Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 02:17 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Mysogenist thinking is that women are objects who are incapable of taking responsibility for their bodies; too feeble minded to realize that they are pregnant.

Women are strong, intelligent, responsible and completely capable of knowing that they are pregnant and making decisions about that pregnancy in 1.5 rather than 5 months.
We get it. You want to control women.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:19 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe thoughts and prayers will work. It seems to be working just fine for those helpless young in school shootings.
Perhaps you do not understand common sense nor morality.

No one claims it is moral or legal to shoot helpless people, school zone or not.
But proponents of "choice" / "abortion" are arguing that it is legal to destroy helpless life.
. . .
FETICIDE - an abortion, specifically, the killing of a fetus. One who kills a fetus. The act of destroying a fetus or causing an abortion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath
“... I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy.” (Variation 1)
“... I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.” (Variation 2)
Abortion doctors are “oath breakers.”
. . .
"All those who wish they weren't aborted - please raise your hand!"
[crickets chirping]
. . .
BEST ARGUMENT against “Pro-Choice” and the “Right of Privacy” to kill unborn children:
“You can’t force a surgeon to perform a surgery, but once they’re in the middle of it, they can’t just stop and walk away, letting the person die. Likewise, you can’t force a daycare professional to show up at work, but once she’s there, she can’t just leave the children unattended because she doesn’t want to work anymore - it’s child abandonment. In both cases, your action has caused someone to be dependent upon you and you are responsible for that dependent. Pregnancy is no different. The child has a right to your body because you made that child dependent on you.”
- - - H.C. Douglas
= = =
Once your actions make a helpless life dependent upon you, you have no choice nor right to terminate it.
- - - - <> - - - -
WAR ON WOMEN?

The Biggest Killer in the U.S.A. in 2015:
Abortion - 1,077,548

This makes women the most dangerous people in the United States, they kill for a matter of convenience.

Don’t talk to me about a “war on women.”

Old 05-19-2019, 02:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
I have to also conclude that you are an ignorant man who thinks he knows what it's like to be a pregnant woman, and who actually believes that women are too mentally incompetent to figure out whether they are pregnant.

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out whether they are pregnant.
What?

https://www.health.com/pregnancy/pre...nd-not-know-it

Old 05-19-2019, 02:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
I have to also conclude that you are an ignorant man who thinks he knows what it's like to be a pregnant woman, and who actually believes that women are too mentally incompetent to figure out whether they are pregnant.

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out how to manage pregnancy.
I'm a women who has had an abortion and who also gave birth to two children. And who menstruated for some 40 plus years of my life. That makes me one thousand times the expert on these subject matters than you will ever hope to be.

Try again.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
And when its not the correct choice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bdies.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
And when its not the correct choice....
Hey, you know what's best for a lady You are superior!

Old 05-19-2019, 02:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out how to manage pregnancy.
I can't believe you don't understand that six weeks is too soon. Five weeks is the earliest a woman may know she is pregnant if she has a regular 21-35 day cycle. If she don't which isn't that uncommon whether based on stress levels, medicine or weight changes; she would be entirely SOL. If the woman cannot get an appointment or see a doctor (in Missouri they have one clinic and a three day hold on abortions) so once they know they would need to get an appointment ASAP. It just isn't practical and realistic. I'd be fine with a 10 week abortion limit barring cases of rape, incest or welfare of the mother.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:57 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I can't believe you don't understand that six weeks is too soon. Five weeks is the earliest a woman may know she is pregnant if she has a regular 21-35 day cycle. If she don't which isn't that uncommon whether based on stress levels, medicine or weight changes; she would be entirely SOL. If the woman cannot get an appointment or see a doctor (in Missouri they have one clinic and a three day hold on abortions) so once they know they would need to get an appointment ASAP. It just isn't practical and realistic. I'd be fine with a 10 week abortion limit barring cases of rape, incest or welfare of the mother.
If six weeks is too soon, why do women have abortions at 6 weeks? It certainly isn't because of appointment availability.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:01 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Here is what I am not understanding. Why not just take the morning after pill the next day after the sex which will cost a lot less, rather than waiting and than having to deal with an abortion and all the red tape that comes with it? Why not just take the easy way out?
Because some women are already on BC and don't know it failed until long after the morning after pill is no longer effective. It's also expensive if you are planning on taking it every time you have sex.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Here is what I am not understanding. Why not just take the morning after pill the next day after the sex which will cost a lot less, rather than waiting and than having to deal with an abortion and all the red tape that comes with it? Why not just take the easy way out?
Why not wear a condom? Why place all the responsibility on the woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies