurable ... that big reason has nothing to do with putting a big smile on your face. Its designed to be so pleasurable to PRODUCE OFFSPRING, to ensure the propagation of the species!

Now us modern humans are smart enough to realize how babies are made, and contrary to the insinuations otherwise, the vast majority of unwanted pregnancies are not the failure of modern contraceptives, but in irresponsible sexual behavior. It is too much to ask of people to give up sex, but its not too much to ask of people to engage in sex RESPONSIBLY.

Here is the losing (liberal) formula for achieving that goal ... make abortion freely available, and paid for by the gov’t if you cant afford it. This eliminates the consequences of irresponsible behavior , with even more irresponsible and inhumane behavior.

The better (Conservative) formula is the REVERSE. Don’t eliminate the consequences .... make abortion a last resort, not an easy option, and that will provide motivation for people to act more responsibly, reduce unwanted pregnancies, which in turn will reduce the need for killing the innocent life some of you call clumps of cells that ought to be removed like a cancer growth.
Not true.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...039?via%3Dihub

More than half of all abortions came about due to birth control failure.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Are you arguing that mothers should not be responsible for the appropriate developmental welfare for their own children? Am I understanding correctly?

That's a HUGE can of worms. Maybe just kill all kids regardless of where they are on the developmental spectrum if it's too inconvenient and costly in the mom's opinion?
Oh, only women are responsible for these things in your world. Got it! You issues are becoming more and more obvious.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Who forces you to work. Please tell me where the government comes to your home, rouses you out of your bed, takes to your job, forces you to work, all under the penalty of jail or death if you do not.

Because unless you are forced to work or go to jail, than you are fibbing about the analogy.
Who forces you to have sex. Please tell me where the government comes to your home, rouses you out of your bed, takes you to a sex partner, forces you to have sex , all under the penalty of jail or death if you do not.

But if you do: Newsflash and spoiler alert since there seems to be a lot of ignorance on this thread:

Sex makes babies.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:44 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My tax dollars go to welfare programs to take care of others. Fact.

I have to work to earn those dollars. Fact.

If I don't pay those dollars, the government would seize the fruits of my labor. Fact.

What is so confusing to you about this?
You do not have to work.
Everyone pays taxes that go for a variety of services. If it bothers you so much to pay federal income tax, dont work.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:47 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My tax dollars go to welfare programs to take care of others. Fact.

I have to work to earn those dollars. Fact.

If I don't pay those dollars, the government would seize the fruits of my labor. Fact.

What is so confusing to you about this?
Actually not fact. If you decided today to quit your job and never work another day, would the state insist you find a job and get your ass back to work? No. It would be legal for you to choose not to work. You have 100% control over what you (your body) does or does not do.

But, you’re ok with taking the choice of what her body does or does not do away from a pregnant woman.

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:

No.
She can put it up for adoption, leave it at a safe haven, dump it on relatives or let the state take it.

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:

Parents can and do give their born children up for adoption. The woman is not tasked with raising a child if she doesn't want to take on that responsibility. Also a woman can hire people to raise the children once born, so that she is not the only one responsible for its development. Doctors, teachers, child care workers, nurses, other family members, and parents either biological or adoptive, are all taking care of a child once born.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:00 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Parents can and do give their born children up for adoption. The woman is not tasked with raising a child if she doesn't want to take on that responsibility. Also a woman can hire people to raise the children once born, so that she is not the only one responsible for its development. Doctors, teachers, child care workers, nurses, other family members, and parents either biological or adoptive, are all taking care of a child once born.
No but God forbid when a mother leaves a baby at a safe haven inn states with safe haven laws. Arizona has them and often the articles are entirely negative on the mother dropping off baby at the firehouse because she can't be the mother for whatever reason.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:08 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
Pontius Pilate was pro choice.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies