Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 10:21 AM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So what does it make people who won't take care of children who are already here? Is it pro-life until they're born, then you're on your on after you get here? Doesn't sound very pro-life or pro-human to me.
Different policy argument. We're talking about whether a woman has a right to kill her unborn child in utero.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are pro life, pro choice and pro human, unless that life choice and human happens to be a pregnant woman. Then you are pro forced gestation a birth.
These people say a prayer every time the flush the tissue paper down the toilet (male) or a tampon or similar in the trash.

They probably stand outside fertility clinics and weep for the 5 that weren't picked...to be implanted back in.

Or they don't.

Hey, religious leaders clearly said birth control and sex without reproduction is a sin....a BIG one. So these same people are often terrible sinners...or, they are "wanna be" sinners.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bodies.
Yes, but the person growing inside of them...is ANOTHER, separate person.

I saw a simple illustration recently, it showed a pregnant woman, with an arrow pointing to her, which said 'the womans body'...another arrow pointing at the baby inside her belly, which read, 'someone elses body'.

That seems pretty cut and dry to me!

Old 05-18-2019, 10:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So what does it make people who won't take care of children who are already here? Is it pro-life until they're born, then you're on your on after you get here? Doesn't sound very pro-life or pro-human to me.
You really need to get out more. You must hang with some losers.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:24 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Different policy argument. We're talking about whether a woman has a right to kill her unborn child in utero.
My point is people are screaming pro life! Pro human! So does life and being human stop once they get here? You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:25 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There’s the rub. Pro-lifers believe that a fetus is a real person with rights. They don’t accept the premise that a fetus is just part of the woman’s body.

If you can convince pro-lifers that a fetus is not actually a person, they won’t have any reason to oppose abortion anymore. Unfortunately, you will probably have difficulty, because *religion* is usually the basis for their belief that a fetus is a person.

I used to be pro-life myself, until I left religion. Then I realized that it was kind of silly to believe that a fetus was a person. Now I’m mostly pro-choice.
I am not remotely religious yet I know that when you have an abortion you are ending a human life. This is a scientific fact. How do you explain me?

Old 05-18-2019, 10:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
So that has nothing to do with whether society has the right to deny prenatal and maternal science and health care to said people?

That's fantastic. I am trying to understand the "conservative" mind, but all I get is the idea that everything is in tiny compartments and nothing relates to anything else.

Like "tax cuts" are NOT out of your children's money...they are just "money for you". The fact that they are out of deficit....that's another subject, right?

No. It's not.

The world graduated from simple thinking long ago. Heck, even computers use "relational" databases, meaning that without relating one thing to another, things simply do not compute.

Telling a woman or couple that they have to have their lead poisoned, rape created child but you are not going to solve the problems involved or pay for all of it....that's hypocritical to the max.

It's as if we are turning human society back many thousands of years...maybe longer. Heck, cave dwellers had more common sense.

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I am not remotely religious yet I know that when you have an abortion you are ending a human life. This is a scientific fact. How do you explain me?
Same here - I'm an agnostic. I don't need to be religious to know that killing babies is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You really need to get out more. You must hang with some losers.
What does my point have to do with hanging with losers or getting out more? Oh, you mean a child is important until it gets here. Got it.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Same here - I'm an agnostic. I don't need to be religious to know that killing babies is wrong.
So is not taking care of them once they get here. Or not providing them with healthcare. Why are people fighting Planned Parenthood so hard when they are trying to provide birth control to these same folks in order to prevent abortion? Me thinks some folks just don't have the ability to think this thing through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies