U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 11:00 AM

9,124 posts, read 5,625,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's only vague if you believe that a woman, after being pregnant for seven, eight, or nine months, wakes up and says, hey, I don't want this baby. I know, I could give it up for abortion, but really, I don't want to wait. I've got $30,000 sitting around doing nothing, and even more if necessary, because I'm going to have to dedicate myself to finding a doctor who will perform an abortion this late in the pregnancy and kill the fetus, rather than just deliver it. Because that makes so much sense.
What are you basing your comments on? What you THINK? What you think is happening isnít factual. Itís just blather.

Fact is, the average cost of a 1st Trimester abortion is $500, late 2nd Trimester abortion is $2,000. The majority of abortions occur in the first two trimesters, with a much lower number occurring in the Third, ostensibly because of laws which either prohibit, or severely restrict that practice.

Secondly, over 60% of all abortions involve women under the poverty line, and this is one of the main reasons cited for why they waited so long to get the procedure ... trying to raise the funds. Many claim they did not even realize they were pregnant until after the 12th week, then they take time to consider options, and identify what to do and where to go, and how to pay.

Based on the level of fetal development achieved by the 18th to 24th week, it is not uncommon (as testified to by clinic workers, and former abortion doctors) for aborted babies to come out alive, and moving. So this horrific situation isnít isolated to the 3rd Trimester. It routinely occurs in the 2nd.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:02 AM

40,169 posts, read 24,410,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is if that's your view. I've noticed younger and younger women spouting this nonsense. Just parroting it back.

Again:

More females in college than males
More females in medical school than males
More females in law school than males
More single female homeowners than single male homeowners
90% prisoners are male
90% to 95% of workplace deaths are male
87% of homicide victims are male
97% of all military deaths are male
Yes, women are changing our society. It is becoming less patriarchal. That doesn't mean that it is not patriarchal. Women didn't get to vote, they didn't get to control their money, their possessions, for centuries. Women have fought for those things. And yet here we are today, you and I, arguing whether women are smart enough, moral enough, and responsible enough to make decisions regarding their own bodies. That question is only raised in patriarchal societies.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Source?

Are you saying that they lie about services performed?
Maybe. Are you so naive that you think a D&C is only performed as miscarriage management?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 AM

7,295 posts, read 8,675,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I posted direct testimony of clinic workers that say otherwise.
Testimony is done under oath in a legal setting, subject to the laws of the jurisdiction and involving direct and cross examination.

Youtube videos do not count, nor are those considered "testimony" in a legal sense. Yes it does matter.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:19 AM

7,582 posts, read 2,242,294 times
Quote:
Yes, women are changing our society. It is becoming less patriarchal. That doesn't mean that it is not patriarchal. Women didn't get to vote, they didn't get to control their money, their possessions, for centuries. Women have fought for those things. And yet here we are today, you and I, arguing whether women are smart enough, moral enough, and responsible enough to make decisions regarding their own bodies. That question is only raised in patriarchal societies.
It's 2019.

Women have the same rights as men, and in a lot of cases, get a better deal than men do.

To pretend otherwise is dishonest. And if THAT is how you live your life? I'm sorry. Mine has nothing to do with living in a time where women didn't vote.

Also? Women didn't WANT the right to vote. They didn't want to serve. Basic history 101.

PS. Women can do ANYTHING they want with their OWN bodies.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:19 AM

7,295 posts, read 8,675,219 times
Here's the reality:

There will *never* be agreement on this issue.

Those who are against any cessation once an egg has been fertilized will never think it's ok for cessation to do be done by a fellow human, including the human carrying the egg. Obviously they can't control Mother Nature (but not for lack of trying). There is no argument whatsoever that will persuade them.

And those who are pro-choice will always see the issue as one that does and should occur between a woman and her doctor, in privacy, and is not something they or the government can or should control beyond existing limitations already in place.

So why even bother arguing?

I mean, let's say you can convince a few people on the Interwebs -- what exactly does that get you?

This issue is one fought in the courts and specifically fought at the federal court level. Why waste any time arguing with people online?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:23 AM

7,582 posts, read 2,242,294 times
Quote:
Maybe. Are you so naive that you think a D&C is only performed as miscarriage management?
What source do you have for OB-GYNS performing abortions and lying about it for medical history and billing purposes?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 AM

21,959 posts, read 21,769,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Here's the reality:

There will *never* be agreement on this issue.

Those who are against any cessation once an egg has been fertilized will never think it's ok for cessation to do be done by a fellow human, including the human carrying the egg. Obviously they can't control Mother Nature (but not for lack of trying). There is no argument whatsoever that will persuade them.

And those who are pro-choice will always see the issue as one that does and should occur between a woman and her doctor, in privacy, and is not something they or the government can or should control beyond existing limitations already in place.

So why even bother arguing?

I mean, let's say you can convince a few people on the Interwebs -- what exactly does that get you?

This issue is one fought in the courts and specifically fought at the federal court level. Why waste any time arguing with people online?
Because humans enjoy debate.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
It's 2019.

Women have the same rights as men, and in a lot of cases, get a better deal than men do.

To pretend otherwise is dishonest. And if THAT is how you live your life? I'm sorry. Mine has nothing to do with living in a time where women didn't vote.

Also? Women didn't WANT the right to vote. They didn't want to serve. Basic history 101.

PS. Women can do ANYTHING they want with their OWN bodies.
It's 2019. And we are arguing about whether a woman should be able to make decisions regarding her own body. Your PS is BS as long as legislatures are passing laws controlling what decisions women can make regarding their own bodies.

And I believe Susan B Anthony would disagree with you about women wanting suffrage.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
What source do you have for OB-GYNS performing abortions and lying about it for medical history and billing purposes?
Trust me.

And no, darling, I'm not going to share details with you. This is a public forum. I live in Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies