U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 08:41 PM

8,548 posts, read 2,663,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
True, the land will be cleared out for the Rapture......don't all Christians somehow get teleported to israel before lift off?

I gotta read up again on the rapture.
Actually Jesus comes again on the Mt. of Olives and takes people up into the air to meet him. But you were close enough.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:47 PM

10,879 posts, read 4,777,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
They weren't going to Christian heaven anyway. So it's not a problem.
Is this that Christian morality? Only doing things you think are right as long as it gets you into heaven?

Tell me again about how atheists are intrinsically amoral.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:51 AM

1,791 posts, read 377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
To choose what?
Infanticide.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:26 AM

5,055 posts, read 2,026,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bodies.
Yep, and this too:

https://medium.com/s/can-we-talk/men...s-eb0e8288a7e5

Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 AM

1,241 posts, read 230,566 times
Quote:
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
Erm... Did you have a thought, stewed on it, then typed?

First, we are we. There is no they. There is no us vs. them.

EVERYONE wants common sense. I am pro-life. YET, the Alabama law is WAY WAY TOO harsh!

I want abortions to be for incest, rape, and the life of the mother. I want them to be used sparingly and in the most extreme need. Pro-Life people, ALL of us want exactly that! We do not want them to be on demand and Roe v Wade is supposed to be exactly that!

YOU and many of the "pro-choice" are the ones who have it twisted.

r v w NEVER intended that 50M babies would be aborted over 40 years. Think about that!

50M lives snuffed out.

This isn't about women's reproductive health, this is about 50M baby daddy's who don't give a crap about their children and the dumbass women who gladly throw it all away.

If the choice crowd cared about women they'd act like they give a crap, but they do not! It's trading innocent lives for cash, nothing more.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:32 AM

7,015 posts, read 2,098,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Actually Jesus comes again on the Mt. of Olives and takes people up into the air to meet him. But you were close enough.
It's like candidate X gets voted in. Your team wins!!!! Suddenly all is right with the world!!!! The savior will fix it for you !!!!

Old 05-19-2019, 06:36 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,971,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And what is your take on fertility clinics? They have fully fertilized eggs....100% that would turn into human beings, but they only put one back in.

Should every couple that gets help from a fertility clinic become an "onto-parent"?

What do you "know" about that?

I know that throwing my sperm away....and all those eggs my wife has tossed over the years....could have all created many more lives. Therefore, I "destroyed" all that potential. What do you "know" about that?

I explain you as someone who doesn't understand that we each could easily create 100's or thousands of human lives....

In 100 years you will be telling us when we scratch our skin and expel life cells...which will be able to be made into full copies of ourselves...that we are guilty of capital crimes.

Birth Control? You must know things about that. Isn't that ending many lives? Or many close chances at lives?

The Priests have spoken out against Birth Control for centuries....didn't you listen?

Under normal circumstances 40-60% of embryos fail to implant in the uterine wall, so it can't said with certainty that any specific discarded embryo would have implanted in the uterine wall.

The practice of IVF ought to nevertheless be banned.

No one is so genetically awesome that they can't adopt a child.

Save the tens of thousands of dollars that the fertility clinic will charge and use it to make some orphan's existence a little more tolerable

Old 05-19-2019, 07:15 AM

1,072 posts, read 251,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty much anything they wish with regards to their sexual life.

Everyone focusses on abortion, and kind of ignores what the Roe v Wade majority opinion actually did - find that there is in implicit right for individual autonomy - i.e., privacy - in the constitution, and that therefore abortion is a personal decision. But if you don't have blinders on, you can easily see that Roe v Wade has consequences far beyond abortion.

If SCOTUS does decide to overturn to Roe v Wade, then sooner or later, they will have to address this very huge issue. Because it WILL come up again. Americans are just too used to freedom in this area of life. That's why public opinion shifted decisively on gay people over the short span of 20 years.
Oh, so then pedophilia is enshrined in the constitution under the banner of "privacy." LOL. Maybe you like torturing animals as part of your individual autonomy.

Your BS interpretation of the constitution is nothing more than a leftist talking point and it won't stand with any judge with an IQ over 70.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:18 AM

1,072 posts, read 251,840 times
Quote:
Yep. Me neither.

All a man has to do is keep his semen from entering the uterus by using a condom. A woman has to go through a helluva lot more red tape to prevent unplanned pregnancy. Also, vasectomies are reversible.
Sorry, but responsibility lies with both participants.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:30 AM

2,065 posts, read 579,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Oh, so then pedophilia is enshrined in the constitution under the banner of "privacy." LOL. Maybe you like torturing animals as part of your individual autonomy.

Your BS interpretation of the constitution is nothing more than a leftist talking point and it won't stand with any judge with an IQ over 70.

Another so called "pro-lifer" who believes women's bodies, rights, and health should be subordinated to the protection of embryos, who then will argue that a child massacred at school is simply a casualty of their constitutional right to own an arsenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies