U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:24 PM

20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Are they so stupid"? Guess they are. When you expect the entire world to know every version of the everchanging qeeruniverse, and nomenclature, I would say you have an unrealistic expectation of society at large.
The patient stated that he was trans, and had a positive pregnancy test. Do they not know what a trans person is, or do they not know how to deal with people that have a positive pregnancy test?

These are educated people in the medical field, one would assume they knew what a transgendered person is and that they would know what to do in the event of a pregnant person presenting with stomach pains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 05:33 PM

26,184 posts, read 8,913,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Maybe they missed a few things?

They still say they "rightfully classified him as a man," though it's clear that things would have been done differently, and that there might have been a different outcome (a live rather than stillborn baby) had the patient been classified as female.

But, hey, instead of science, it's all about pretending, and saying things like he gave birth in order to make a point.

We're doomed.

https://www.usatoday.com/amp/3692201002
There was probably a thick fog that creeped into the hospital obscuring vision and this was unavoidable.

Obviously the result of climate change, as all deaths are, and its only going to get worse.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:04 PM

4,194 posts, read 818,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If "he" is a male in "his" EMR, does "he" get notified that it's time for a prostate exam?

Does the doctor performing the exam get confused when the "male" patient doesn't have the biology "he" is supposed to have?
You are giving an SJW liberal nagging mother-in-law even more confusion!

Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 PM

19,636 posts, read 14,606,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The patient stated that he was trans, and had a positive pregnancy test. Do they not know what a trans person is, or do they not know how to deal with people that have a positive pregnancy test?

These are educated people in the medical field, one would assume they knew what a transgendered person is and that they would know what to do in the event of a pregnant person presenting with stomach pains.
Guess not all people in the Medical field are up to the ever changing world of gender identity and gender diaspora. Maybe those classes aren't mandatory in Med School?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 PM

35,087 posts, read 10,364,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So this “male” got pregnant through sexual activity with male that actually had sperm???? Clearly this “male” engaged in sex using their female parts. So does this mean he decided to transition from a female to a gay male that had a vagina? He signed into the hospital as a male, was listed as a male in his medical records - why would anyone be shocked that it never dawned on medical personal to consider he might be pregnant. I am so freaking confused. How, in all that is holy, did we end up in a place where this seems reasonable to anyone?
Well, I'm shocked because he told the nurse that he was "transgender," and that a home pregnancy test was positive. Also, a specific symptom, which could cause complications in pregnancies, was relayed to her.

That's the point, and why they're insisting defensively that "they rightfully classified the patient as male." Because, had they acted on information reflecting reality, rather than being PC in validating that he was "male," the patient would have received what should have been standard treatment for a pregnant female.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:03 PM

4,769 posts, read 2,174,045 times
The problem with this patient telling them they were a trans man is that physically they weren’t. This person stopped taking testosterone and kept their female reproductive organs. When a nurse hears that a patient is a trans man is she supposed to assume they’ve not completed sex reassignment surgery and are actually a mishmash of male and female characteristics? I agree with middle-aged mom that this patient was probably in denial about their pregnancy. The hospital detected no fetal heartbeat so we have no idea what condition—maybe drinking, drugs, smoking—that could’ve lead to that.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:06 PM

4,769 posts, read 2,174,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I don't find pronouns confusing at all.

In a hospital, nobody is wandering around looking for the "pregnant lady." That's not how healthcare works. They enter your room/cubicle/whatever and verify who you are based on your bracelet and your verbal self-identification (your last name and birthdate). If a trans man comes in and is pregnant, trust me, the relevant staff is aware of the situation.

Besides, not everyone clearly looks like a man or a woman. There have been plenty of times that I haven't been sure what type of genitalia an individual has. When I first met a new neighbor on my street, the person had a gender-neutral name and... I really couldn't tell. I didn't lose any sleep over it. I guess I actually still wouldn't bet my life on which gender they are (though I think she's a woman); it really doesn't matter. We can have a conversation about the weather or whether a bobcat is dangerous (they're from a city in the north and didn't know that they're not harmful) without me knowing either way. If the neighbor had to go to a hospital and had a gender-specific problem (such as being in labor or bleeding during pregnancy), then it's possible that the staff would not know that she's a woman upon entering her room. Would it be appropriate for them to shrug and walk away or to treat her anyway? That's basically the question on the line here.
Is your neighbor named Pat?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 PM

32,309 posts, read 59,585,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
"HE" was not pregnant.

Men cannot be pregnant. It's biologically impossible.

SHE was pregnant.
Still can't separate biological sex from gender, can ya?

Old 05-21-2019, 09:51 PM

32,978 posts, read 19,947,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
How on earth can somebody say "he was pregnant" "he had periods"? Are we totally out of our minds? What the f????
lol

Old 05-21-2019, 09:54 PM

284 posts, read 46,535 times
Are they closing the hole up and sewing on a pecker??

I don’t want to google this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies