Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:17 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Last week the lefties were talking like they were ready to recommend Pete for the Silver Star like he was some hardened combat vet who engaged in hand to hand combat with the enemy and went through hell everyday.
Point out where I said anything of the kind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 01:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Point out where I said anything of the kind
I never accused you of anything, point out where I did.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:32 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
I never accused you of anything, point out where I did.
But yet you quoted me seemingly as if to say anyone to the left of you all think the same way and believe the same thing which is certainly not the case. I don't think Mayor Pete is going to win the nomination, but keep downplaying his status as a candidate and see where that gets you.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:30 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
FOX is just to present both sides as fairly as possible, and nothing more. I wouldn't get my underwear in a bunch just because a Democrat nobody is going on to do a town hall. FOX will be just fine, and conservatives will still have an overwhelming advantage next year.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Leftist FNC, Chris Wallace town hall for D. Pete Buttigieg tonight in once a Democratic stronghold now up for grabs.

So who is Chris Wallace ? A nobody...….

Who is Pete Buttigieg ? A nobody...……..

And where in the he$$ is Claremont, N.H. ? Get a map or read the link !!!

Buttigieg town hall being held in one-time Democratic stronghold now
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/but...tic-stronghold
I do not consider Wallace a liberal by any means, certainly not like his father. I think of him as leaning slightly left but a great interviewer. I did watch the town hall meeting last night with mixed feelings. I think Pete is a great speaker but I still think he is too left for me. So, I am glad to have had the opportunity to hear him and will watch any town hall meetings on TV. The same as I will watch the debates. I do think the DNC not allowing any debates to be hosted by FOX is a crock of you know what.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:44 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
This guy is a joke as is Wallace. Irrelevant.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:16 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
He was brilliant, the way he handled Trump tweets and the Fox News alt right, very well don't. His comment when asked about Trumps tweets was "who cares, but I understand how difficult it is to not look at something grotesque".

Very well spoken and sensible, whether he gets the nomination or not he will play a roll in the selection.

I never knew Wallace was a leftist, best interviewer in the media,

Old 05-20-2019, 06:21 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Pete has some of the most ridiculous Far Left policy positions of any nominee, even Bernie. He is left of Stalin.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Mayor Pete is one articulate, intelligent and quick witted young man. It appears Wallace was literally taken aback by the standing ovation Pete received at the conclusion of the town hall.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:19 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I never saw either one of them put down a veteran like Trump did to McCain, even Clinton who protested Vietnam. But your mileage my vary
Well that's because they are all war mongers. McCain supported every War of Choice brought to the world by Obama, the Bush Family, and the Clintons. 10s of 1000s dead for nothing and that's the real sad thing about those who ignore it because they are too interested in making a point against Trump. Veterans don't care if if McCain is called out by Trump. McCain should be called out.

On the other hand, they are very appreciative they aren't being sent into new Wars of Choice and getting killed & maimed for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies