Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 02:35 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This is her non answer:

No where in that did I detect whether she supports abortion in cases of rape, incest, non viability or risk to mothers life. How about you? did I miss something here?
I did an advanced search with that user's name and nothing resembling an answer to the rape/incest question turned up.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:35 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Author and journalist Patrick S. Tomlinson challenged one of the central notions used by ‘pro-lifers’ that life begins at conception, and that therefore, a human embryo holds the same value as a human child.

Picture this:

You are in a fertility clinic when the fire alarm goes off. There is a deadly fire consuming the building.

Before you escape, you have the option to save either a five-year-old child who is pleading for help or a container of 1000 viable human embryos. Choose one:

A) save the child
B) save the thousand embryos

Of course the correct answer is to save the child.

A human child is worth more than a thousand embryos. Or ten thousand. Or a million. Because they are not the same, not morally, not ethically, not biologically.

No one actually believes life begins at conception. No one believes embryos are babies or children. Those who claim to are trying to manipulate and control women.
Picture this:

You are in a fertility clinic when the fire alarm goes off. There is a deadly fire consuming the building.

Before you escape, you have the option to save either a five-year-old child who is pleading for help or a six-year-old child who is pleading for help. Choose one:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the
six-year-old child

Of course the correct answer is to ...

Let's play again.

Picture this:

Before you escape, you have the option to save either a five-year-old child who is pleading for help or a 10-year-old child who is pleading for help. Choose one:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the 10
-year-old child

Who do you save?

And ... answer ...

Old 05-21-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
This is her non answer:

No where in that did I detect whether she supports abortion in cases of rape, incest, non viability or risk to mothers life. How about you? did I miss something here?
And activate ignore.

You've asked me that on every thread. and I have answered it multiple times. Buh bye. Thanks for playing.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:38 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Picture this:

Before you escape, you have the option to save either a five-year-old child who is pleading for help or a six-year-old child who is pleading for help. Choose one:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the
six-year-old child

Let's play again.

Picture this:

Before you escape, you have the option to save either a five-year-old child who is pleading for help or a 10-year-old child who is pleading for help. Choose one:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the 10
-year-old child

Who do you save?

And ... answer ...
It's unfortunate that you totally missed the point.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It's unfortunate that you totally missed the point.
I didn't miss the point.

You did.

That "illustration" has been torn apart by many. It's not a new scenario.

Here are others:

You're back in the burning building: You can only save your mom or your dad. CHOOSE!

Wait, you're on a lifeboat and 1 of 10 people need to be tossed to the sharks. DECIDE WHO IS CHUM!!

Old 05-21-2019, 02:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
I didn't miss the point.

You did.

That "illustration" has been torn apart by many. It's not a new scenario.

Here are others:

You're back in the burning building: You can only save your mom or your dad. CHOOSE!

Wait, you're on a lifeboat and 1 of 10 people need to be tossed to the sharks. DECIDE WHO IS CHUM!!
You are comparing living breathing people to other living breathing people.

Why not answer which you would prioritize between a living breathing child or 5000 frozen embryos?
Is it because you know that they aren't the same thing?

Old 05-21-2019, 02:54 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are comparing living breathing people to other living breathing people.

Why not answer which you would prioritize between a living breathing child or 5000 frozen embryos?
Is it because you know that they aren't the same thing?
Of course it's because she knows that. But I'm answering for her because she never will.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:59 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Then why are there so many that don't work? Who is forcing one to work?
Yes we have every right to object, good luck with that.
Political posturing is the only reason funding gets pulled for anything, not because someone objects.
I can't speak for others. If they don't work then they are either lazy, unable to or can't find a job. If one wants a decent life and are able to work then they should work. I never said that one or even a few objecting to how our taxes are spent will change things but on a grand scale it could.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:01 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Picture this:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the
six-year-old child

Let's play again.

Picture this:

A) save the
five-year-old child
B) save the 10
-year-old child

Who do you save?

And ... answer ...
I'll answer. In this tragic situation, I would save whichever one I thought I had the best chance of saving. If I could more easily carry the weight of the smaller one, that is who I would start with. If I had reasonable opportunity (especially if I were a firefighter with gear) I'd go back in a second time to try to save the other one. But I don't know of a firefighter anywhere who would risk his life to save a vial of fertilized eggs.

Ok. I answered your question with an answer. Your turn to do the same regarding the 5 year old vs the vial of fertilized eggs.

Are we putting money on her never answering?

Old 05-21-2019, 03:06 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
But babies are not being killed. You need to get over that. The scientific, medical and legal professions have defined viability of a fetus whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.
Regardless, that was an explanation as to why people will continue to have sex even though it could result in an unwanted pregnancy.
Do you support abortion in cases of rape or incest, non viable fetal anomalies, health of the mother?
Humans are being killed and that's just a fact. I'm on the fence about abortion for rape or incest. I'm really torn about that one in two different ways. Non-viable abnormalcies then I'd be ok with abortion and also if the mother's health is at risk by carrying a child and giving birth to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies