U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2019, 11:21 AM

224 posts, read 43,796 times

Advertisements

I don't think that President Trump has done anything for Blacks specifically. He has done a lot for the US as a whole though, and that benefits Blacks as well as other Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 11:36 AM

47,509 posts, read 45,212,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
I don't think that President Trump has done anything for Blacks specifically. He has done a lot for the US as a whole though, and that benefits Blacks as well as other Americans.
I tend to disagree. I don't see much of what Trump has done for the USA. Unemployment rates were dropping since 2012. Blacks, however, are the only group to see their unemployment rates go back up in 2018-2019.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I tend to disagree. I don't see much of what Trump has done for the USA. Unemployment rates were dropping since 2012. Blacks, however, are the only group to see their unemployment rates go back up in 2018-2019.
Probably because you live in the US. Looking at it from abroad, Trump has given back hope, enthusiasm and a positive energy.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Probably because you live in the US. Looking at it from abroad, Trump has given back hope, enthusiasm and a positive energy.
Well, being in the USA, I'm right where the action is. The best way to see it is within the USA. For that reason, I feel like I'm in a better position to understand what's going on. I don't see much hope and positive energy from Trump. All I see is a man who has made very bigoted comments and resonates well with those who are very crass.

List of comments he has made:

"Look at my African-American over there" regarding a Black person who happened to be at a Trump rally.

"Blacks are too stupid to vote for me" (actually, his lawyer said that Trump said this. Since Trump has not denied it or challenged it, I assume that he said this).

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"

Trump retweeted a Neo-Nazi tweet that made some very falsified claims about Black crime. Other bigoted tweeting that Trump was involved in, below:
Donald Trump's Social Media Ties to White Supremacists
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...icide-victims/

I don't see how he has restored any hope or positive energy. Who has he restored hope to? Not me. Not to the Black people that I'm around.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:07 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,964,622 times
Quote:
You're drunk.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:10 PM

13,915 posts, read 6,329,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess it just doesn’t matter for some people that no matter how much you try help them...They just don’t care give a dam....they’re more into identity politics... it just shows sad state of affairs we’re living in these times...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-bl...ating-to-biden
Remind us, what has trump done?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You're drunk.
Not at all.
Just because you obviously disagree with my statement doesn't mean I'm drunk or mentally ill.

I don't live in the USA and can guarantee you that Mr Trump is very popular in my country.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Not at all.
Just because you obviously disagree with my statement doesn't mean I'm drunk or mentally ill.

I don't live in the USA and can guarantee you that Mr Trump is very popular in my country.
Trump is popular in Israel. He is also popular in Russia. He isn't popular with Black Americans, and that is what matters the most. I live right here in the US of A. What matters most to me is what happens to me right where I live. No, I don't think you're drunk or mentally ill. I think you just don't get it. What matters to me the most is what I have to deal with right here in this country as a Black man. Until that can be answered, nothing else matters as far as this particular discussion is concerned. That is what THIS THREAD is about.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:25 PM

1,274 posts, read 251,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump is popular in Israel. He is also popular in Russia. He isn't popular with Black Americans, and that is what matters the most. I live right here in the US of A. What matters most to me is what happens to me right where I live. No, I don't think you're drunk or mentally ill. I think you just don't get it. What matters to me the most is what I have to deal with right here in this country as a Black man. Until that can be answered, nothing else matters as far as this particular discussion is concerned. That is what THIS THREAD is about.
You are not the spokesperson for Black Americans. Unless you're trying to argue that all Black Americans think like you do. Which wouldn't surprise me coming from a liberal.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You are not the spokesperson for Black Americans. Unless you're trying to argue that all Black Americans think like you do. Which wouldn't surprise me coming from a liberal.
I have more authority on the subject than you do. How many Black Americans are you around each day?

And you don't know what political slant I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies