U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2019, 03:02 PM
 
18,834 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Reputation: 5286

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!






https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876
What is this asinine crap?

Do you even remotely understand trade? How is this in anyway bad for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2019, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,414,501 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What is this asinine crap?

Do you even remotely understand trade? How is this in anyway bad for us?
Trump sure doesn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 04:44 PM
 
18,834 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Trump sure doesn't
Really? Why is he doing what every past president should have done but failed to do since 1982?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,414,501 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Really? Why is he doing what every past president should have done but failed to do since 1982?
Yes, 25% sales tax on the american consumer. MAGA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 04:57 PM
 
18,834 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Yes, 25% sales tax on the american consumer. MAGA!
1. The consumers only have to pay if they choose to. Thatís the beauty of sales tax.
2. Some manufacturers will absorb this cost.
3. Some importers will absorb this cost.

The whole idea of tariff is a mean to an end. How else can you bring China to the negotiation table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,414,501 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
1. The consumers only have to pay if they choose to. Thatís the beauty of sales tax.
2. Some manufacturers will absorb this cost.
3. Some importers will absorb this cost.

The whole idea of tariff is a mean to an end. How else can you bring China to the negotiation table?
Better question, how many businesses will be bankrupt and United States citizens unemployed before that happens? HINT: China doesn't have elections. Biden will fix Trump's mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 PM
 
18,834 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Better question, how many businesses will be bankrupt and United States citizens unemployed before that happens? HINT: China doesn't have elections. Biden will fix Trump's mess.
Even better question, how many businesses have gone bankrupt because China has been stealing our technology and imposed high tariff on our products for like 40 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 05:45 PM
 
18,834 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Better question, how many businesses will be bankrupt and United States citizens unemployed before that happens? HINT: China doesn't have elections. Biden will fix Trump's mess.
Even better question, how many people would the businesses hire if China stops stealing our technology, opens its market, and reduces its tariff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,414,501 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Even better question, how many businesses have gone bankrupt because China has been stealing our technology and imposed high tariff on our products for like 40 years?
Yes, lets risk a depression and permanent economic collapse for a hypothetical factless question 150+ more countries to punish our businesses and consumers with. You and Trump are on a roll!! May double the United States retail losses to 14,000 this year with that mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,702,109 times
Reputation: 7169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Open borders keep the cartels alive.

Now if we only knew who wanted open borders.....

Hmmm.....
NO, the tough US drug laws keep the cartels alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top