Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I could easily start 10 threads a day with just the stories that make the news about careless and negligent gun owners who hurt themselves and others, often children, by their behavior. There are many on here who still believe we shouldn't do anything to restrict ownership of any types of weapons.

There's all sorts of restrictions and in many localities, urban cesspools anyway, regular citizens are totally denied the right to arms or it has been made so expensive that owning a firearm is restricted to the elite rich. Often the elite left.

And still the gangs spray down the streets with bullets. There's no legal gun ownership to speak of yet still there's a problem. Go figure. I get it. You don't like firearms, they scare you, shooting holds no interest for you and you have this mental image of firearms owners all being overall wearing, shack dwelling, ignorant Joe Billy Bobs who can hardly string a sentence together.

Well I have this mental image of this herd of gun grabbers who all look like Allen Combs trying to tell me I am evil because I own and use firearms. I grew up in an environment where firearms were a necessity. As I've aged nothing has convinced me that they aren't still a necessity. I don't live on the ranch anymore. I live in a small city. Smallish. All that means is instead of four legs the varmints now have only two. And they are a helluva lot less honorable than the four legged critters and they have guns and knives.

They still want what I have but instead of my calves or foals they want my wallet and barring that will settle for my life. This has been proven to me. It's no armchair daydream. It's happened to me and someone I cared deeply for. But we were ready to fight back. And so it was. And so it will be if it happens again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 10:55 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Bingo!
Very well stated. These people ONLY care that they can keep fondling their guns, regardless of ANYTHING.

The more doubts they have about their manhood, the more powerful their guns need to be.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:17 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Going the guns = sex route. Classy.
Robert, if you run across people that are just impossible to hold a rational conversation with (and there are 20-30 of them on this forum of all political stripes), put them on ignore.

Those posters have been adding nothing to discussions around here on any topic for years and just blocking them allows for a better quality of discussion with others that you may not agree with but you can at least have a reasoned exchange.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:03 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The more doubts they have about their manhood, the more powerful their guns need to be.
The smaller the brain the more need to result to responding with insults and sexual innuendo in a debate

Old 05-21-2019, 09:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The smaller the brain the more need to result to responding with insults and sexual innuendo in a debate
It’s true. We also see this with men who try to be cool with their fancy sports car which they drive like idiots. It’s pretty funny, you just have to laugh at how pathetic they are.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:36 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It’s true. We also see this with men who try to be cool with their fancy sports car which they drive like idiots. It’s pretty funny, you just have to laugh at how pathetic they are.
And I predicted Steve would make the sports car reference. It as a 50/50 chance between the two.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
And I predicted Steve would make the sports car reference. It as a 50/50 chance between the two.
That’s because both are so true.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:43 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

I always get this image in my mind from Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan books of Manu the monkey, hurling vile insults from the trees at Numa the lion. Indeed chattering monkeys in the trees. Except these monkeys look like Allen Combs or John Denver and are waving around some college degree or another and believe they have some sort of moral and social high ground.

While claiming intellectual superiority they flip out invective about sexual weirdness in true locker room fashion. This is especially true in the firearms debate. And they always attack "manhood" when in ever increasing large numbers women are arming themselves. How does that work?

What's the standard sexual insult for the lady's who are armed? I have to admit a certain level of curiosity. After all a firearms owner is a firearms owner and that in turn leaves the field open for sexual innuendo and insulting rhetoric regardless of gender I would think.

Truly, with the lady shooters I know it would be ....ill advised....to attack them thus. And any more there seem to be just as many ladies on the range any more as men when I go shooting. But with we men our firearms ownership is all about inadequacies with our plumbing and some weird desire for some sort of power.

I don't expect an answer from any of the bespectacled degree toting hoplophobic academicians on this, but at least I have posed the question.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:52 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Well if you'd just stop responding to them, none of us would even know what they posted.

At this point, it's like you have dogs in the neighborhood that routinely crap on your lawn because you don't close the gate. But then you complain about the dogs. Just close the gate.

P.S. Apologies to dogs and to their crap for the comparison.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:58 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
It's dads fault: . “No shooter should ever fire at a shape, movement or sound”. He should have known by calling out first...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies