Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:56 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,922,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Same place, same time, same people. Heck, even the girl on the video promoting the MAGA party spoke of them as one event. Of course they'll try to blame someone else for the accidents.
Same place, same time, different people...

The MAGA Beach Bash was predominately gen-Xers and the Go Topless Jeep event was predominately millennials.

The videos I've seen all show younger millennials causing all the problems.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:57 PM

77,015 posts, read 47,418,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why is there a need to look for the absolute worst in people, even when it isn't there?
I'm not. I am looking at reality. You should try it sometime.

Look at the video. What do you see? Jeeps and trucks. Lots of them, when MAGA flags on them. What else? People with booze containers in their hands, praising Trump. Same event, same people. You are only fooling yourself.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:57 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,101,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
The funny thing to me is that the OP chose this event to showcase his side's penchant for lawlwessness, vandalism, and violence. Do they (Trump supporters) think that the rest of the nation looks favorably on stuff like this?

They're already looked down upon by most of the law abiding, civilized folks I know. I wouldn't think this would be something that would exactly be beneficial in combatting their already sullied image. But they seem to be proud of it so who knows.

https://youtu.be/sq-dcJrnGTM

Old 05-20-2019, 02:01 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,457,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
The funny thing to me is that the OP chose this event to showcase his side's penchant for lawlwessness, vandalism, and violence. Do they (Trump supporters) think that the rest of the nation looks favorably on stuff like this?

They're already looked down upon by most of the law abiding, civilized folks I know. I wouldn't think this would be something that would exactly be beneficial in combatting their already sullied image. But they seem to be proud of it so who knows.
The funny thing to me, are the Trump haters, who have nothing to do with these people show up to say some of the most hateful things about people they don't even know, who haven't broken any laws, and were having some fun on the beach. And this ONLY because they support Trump. It seems to drive them absolutely crazy.

BTW, The indignant self righteous are the last to realize they are the ones held in lowest regard.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,457,687 times
Quote:
I'm not. I am looking at reality. You should try it sometime.

Look at the video. What do you see? Jeeps and trucks. Lots of them, when MAGA flags on them. What else? People with booze containers in their hands, praising Trump. Same event, same people. You are only fooling yourself.
Reality? LOL I told you Trump would win the election. But I digress.

Let's see. According to you.
  • Trucks
  • Jeeps
  • Flags
  • Trump
  • Legal Alcohol
Equals Bad Stuff. But you never sad what Bad stuff. Please tell us. And ...

Please be specific about this reality.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:06 PM

19,965 posts, read 8,872,686 times
Quote:
Incorrect.

Why is there a need to look for the absolute worst in people, even when it isn't there?
it's usually related to self-loathing.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:08 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,716,658 times
Quote:
The funny thing to me, are the Trump haters, who have nothing to do with these people show up to say some of the most hateful things about people they don't even know, who haven't broken any laws, and were having some fun on the beach. And this ONLY because they support Trump. It seems to drive them absolutely crazy.

BTW, The indignant self righteous are the last to realize they are the ones held in lowest regard.
It's not just people like me calling attention to the lawless nature of the Trump supporters on the beach that day, law enforcement and emergency services were as well. I believe another poster linked a couple of articles about the damage they caused. You should read them.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:10 PM

77,015 posts, read 47,418,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Same place, same time, different people...

The MAGA Beach Bash was predominately gen-Xers and the Go Topless Jeep event was predominately millennials. The videos I've seen all show younger millennials causing all the problems.
I saw the video, with all the loud millennials with their Jeeps, trucks, beer and MAGA gear. Accidents happen when booze is involved. I saw that video, and first thing I thought was "thank god we dont allow that in Florida". You need to learn to accept reality. You can't just always deny everything. They used to allow cars on the beach in Daytona, FL, and accidents happened. It is practically unavoidable when you mix booze, large cars, and pedestrians.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:23 PM

5,789 posts, read 3,576,347 times
Whatever floats their boat.

Personally, I'd've rather been on the other side of the South that day -- in the mountains of Asheville, NC.

Big drum circle going on at the very same time. But to each their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NfCCc6bqU

Old 05-20-2019, 02:24 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,716,658 times
Quote:
I saw the video, with all the loud millennials with their Jeeps, trucks, beer and MAGA gear. Accidents happen when booze is involved. I saw that video, and first thing I thought was "thank god we dont allow that in Florida". You need to learn to accept reality. You can't just always deny everything. They used to allow cars on the beach in Daytona, FL, and accidents happened. It is practically unavoidable when you mix booze, large cars, and pedestrians.
It's funny isn't it how the Trump supporting conservative will berate others for not taking responsibility and owning up to their actions yet refuse to do the same when it involves their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies