Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is hilarious. You have no clue what a neural pathway is, or how one cannot experience pain without one, but you think that somehow you are qualified to make medical decisions for women.

Know your intellectual limitations, 4dognight, because everyone reading this thread sure knows that with this statement, you are in way over your intellectual capacity here.

I know what scientist have called neural pathways. God calls it His creation and says he knew us before we were born.

Who are you going to believe, God or man?

Old 05-18-2019, 02:22 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Still making the same argument, I see. Women are only permitted to have sex because their role is baby maker. MAGA!

As a whole, society recognizes that sex is a normal part of a relationship between a loving couple. And as a healthy part of a relationship, when two people have sex the intent and purpose can be for mutual enjoyment and emotional bonding. Pregnancy is not the intent nor is it consented to in this situation. If sex were really only about procreation, then we would not allow men to get vasectomies, birth control would be illegal, and sex by menopausal women would be forbidden. Society has set the standard that sex can be for the enjoyment of the two participating, and as such sex and consent to pregnancy are not the same thing.
I want all of you libs to have all the abortions you want.

More abortions = less liberals

Old 05-18-2019, 02:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Still making the same argument, I see. Women are only permitted to have sex because their role is baby maker. MAGA!

As a whole, society recognizes that sex is a normal part of a relationship between a loving couple. And as a healthy part of a relationship, when two people have sex the intent and purpose can be for mutual enjoyment and emotional bonding. Pregnancy is not the intent nor is it consented to in this situation. If sex were really only about procreation, then we would not allow men to get vasectomies, birth control would be illegal, and sex by menopausal women would be forbidden. Society has set the standard that sex can be for the enjoyment of the two participating, and as such sex and consent to pregnancy are not the same thing.
I think the two most prolific force-birthers here on C-D--newtovenice and Janelle--are Catholic women, so it makes perfect sense that they think sex is only for procreation. The Catholic Church teaches little girls that only bad girls like sex. Good girls endure it for the sake of their menfolk, and also to put butts in the pews and support the Catholic schools and parishes. (I was born and raised in the Catholic Church, so I have first-hand experience with this.)

When you put it in that light, all of her posts here suddenly make much more sense.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I know what scientist have called neural pathways. God calls it His creation and says he knew us before we were born.

Who are you going to believe, God or man?

Well, I'm certainly not going to believe a "God" who has no understanding of basic human anatomy.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:26 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
They call it "pro-life" because it sounds better than "anti-woman" which it is their true agenda.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:31 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think the two most prolific force-birthers here on C-D--newtovenice and Janelle--are Catholic women, so it makes perfect sense that they think sex is only for procreation. The Catholic Church teaches little girls that only bad girls like sex. Good girls endure it for the sake of their menfolk, and also to put butts in the pews and support the Catholic schools and parishes. (I was born and raised in the Catholic Church, so I have first-hand experience with this.)

When you put it in that light, all of her posts here suddenly make much more sense.
Fellow Catholic survivor, here(12 years of parochial school and nuns in the 50s and 60s)....throw in being of melancholic Irish descent and the hair-shirted guilt for plain old existing may still get me

Old 05-18-2019, 02:34 PM

884 posts, read 622,450 times
I have noticed on this thread that 'pro life' posters seem to label anyone who is 'pro choice' as a liberal and/or Democrat.

I've known Republicans who are 'pro choice' and Democrats who aren't.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11luke1 View Post
I wonder how many of these "pro lifers" are for the death penalty ? Matter of fact I wonder how many of these "pro lifers" are for increased taxes for orphanages, medical costs and more.
i wonder how many proabortioners like chocolate ice cream. Huh.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They call it "pro-life" because it sounds better than "anti-woman" which it is their true agenda.
about 50% of aborted babies are female. I can't see how that makes any prolifer anti-female. We also care about the mothers, and care about the ones who regret having an abortion, as well as those who do get an abortion. They need help too

Not much compassion for those who regret an abortion from the prochoice side. /shrug/
Seems like the only goal is abortions. After that. Pfffft. Proabortioners are out the door. No compassion for anyone at all.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:52 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
I have noticed on this thread that 'pro life' posters seem to label anyone who is 'pro choice' as a liberal and/or Democrat.

I've known Republicans who are 'pro choice' and Democrats who aren't.
You are correct. This Democrat has removed her sarcastic MAGA comment in a prior post. Thank you.

The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights and it should not be a partisan issue. For sure there are people on each side of our political aisle who disagree with the slippery slope that some in the GOP are skating on. Indeed there are women and men of the Republican persuasion who disagree with government forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. They understand the importance of maintaining reproductive autonomy and the dangers of the assault on Roe v Wade as much as progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies