U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For abortion or against?
For abortion 84 55.63%
Against abortion 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 01:44 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,399,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Not so much a poll, but almost all pro-infanticide people are liberals, most anti-infanticide people are conservatives to it only follows. Also, there are statistics out there.

Now, go look up the meaning of facetious, but don't tell anyone. It's our little secret.
Hm, I don't know anyone who is pro-infanticide.

I do know many liberals with a working knowledge of basic biology, though. They can define a zygote, fetus, and infant correctly, even.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:47 PM

13,453 posts, read 8,472,056 times
I think the "heartbeat" bills will be challenged, the SCOTUS will rule in favor, and that will end the debate. Women will no longer have legal abortions if there is a detectable heartbeat.
It's a little more complicated than it sounds, but I think that will all be ironed out. Abortions, as we know them today, will be illegal.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:52 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,638,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think the "heartbeat" bills will be challenged, the SCOTUS will rule in favor, and that will end the debate. Women will no longer have legal abortions if there is a detectable heartbeat.
It's a little more complicated than it sounds, but I think that will all be ironed out. Abortions, as we know them today, will be illegal.
And I think the opposite will happen. It will eventually go to SCOTUS, who will rule in the favor of keeping RvW intact and that will (not) end the debate. Even Trump isn't on the side of whatever nonsense the deep red states are coming up with. He knows it's not going to be upheld. Besides, republicans don't actually want RvW to be overturned. If it were, what would they do to keep their one-issue voters? Nothing. They know this.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 PM

20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Quote:
Well I consider most abortion to be infanticide (if there are brainwaves, it's a person), but given that most abortions are liberals slaughtering their own, I can't find it in me to object beyond the intellectual debate.

Liberals, please continue to slaughter your pre-born offspring. After all, the last thing we need in the USA are more Liberal DemocRATS.
Quote:
As leading neuroscientist Michael Gazzaniga, a member of President Bush's Council on Bioethics, describes in his book The Ethical Brain, current neurology suggests that a fetus doesn't possess enough neural structure to harbor consciousness until about 26 weeks, when it first seems to react to pain. Before that, the fetal neural structure is about as sophisticated as that of a sea slug and its EEG as flat and unorganized as that of someone brain-dead.
https://www.wired.com/2010/09/the-co...lly-want-that/

And they do not survey political affiliation when getting an abortion as far as I know. If you have a link to back up this claim, I would love to see it.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:57 PM

4,388 posts, read 4,580,132 times
I have an answer that neither liberals or conservatives will like. I would prefer to keep it legal because many of the babies being aborted would grow up to be criminals and welfare takers. Only middle class and higher married couples should have children. So abortion as a eugenics tool is attractive to me. If the mother is a welfare candidate (or already on welfare) I would have the state pay for her abortion in exchange for sterilization. Also as part of my eugenics program I would sterilize every male who committed a violent felon. Doing this would cut down on the number of abortions as felons are wildly popular sex partners for lower class women.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:01 PM

1,844 posts, read 389,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
To repeat what I said earlier, the debate isn’t just about a woman’s right to do what she wants with her body. It’s over whether or not it’s murder.

One side believes the baby/fetus is a human life and the woman doesn’t have the right to kill it - inside or outside of the womb. The other side doesn’t believe it’s a human life and therefore it wouldn’t be murder, so the woman can abort it.

Again, I’m on the fence, but framing it as people trying to control a woman’s body is dishonest...and that’s coming from me, a person whose philosophy is based entirely on self-ownership and letting people control their own bodies and lives.
I don't believe that for a minute. They know it is a human being, they just don't care enough for allow themselves to be inconvenience, so they pretend, both to themselves and to everyone else, that it is anything except what it truly is, i.e. another human being with its own DNA, nervous system, brain, circulatory system etc. It is all pretense - no different that when the Nazi's explained that Jews aren't really people, either, as they machine-gunned them down. Not substantive difference, whatsoever.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:03 PM

1,844 posts, read 389,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://www.wired.com/2010/09/the-co...lly-want-that/

And they do not survey political affiliation when getting an abortion as far as I know. If you have a link to back up this claim, I would love to see it.
Look up facetious, but don't tell anyone. It is a secret!!!

Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,205 posts, read 13,969,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have an answer that neither liberals or conservatives will like. I would prefer to keep it legal because many of the babies being aborted would grow up to be criminals and welfare takers. Only middle class and higher married couples should have children. So abortion as a eugenics tool is attractive to me. If the mother is a welfare candidate (or already on welfare) I would have the state pay for her abortion in exchange for sterilization. Also as part of my eugenics program I would sterilize every male who committed a violent felon. Doing this would cut down on the number of abortions as felons are wildly popular sex partners for lower class women.
well if we go with eugenics (the liberal (Nazi) solution) instead of abortions...why not do as the liberals did 70ish years ago...sterilization

Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,399,657 times
Quote:
I don't believe that for a minute. They know it is a human being, they just don't care enough for allow themselves to be inconvenience, so they pretend, both to themselves and to everyone else, that it is a brick, or a twig, or a weasel, or anything except what it truly is, i.e. another human being with its own DNA, nervous system, brain, circulatory system etc. It is all pretense - no different that when the Nazi's explained that Jews aren't really people, either, as they machine-gunned them down. Not substantive difference, whatsoever.

Hm, no, I knew I was pregnant with an embryo.

Had it been a twig, perhaps I wouldn't have terminated the pregnancy.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:07 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,638,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Hm, no, I knew I was pregnant with an embryo.

Had it been a twig, perhaps I wouldn't have terminated the pregnancy.
I have been pregnant several times (never had an abortion) and each time, I saw my embryo on the screen and was fully aware that it had the potential to grow into a baby. Two times that is exactly what happened! The other two times, I miscarried.

So yea, I'm fully aware of what an embryo is and what it has the potential to be. I am also a living, breathing human and know many living, breathing humans (including my own teenage daughter!) who should be able to make decisions about what happens in their own bodies. Yes, I put living, breathing human beings on a higher level of priority than I do embryos. Others can prioritize differently when it comes to their own bodies, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies