U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2019, 07:30 PM
 
8,664 posts, read 2,698,708 times
Reputation: 5316

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So true.

Every time i see that phrase "none of your business" as to why broads need to get an abortion, Its a nice way of saying "im a hoe bag who cant keep my legs closed"
Wow. Sounds to me you have larger issues here than abortion. So someone who is a victim of rape or incest should be blamed for not keeping their legs closed?

 
Old 05-18-2019, 07:38 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,763,396 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
Yeah, pretty stupid. No one likes abortion, therefore there are no pro-abortionists. It has everything to do with choice.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Reputation: 7953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Life has to be defined somehow, and a natural heartbeat is the measure that has been always used. The reality is that abortion is not banned, it is available to all women who are conscious enough to take responsibility for pregnancy and make a timely decision before there is a fetal heartbeat.

If six weeks is not enough time, how much time is reasonable for women to make critical decisions about their bodies and giving birth?
As long as it takes. A womans medical decisions are none of your business.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Various
1,069 posts, read 375,962 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

If you can convince pro-lifers that a fetus is not actually a person, they won’t have any reason to oppose abortion anymore. Unfortunately, you will probably have difficulty, because *religion* is usually the basis for their belief that a fetus is a person.
For some it is religion, for many it is science.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 07:47 PM
 
8,664 posts, read 2,698,708 times
Reputation: 5316
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yeah, pretty stupid. No one likes abortion, therefore there are no pro-abortionists. It has everything to do with choice.
Yeah, I don't know anyone who has looked forward with glee to having one. The people I know who've had one had a huge struggle with their decision.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 08:06 PM
 
14,586 posts, read 3,867,544 times
Reputation: 10640
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, I don't know anyone who has looked forward with glee to having one. The people I know who've had one had a huge struggle with their decision.
I probably know a lot of people who have had them. Yet there is not a SINGLE case where I really know. That is, I can't even say that a single person I know has had one.

Sorta like a lot of other things. None of my business unless I am directly involved. If, for some reason, my wife and I decided to terminate a preg. then I would know...

The "new right" certainly has not changed in their desire to listen to every word, heartbeat, check every bodily fluid (pee tests) and otherwise force control on any and every member of the populace...other than themselves.

Then they give it a name - Freedom. Small Government.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 08:15 PM
 
8,664 posts, read 2,698,708 times
Reputation: 5316
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I probably know a lot of people who have had them. Yet there is not a SINGLE case where I really know. That is, I can't even say that a single person I know has had one.

Sorta like a lot of other things. None of my business unless I am directly involved. If, for some reason, my wife and I decided to terminate a preg. then I would know...

The "new right" certainly has not changed in their desire to listen to every word, heartbeat, check every bodily fluid (pee tests) and otherwise force control on any and every member of the populace...other than themselves.

Then they give it a name - Freedom. Small Government.
Three of my closest friends I've ever had in my life had one. They were all devastated by the entire thing. One of them was the victim of rape.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Various
1,069 posts, read 375,962 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Sorta like a lot of other things. None of my business unless I am directly involved. If, for some reason, my wife and I decided to terminate a preg.
Man you are going against the pro-choice line with that inflammatory talk.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 08:18 PM
 
9,181 posts, read 9,156,037 times
Reputation: 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.
We're pro-choice.
They are anti-choice.
Don't get it twisted.
Well, "pro-choice" is just a contrived phrase to counter-act the conservative contrived phrase of "pro-life."
 
Old 05-18-2019, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Various
1,069 posts, read 375,962 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Three of my closest friends I've ever had in my life had one. They were all devastated by the entire thing. One of them was the victim of rape.
That's been my experience too, but there are plenty of people who aren't devastated. If you can stomach it, take a look at some of the pride and joy at having an abortion here:
https://shoutyourabortion.com/

Of course, plenty of the stories here too are experiences of sadness and devastation, but its not the only story which if further confirmed with a glance through social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top