U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 04:44 PM

10,723 posts, read 4,012,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, i want to be affected, and I want to be told how you plan to make this situation more palpable to me and mine. What’s in store?

I’m unafraid, so there’s no need to keep this from me. If you think the effect will be good for me (working under the assumption that you want what’s good for all of us and you’d never do anything injurious to a fellow American), then let me know what I’m in store for.
For one thing, you will be deprived of the ability to strut around celebrating because your comrades have been victorious and the people are cheering them. None of that is happening.

And that is good for America, Americans and the world, whether you realize it, whether you accept it, whether you understand it, or whether you like it, or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 04:45 PM

50,515 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
For one thing, you will be deprived of the ability to strut around celebrating because your comrades have been victorious and the people are cheering them. None of that is happening.
Thatís all? Thatís what this is all about? Iím disappointed. I really thought you had something to say.

Hell, I root for several losing sports teams. I cry (figuratively) in my beer all the time. Youíre not really bringing anything new to my table.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:49 PM

13,645 posts, read 8,559,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor
I sincerely hope the Democrats don't notice, but Labor lost the elections running heavily on..... climate change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Shows that ignorance is universal not just in the U.S.
Ignorance is demonstrated when voters believe that electing one Australian instead of another will make any difference at all to the climate.
Australia ranks 235th (out of 241) in population density.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:10 PM

6,287 posts, read 6,670,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And when they lost, blamed it on the Russians.
Man, those Russians get around.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Thatís all? Thatís what this is all about? Iím disappointed. I really thought you had something to say.

Hell, I root for several losing sports teams. I cry (figuratively) in my beer all the time. Youíre not really bringing anything new to my table.
No. It is about people standing up for their best interests against an incredibly corrupt, selfish and destructive globalist left establishment elite and enjoying at least some level of success doing that.

You insisted on trying to make it all about you, by asking how "you" would be affected. That was never really all that important. Except to you of course.

Just FYI: Everything is not all about you. Nor should it be.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:13 PM

8,872 posts, read 2,754,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Ignorance is demonstrated when voters believe that electing one Australian instead of another will make any difference at all to the climate.
Australia ranks 235th (out of 241) in population density.
Well, can't argue with that.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:33 PM

50,515 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No. It is about people standing up for their best interests against an incredibly corrupt, selfish and destructive globalist left establishment elite and enjoying at least some level of success doing that.

You insisted on trying to make it all about you, by asking how "you" would be affected. That was never really all that important. Except to you of course.

Just FYI: Everything is not all about you. Nor should it be.
You really couldnít prove anything. I asked you to explain how this Australian election made any real difference to the lives of the average American, and you boldly pronounced that weíd all be affected by it. You practically promised it.

When I asked you to be more specific, all the air went out of your pronouncement. Something about not being able to cheer for my comrades any longer. Hell, YOU donít even believe that! But I guess it was a good face saving measure seeing as how you couldnít really articulate anything specific about the significance of the right winning an Aussie election.

Maybe you should avoid making bold comments prognosticating about how weíll all feel the wrath of the right. Your username suggests this fierce intrepidity, but in reality, youíre coming up pretty short.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:26 PM

21,525 posts, read 14,346,985 times
Quote:
So how will I be affected? What’s gonna happen to me and my ilk?
When a liberal party wins an election in Europe, maybe we should dredge up his thread and post the details. Remind him of how it's going to change the world.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:44 PM

18,453 posts, read 9,554,421 times
The Leftists control the media and polling industry...so you have to consider all polls an attempt to promote the liberal agenda...but they are still losing everywhere and it's a beautiful thing to behold.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
When a liberal party wins an election in Europe, maybe we should dredge up his thread and post the details. Remind him of how it's going to change the world.
Leftist party, you mean. Leftists are not liberals (Liberal coming from the same root word as the wordd liberty).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies