U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2019, 11:25 PM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,696,917 times
Reputation: 7163

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
So in hindsight Trump's policies are now funding the drug cartels. idiocracy strikes again!
Oh no, this has been going on for many years before Trump was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2019, 11:39 PM
 
Location: USA
19,707 posts, read 14,688,921 times
Reputation: 12730
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Companies will bring back those manufacturing jobs to the USA eventually as automation and robotics technology improves.



I have no issue with jobs going to Mexico from China and neither should Trumpers. Mexico does not steal technology, and the more jobs in Mexico means less migration from Mexico to the USA. A prosperous Mexico is in everyone's interest.
Touche' our trade Imbalance with Mexico was 63 billion in 2017. China was roughly 400 billion the same year. We export twice as much to Mexico as we do China. Mexico is a far better trading partner, and we don't have ships sailing 1/2 way around the world to deliver products.

Trade with China is bad for US businesses, bad for US jobs, and Terrible for the global environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 03:32 AM
 
3,998 posts, read 1,217,678 times
Reputation: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I know of a few factory owners who have moved production to mexico recently from here in China.
You know, not just one but a few factory owners. And they uprooted from China and set up new factories in Mexico. Makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 05:00 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
9,941 posts, read 8,073,510 times
Reputation: 4200
I always want US factories.

If I cannot have it made here, I would MUCH rather have it made in Mexico than China.
1) Keeps Mexicans home and increases their economy.
2) Mexico does not have any missiles aimed at us and is not trying to take over the South China Sea.
3) Mexico imports to exports. 1.24 to 1 China 4.49 to 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,236 posts, read 19,282,093 times
Reputation: 20848
Talking Trumpís Trade War Is Making Mexico Great

The Law of Unintended Consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!


https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876

With all that new prosperity south of the border, does this mean the "stable genius" now has a plan for Mexico to pay for his wall?

Don't bet on it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHPAJCNJhHk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Washington State
18,487 posts, read 9,567,372 times
Reputation: 15768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!






https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876
Wow, Making Mexico and America Great!!!!!!!! Mexico really needed Trump, they should give him a grande muchas gracias!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 07:38 AM
 
18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Wow, Making Mexico and America Great!!!!!!!! Mexico really needed Trump, they should give him a grande muchas gracias!!!!!
Haar! Trump arbitrarily served notice he was scrapping NAFTA; Canada and Mexico renegotiated to their end result of Trump not getting his demand of dispute resolution being solely within the U.S. purview, not getting his demand the deal be open for a re-do every 6 months, automotive content being raised for N.American, which benefits both Canada and Mexico producers and you're claiming Trump was the author of a book written by others.


Today he's desperate to keep the American farmers in his pocket so he claims victory on their behalf for having the retaliatory tariffs imposed by Canada on their products removed. Ya gotta love the obvious flailing this azzclown does. He removes the tariffs he imposed upon Canada's steel and aluminum by admitting Canada did not and does not present a security risk, and, as promised in discussions, Canada responds by removing the retaliatory tariffs on farmed goods from the U.S. that were put in place only because he imposed tariffs upon Canadian steel and aluminum. He then claims victory for the farmers when it was he that placed them in the gunsights in the first place.

He knows the hurt China is laying upon his farmer voters is going to continue to cost them dearly and desperately needs to show them a win...even if it's Canada's win.

Are Americans really stupid enough to swallow this obvious bullcrap from him? Sorry, a rhetorical ...Ö my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 AM
 
18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Wow, Making Mexico and America Great!!!!!!!! Mexico really needed Trump, they should give him a grande muchas gracias!!!!!
Instead; they're laughing their collective azzes off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,887 posts, read 21,715,556 times
Reputation: 21481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!






https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876
You realize US manufactures have been moving production to Mexico for the last 15-20 years, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 01:16 PM
 
Location: USA
19,707 posts, read 14,688,921 times
Reputation: 12730
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haar! Trump arbitrarily served notice he was scrapping NAFTA; Canada and Mexico renegotiated to their end result of Trump not getting his demand of dispute resolution being solely within the U.S. purview, not getting his demand the deal be open for a re-do every 6 months, automotive content being raised for N.American, which benefits both Canada and Mexico producers and you're claiming Trump was the author of a book written by others.


Today he's desperate to keep the American farmers in his pocket so he claims victory on their behalf for having the retaliatory tariffs imposed by Canada on their products removed. Ya gotta love the obvious flailing this azzclown does. He removes the tariffs he imposed upon Canada's steel and aluminum by admitting Canada did not and does not present a security risk, and, as promised in discussions, Canada responds by removing the retaliatory tariffs on farmed goods from the U.S. that were put in place only because he imposed tariffs upon Canadian steel and aluminum. He then claims victory for the farmers when it was he that placed them in the gunsights in the first place.

He knows the hurt China is laying upon his farmer voters is going to continue to cost them dearly and desperately needs to show them a win...even if it's Canada's win.

Are Americans really stupid enough to swallow this obvious bullcrap from him? Sorry, a rhetorical ...… my bad.
Must explain why our economy is doing so poorly Maybe Barrack will come back and save us from Trump, with his Advisors Louis Farrakhan and Bill Ayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top