U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
14,738 posts, read 13,251,868 times
Reputation: 4473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here's a fact: "Pro-choice" people want more abortions than "pro-life" people do. So calling pro-choice people pro-abortion is absolutely accurate. They don't like the accurate statement.
Nope. You're all out WRONG. How am I pro-abortion when I view a woman's unwanted pregnancy as none of my business? Would you accuse a pro life person as being pro abortion for being too afraid to stand in the entrance of an abortion clinic to block pregnant women from entering?

 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,125 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9810
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I donít understand those who identify as Pro Life and oppose spending on feeding, housing and educating children.

Then again, I do not understand males and females who engage in unprotected sex despite their own lack of emotional stability/ maturity and inability to take financial responsibility for the outcome.
Most people these days do actually have some sort of protected sex though. This can be an implant or the pill or the use of condoms.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Reputation: 7953
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, but the person growing inside of them...is ANOTHER, separate person.


I saw a simple illustration recently, it showed a pregnant woman, with an arrow pointing to her, which said 'the womans body'...another arrow pointing at the baby inside her belly, which read, 'someone elses body'.


That seems pretty cut and dry to me!
And no person is required to use their body to keep another alive.

Can I force you to give me bone marrow? Or a kidney? Or even blood? No, they you can not force me to use my body to keep another alive either.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:45 AM
 
10,635 posts, read 6,033,189 times
Reputation: 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here's a fact: "Pro-choice" people want more abortions than "pro-life" people do. So calling pro-choice people pro-abortion is absolutely accurate. They don't like the accurate statement.
By this logic, the "pro-life" people want to force every women in America who becomes pregnant to give birth, even if it is against their will. That's why the more accurate label for them is pro-forced birthers. Because that's exactly what they are advocating for.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Reputation: 7953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF a fetus is a human being - then child support should start at conception.

Birth certificates should be issued at conception.
Embryos and fetuses should be allowed to be claimed on taxes.
Life insurance should be allowed for fetuses.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:47 AM
 
2,151 posts, read 594,907 times
Reputation: 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That's your opinion not mine.

I believe that ALL children should be taken care of once born. PERIOD. If sorry mommy and daddy won't do it, we MUST.
So the Democrats who support legislation to do just what you believe can count on your vote, then? Wonderful, you have made a wise, compassionate and truly upstanding moral decision. The party that supports civil rights and women's rights will appreciate you and your constitutional right to your reproductive autonomy. And we won't be putting any children in cages either. Thanks! Blue appreciates you!
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,125 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9810
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here's a fact: "Pro-choice" people want more abortions than "pro-life" people do. So calling pro-choice people pro-abortion is absolutely accurate. They don't like the accurate statement.
By this aspect is it accurate to call pro-life believers who don't believe in Medicare for all if not CHIP, education spending, etc. pro-birth?
 
Old 05-18-2019, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,664 posts, read 3,168,645 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t understand those who identify as Pro Life and oppose spending on feeding, housing and educating children.

Then again, I do not understand males and females who engage in unprotected sex despite their own lack of emotional stability/ maturity and inability to take financial responsibility for the outcome.
This.

I'm left-leaning and, ultimately, I consider myself pro-choice. But I had a long-time friend who, back in our early 20s, had at least 2 abortions that I'm aware of. Her lack of a sense of responsibility permanently changed the way I felt about her as a person.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 05-18-2019 at 11:17 AM..
 
Old 05-18-2019, 11:08 AM
 
7,238 posts, read 2,147,586 times
Reputation: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
To choose what?
Abortion.

If someone says that they are prochoice, it means what? They approve of abortion.

There is no other reason to be prochoice.

I am prochoice for BC, motherhood, abstinence, and adoption. Absolutely 100%, go for it PRO CHOICE.

I disagree with abortion. Still think I am prochoice?
 
Old 05-18-2019, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,431 posts, read 17,670,605 times
Reputation: 17195
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's the talking points, sound bites and propaganda BS of language and only the dimmest of bulbs fall for it. The right wing has been using this garbage to manipulate the easily manipulated for decades.
Perfect answer and so true. I would rep ya but I got to spread the love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top