Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 03:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yes. It is. If you have sex, you just may get pregnant. To pretend like it's not gonna ever happen to anyone is just astoundingly naive.

Babies are a possible outcome of sex. You do know that, right?

That sex can cause babies? Please tell me you understand that. Seriously.
She has me on ignore so she won't see my response, but this is exactly what I've been saying. Newtovenice believes that sex is for the purpose of procreation, and that is all it's for. She will never admit that women might be sexual beings who actually enjoy sex, because good little girls aren't supposed to do that. If they do enjoy it, then they deserve to get pregnant.

You can't argue with people who are brainwashed by religion. They aren't coming from a place of intelligence from which to have a conversation.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:26 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It's not just about the woman's body, its about the child's life as well. Yes I consider that child every bit a human as myself because that is what my religion teaches and yes my religion guides my vote and nobody can do a thing about that. The Bible is clear about this.

For me what PP does is morally no different than taking a gun and shooting a toddler in the head.
Yes, children are human. Fetuses aren't children. And no, it's not the same as shooting a toddler in the head.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bodies.
They had a choice..either procreate or keep your legs closed.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:29 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ding, ding, ding. You win the prize for most outrageous post today, lol. How many kids you got? So you should only have sex if you procreate. That's interesting. How about those who are infertile? So is that your MO? You plan on procreating every time you have sex? Thanks for making my day.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
How about, keep your mouth closed when it's none of your business?

Old 05-18-2019, 03:32 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And the 51% that were not having unprotected sex? Should they take a pregnancy test every time they have sex? But that won't work since they only work after you missed a period which could be weeks later. Then there are the many women that don't have a regular cycle, so they may not even realize they are pregnant until well after 6 weeks.
Is it really that hard for women to pay attention to their bodies? Women want autonomy in everything, but when it comes to taking responsibility for knowing that they are pregnant, suddenly they are incapable and need 20 weeks to figure it out.

Either women are capable, competent and are responsible for their own bodies, or they're not, but they can't have it both ways where they want control without responsibility. Law that forbids abortion after fetal heartbeat means nothing more than women taking more control of their bodies and responsibly making a timely decision.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:32 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, children are human. Fetuses aren't children. And no, it's not the same as shooting a toddler in the head.
Yes a fetus is a child. I don't know your religious background but I assume you are not a Christian and you do have the right not to be. But I personally believe the Bible and God says that this "fetus" is a human child. And that's what I form my views upon.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
That has been disproved again and again. Sigh. Facts.
Please link to these findings, because they are audited by the government regularly.

The GAO found that out of 9.5 million services 328,000 were for abortion. That audit was requested by the LA legislator David Vitter.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:35 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
MAGA!

Old 05-18-2019, 03:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Yes. It is. If you have sex, you just may get pregnant. To pretend like it's not gonna ever happen to anyone is just astoundingly naive.

Babies are a possible outcome of sex. You do know that, right?

That sex can cause babies? Please tell me you understand that. Seriously.
And if I drive I may get in a car wreck, but I get to choose what medical treatments I want after that car wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies