Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 03:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Women are the weaker gender that doesn't know when they are pregnant, and can't make decisions about whether to have an unwanted baby. Let's perpetuate the myth.
Somehow I quoted you my mistake.

Are you an OB-GYN? No. Are you a woman? No.

So you have no idea of what your talking about, so your pretty much over our head here.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:00 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Plenty of women can miraculously figure out that they are pregnant and make arrangements to terminate the pregnancy within 6 weeks of conception. Maybe they should share their secret with the women who can't seem to figure it out.
You seem to feel that "good" women can figure it out and "bad" women can't? That's one "righteous" tingle they must get!

Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
By all means - find some men to make decisions for you. That's history.

Real women prefer to take responsibility for their bodies and decisions regarding pregnancy. They do not make excuses for not knowing they are pregnant, or need several months to terminate a pregnancy. They are self-aware, they pay attention to their bodies, they know when something is different and they take action. They do not view people with differing view as misogynists, or male. They respect women and support their decisions even though they believe that life begins with a heartbeat at 6 weeks gestation.

Pure B.S. - "self aware". Tell me exactly what you know about bodies and pregnancy. Just because you could tell means nothing - you need to get outside your own mind and body -empathy, ya know.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
At 6 weeks pregnant a woman is only 1-2 weeks past her cycle date IF she has a regular cycle. Many women do not miss a period in the first trimester.
It's pointless to bother with this poster any more. He is ignorant, and he absolutely revels in his ignorance. He's never menstruated, but he's an expert on it. He's never been pregnant but he's an expert on that, too. He doesn't possess a uterus and has absolutely no clue what happens during a woman's monthly cycle, but believes he knows better than all the medical experts in the world.

Why? Because he's a man and therefore he knows everything. That's his belief and he is sticking to it.

I'd venture he is an incel or a MGTOW, which would explain his bitterness toward women. I can't imagine any woman wanting to be around such ignorant misogyny.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-19-2019 at 04:21 PM..

Old 05-19-2019, 04:15 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are you in favor of on demand abortion for any reason up to the second before birth?
Such abortions are unicorns, mythical inventions of the minds of anti-abortionists. No one is going to do them. Gosnell was an evil aberration.

Quote:
That is a very good question. Abortion is fine until 20 weeks gestation, and a premie can be viable at 22 weeks. Very little changes in those 2 weeks. It's really quite gruesome that abortion doctors are terminating such well developed fetuses. Could the problem with the law be that there was a bit of ignorance around the occurrence of a fetal heartbeat?

I am completely in favor of abortion in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy. I realize that most people have a black and white position on this: not at all, or whenever women figure it out, but women can and should be more responsible for their bodies. They should pay attention to pregnancy and act on an unwanted pregnancy immediately - regardless of how difficult that decision may be.
Do you think parents should be able to choose abortion of fetuses with severe birth defects incompatible with life that are not discovered until 20 weeks - or later?

Immediately for some women will be later than 6 weeks.

Quote:
Exactly! Women who do not want to be pregnant can easily terminate the pregnancy if they do two things. First, they have to take responsibility for their bodies and monitor whether they are accidentally pregnant, and second, they have to make that difficult decision to terminate in less than 6 weeks.

The majority of women are intelligent and responsible enough to figure out that they are pregnant and to know their mind regarding giving birth.
Quote:
Exactly. It is disgusting to suggest that normal, healthy, conscious self-aware women are incapable of figuring out that they are pregnant until after they are 6 weeks pregnant and 2 months after their last cycle. Women deserve more credit!
Many women, due to completely normal variations in menstrual cycle length, will not know they are pregnant until after 6 weeks. Why cannot you understand that? It is reproductive biology. Science.

The 6 weeks figure is gestational age (from the first day of last menstrual period in a theoretical 28 day cycle). Six weeks, not two months.The fetal heart may be visible at 4 weeks after conception, two weeks after a missed period. As others have pointed out, "heartbeat" laws essentially ban all abortions, because they ignore the logistics of suspicion of pregnancy and finding a provider who will perform the abortion.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:18 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
. As others have pointed out, "heartbeat" laws essentially ban all abortions, because they ignore the logistics of suspicion of pregnancy and finding a provider who will perform the abortion.
Nonsense. Find a provider = ten minute google search.

I search my medical insurance website all the time. Piece of cake.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nonsense. Find a provider = ten minute google search.

I search my medical insurance website all the time. Piece of cake.
In my state there is one provider. It can take weeks to get an appointment with just about any doctor. Even My GP can take a month to get an appointment, and there are hundreds of GPs in my state.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:52 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Now, in states where there might be one abortion provider left, getting an appointment might take a little longer than ten minutes. !

1 provider in state = low demand for services

Old 05-19-2019, 04:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
No, it means the Christian fundamentalist Taliban has done its work to assure women remain barefoot and pregnant in their state.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
No, 1 provider in my state means that the state has passed laws that prevent any others from opening. In fact they keep trying to pass laws that would close to only one left but keep getting shut down by the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies