U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:47 AM

5,214 posts, read 1,546,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and whats that have to do with abortion? I am curious how many of those deaths are not people from coming here illegally and did not get proper care before.
Further proof that there are few problems for which we cannot dishonestly scapegoat immigrants.

The biggest problem we are going to have if we do decide to self-defeatingly deport all illegal immigrants (aside from the economic fallout, of course) will be finding someone else to blame for our problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 07:52 AM

29,691 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I agree for the most part,but the radical left won't give up either because it rallies THEIR base.We've gone from pro choice meaning 'keep the law out of it in the first trimester' to pretty much every Democrat running for office saying,"I support and trust women on these issues" when asked if they support a woman,nine months pregnant, being able to still get an abortion five minutes after her water breaks.

Both sides have gotten pretty crazy.

While I think abortion is usually morally wrong,I think it should be legal in the first trimester without restrictions on adults and at any point if it could kill the mother. There are probably other exceptions I would be OK with.....Of course this puts me as too far left to make the right happy and too far right to make the left happy.I guess its good i'm not running for office.
There is absolutely no such thing, and never has been, as an abortion on the delivery room table.

Let's stop with the hyperbole please.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:54 AM

20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Quote:
and whats that have to do with abortion? I am curious how many of those deaths are not people from coming here illegally and did not get proper care before.
Maternal mortality is highest among African Americans. How man AAs are crossing the border illegally?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 AM

29,035 posts, read 15,300,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's your problem. But the government is not forcing you to work.
Is the government forcing women to have sex?

No.

So what's the difference?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:18 AM

20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Is the government forcing women to have sex?

No.

So what's the difference?
Do you not know the difference between sex and pregnancy?
Do you not understand that consent to one is not consent to the other?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 AM

66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The supreme court isn't going to touch Roe vs Wade itself.
I think the Supreme Court will reiterate that Roe v. Wade established that abortion is universally legal in the first trimester. Anything beyond that is a state issue, and states can legislate whatever they will in regards to second and third trimester abortions.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:34 AM

3,980 posts, read 2,035,510 times
And why AA's?? Cause?

Quote:
Maternal mortality is highest among African Americans. How man AAs are crossing the border illegally?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:47 AM

66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Quote:
And why AA's?? Cause?
They're specifically targeted for abortion. They have been ever since Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood. She was a racist eugenicist who wanted to exterminate Black people. That was the progressive ideal back in the day, and apparently remains au currant among today's left-wing.

For example,

Alabama

Population by Race:
Black: 26.8%
US Census, 2018

Percent of all abortions that were obtained in Alabama:

Black women: 60%
Kaiser Family Foundation

Black Lives Matter? Or are the Dems purposely trying to exterminate them? This has not gone unnoticed by the Black community. Even Pro NFL player Benjamin Watson is disgusted by the racism on display.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSWatson/...on-alyssa-mila

And other Blacks raise the alarm, as well...

https://www.protectingblacklife.org/...ets/index.html

Old 05-21-2019, 08:52 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,074,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
One would think that we could quit having this argument. It's been settled law for a long time.

But the radical right cannot give it up. The GOP doesn't want to give it up because it rallies their base. Also, the GOP does NOT want to reverse Roe V Wade because they aren't that stupid. But they've dipped their toe in it and will now have to comment on the Alabama case right up until election day.

Which they most certainly do NOT want to do.

This is definitely a rallying cry for pro-choice Democratic voters.
"Radical Right"
just to put this in perspective, all of this started with those wonderful progressives in New York passing a bill that allowed women to abort up to the day they deliver. It further gave doctors cover for a letting babies born alive to be left OUTSIDE THE WOMB to die.

anyone suggesting the "radicalism" is on the right side of the political divide isn't being intellectually honest.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:56 AM

29,035 posts, read 15,300,370 times
Quote:
Do you not know the difference between sex and pregnancy?
Do you not understand that consent to one is not consent to the other?
Why is my consenting to feed myaelf and my family also consenting to feed others?

You can avoid being pregnant by not having sex.

How can I provide food and shelter for my family without working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies