U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:54 AM

3,680 posts, read 1,399,862 times

Advertisements

#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!

Quote:
If high tariffs persuade manufacturers to leave China, they wonít move to the United States. Thereís a much cheaper option next door.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 10:57 AM

9,752 posts, read 13,303,108 times
I know of a few factory owners who have moved production to mexico recently from here in China.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:58 AM

14,079 posts, read 8,982,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
#MMGA in full effect! Thanks Trump!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...o-great-226876
Trump and his supporters are under the delusions that magically all these companies are going to hop across the pond and comeback to the states.

People also tend to forget that the companies that are still here rely on parts from overseas.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump and his supporters are under the delusions that magically all these companies are going to hop across the pond and comeback to the states.
they seem to forget there are 195 countries in the world.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:07 AM

26,184 posts, read 8,913,327 times
Trump has the Midas Touch !!!

Mexico trade official hits Dems for opposition to new NAFTA | TheHill
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/t...n-to-new-nafta

Mexico’s Senate this week approved a sweeping package that focuses on labor law enforcement in the country.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM

6,419 posts, read 2,733,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

People also tend to forget that the companies that are still here rely on parts from overseas.

Companies will bring back those manufacturing jobs to the USA eventually as automation and robotics technology improves.

I have no issue with jobs going to Mexico from China and neither should Trumpers. Mexico does not steal technology, and the more jobs in Mexico means less migration from Mexico to the USA. A prosperous Mexico is in everyone's interest.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Companies will bring back those manufacturing jobs to the USA eventually as automation and robotics technology improves.

I have no issue with jobs going to Mexico from China and neither should Trumpers. Mexico does not steal technology, and the more jobs in Mexico means less migration from Mexico to the USA. A prosperous Mexico is in everyone's interest.
I had to read that a few times Robot jobs matter

Old 05-19-2019, 11:13 AM

14,079 posts, read 8,982,424 times
Quote:

I donít see them coming back here because they are paying so little in taxes overseas.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:16 AM

6,419 posts, read 2,733,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I had to read that a few times Robot jobs matter

I should not have deleted my explanation for that comment. But since you asked here it is with my deleted following comments.

Companies will bring back those manufacturing jobs to the USA eventually as automation and robotics technology improves. These manufacturing jobs will be fewer but will be higher paying. Robotics will change the nature of manufacturing in the USA as well as around the world. It is where the world is heading.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:15 PM

12,663 posts, read 13,959,392 times
Good. The illegals will stop coming here, opting to work in Mexican factories instead. A win-win for all. America will have manufacturing, Mexico will have manufacturing, and Canada will have manufacturing, all working together instead of in direct competition. Everybody wins (except liberals who depend on illegals for social engineering projects and support for their insane agenda). NAFTA will work as it was intended for a change, instead of making greedy anti American business folk rich by exporting jobs to a communist nation that doesn't respect intellectual property rights and patents.

Quote:
I should not have deleted my explanation for that comment. But since you asked here it is with my deleted following comments.

Companies will bring back those manufacturing jobs to the USA eventually as automation and robotics technology improves. These manufacturing jobs will be fewer but will be higher paying. Robotics will change the nature of manufacturing in the USA as well as around the world. It is where the world is heading.

Automation is not exclusive to America. They have this technology around the world. At the end of the day, cheap labor is still an advantage. No worries, because America can still make these robots and innovate in the field of automation. These are the jobs we are supposed to be chasing, not the equivalent of burger flipping manufacturing jobs. If our education system wasn't broken, we would be producing tons of candidates for these jobs, instead of excess numbers of women's studies and basket weaving grads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or