Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For abortion or against?
For abortion 84 55.63%
Against abortion 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
NOBODY is pro abortion! Some of us are pro choice!
It's the same thing. If you're willing to commit an act then you are pro that act. Abortion is an action. If it was about being pro-choice then one would have chosen not to get pregnant in the first place by using birth control and most birth control does not fail either if used properly

Old 05-21-2019, 03:26 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's the same thing. If you're willing to commit an act then you are pro that act. Abortion is an action. If it was about being pro-choice then one would have chosen not to get pregnant in the first place by using birth control and most birth control does not fail either if used properly
Nope, your argument is fallacious

Old 05-21-2019, 03:49 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Late term, third trimester, abortions are not elective. They are done for medical reasons.

And infanticide has a legal definition, you aren't using the word correctly in your post.
Either you or somebody else has deluded you, perhaps beyond recovery. Infanticide, as I am using it, is to kill an infant. It's exact location is irrelevant to what it is (an infant) and what is done to it (homicide). Hence Infanticide.

You don't like the term because it is too accurate, too truthful, and the very LAST thing the "pro-infanticide" ilk want is the truth to be told. For the truth of what they want to do (Infanticide) is just too brutal for truthful, accurate language, so you call it something else, something benign/sanitized like "choice".

It

Old 05-21-2019, 03:51 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and how did you feel about termination that future human life..that future American president.....???
That future suicide bomber? That future Adolph Hitler? That future drug dealer?

We could play this game all day...

Old 05-21-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Late-term termination of non-viable fetuses happens. The accounts I've read of it sound painfully sad for the woman who makes that decision.

If it makes you happy to kick her when she's down and call her a baby killer, be my guest.
Oh, I am so embarassed, you've shamed me horribly......NOT. Sure, Late-term termination of non-viable fetuses happens, but, as you well know, that Red Herring is NOT what we are talking about.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:52 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Late term abortions are infanticide, like it or NOT.
Late term ones tend to only be done to save the life of the mother in a crisis situation or deliver a fetus who is going to die at birth or shortly after and spare the woman the pain of continuing a non-viable pregnancy.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Either you or somebody else has deluded you, perhaps beyond recovery. Infanticide, as I am using it, is to kill an infant. It's exact location is irrelevant to what it is (an infant) and what is done to it (homicide). Hence Infanticide.

You don't like the term because it is too accurate, too truthful, and the very LAST thing the "pro-infanticide" ilk want is the truth to be told. For the truth of what they want to do (Infanticide) is just too brutal for truthful, accurate language, so you call it something else, something benign/sanitized like "choice".

It
Infanticide is to kill an infant. An infant is a baby from birth to 1 year old. Once born it is not an abortion.

It is impossible for an abortion to be infanticide, since an infant is born.

And again third trimester abortions are done for medical reasons, not on a whim. They are very expensive and only 4 doctors in the whole country does them.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Late term ones tend to only be done to save the life of the mother in a crisis situation or deliver a fetus who is going to die at birth or shortly after and spare the woman the pain of continuing a non-viable pregnancy.
Not true. That's the sham PP puts out, but it is nothing but a bold faced lie. Sorry you fell for it, but it is what it is, i.e. a lie.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Infanticide is to kill an infant. An infant is a baby from birth to 1 year old. Once born it is not an abortion.

It is impossible for an abortion to be infanticide, since an infant is born.

And again third trimester abortions are done for medical reasons, not on a whim. They are very expensive and only 4 doctors in the whole country does them.
You can play word-games all you like, but it is what it is, and infanticide describes it to a T. You have Semantics (and homicide) in your corner. I have respect for human life in mine. Thought you might like to know, semantics notwithstanding.

You have also swallowed the PP smokescreen. Sad, but obviously true.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:10 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I'm in the middle here. I think it should be legal under circumstances.
Not only legal, but it should be a requirement for all libs. Children, after all, add to the "global warming" problem and should be banned in liberal families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies