Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 02:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Tillerson's appointment was a far cry from "draining the swamp" due to his ties to big oil but obviously he has a degree of integrity or at least impatience with idiocy for he openly cut Trump loose and referred to him as an "effing moron" back in 2017.
Quote:
Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was spotted entering a congressional office building on Tuesday morning for what a committee aide told The Daily Beast was a meeting with the leaders of the House Foreign Affairs committee and relevant staff about his time working in the Trump administration.

{snip}

Tillerson’s arrival at the Capitol was handled with extreme secrecy. No media advisories or press releases were sent out announcing his appearance. And he took a little noticed route into the building in order to avoid being seen by members of the media.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
One must wonder what Tillerson will have to say about Trump. Likely nothing good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 02:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
So what’s the problem?

Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Tillerson's appointment was a far cry from "draining the swamp" due to his ties to big oil but obviously he has a degree of integrity or at least impatience with idiocy for he openly cut Trump loose and referred to him as an "effing moron" back in 2017.

One must wonder what Tillerson will have to say about Trump. Likely nothing good.
Just because he was tied to "Big Oil" does not, in itself, say anything about his integrity. I have heard this man trashed on many occasions by those who do not actually know him. My cousin, with whom I am close, worked directly for Tillerson and it takes a lot to impress him. He has nothing but superlatives to say when commenting on this man. By the way, I don't believe he has ever acknowledged the effing moron comment but he probably does feel this way.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:34 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Not much of a secret if the city data forum knows about it.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Just because he was tied to "Big Oil" does not, in itself, say anything about his integrity. I have heard this man trashed on many occasions by those who do not actually know him. My cousin, with whom I am close, worked directly for Tillerson and it takes a lot to impress him. He has nothing but superlatives to say when commenting on this man. By the way, I don't believe he has ever acknowledged the effing moron comment but he probably does feel this way.
My issue with "big oil" and rightly so, is its hiding the affects of fossil fuel on the environment when it was aware way before anyone else, therefore and in my opinion, anyone in the industry at that high a level is, like it or not, somewhat complicate. Tillerson impressed me as an intelligent man nevertheless and I was not surprised when he threw in the towel and left this administration. I would bet the farm that he called Trump that and lots more.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:10 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Hoax News

Old 05-21-2019, 08:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

He reached out to the committee and had a 6-hour meeting.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He reached out to the committee and had a 6-hour meeting.
it was in response to a request from Rep. Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.).

Old 05-22-2019, 10:55 PM

Default Putin out-prepared Trump in key meeting, Rex Tillerson told House panel

Oh gee...thanks Rex. As if we thought idiot boy would ever be able to match wits with Putin or any other foreign leader for that matter.
Quote:
“We spent a lot of time in the conversation talking about how Putin seized every opportunity to push what he wanted,” a committee aide said. “There was a discrepancy in preparation, and it created an unequal footing.”

“Putin is a very nimble adversary who’s been at this for 20 years now,” said Andrew Weiss, a Russia scholar at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “The Hamburg meeting sounds like it was one of Putin’s wildest dreams: a freewheeling backroom-style conversation with a U.S. president.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
And of course idiot boy wanted nothing documented.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-22-2019 at 11:29 PM..

Old 05-22-2019, 11:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you fall in, you should not be cool with this.

The fact the administration is actively blocking cyber security measures to block and protect us from this speaks volumes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ity/884438002/

Don't forget Helsinki. He openly, on a world stage, sided with Russia over the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies